Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2008. Almost 4.5 and counting down to school <gulp>

(71 Posts)
LeggaDAISYcal Fri 22-Mar-13 23:36:05

Ta Da grin

Impala Mon 25-Mar-13 12:11:52

Hi ladies, lovely to "see" you all on here again, gosh it's been ages since I posted on MN! It's CM-S here with E. Thanks Daisy for starting the thread smile Lovely to read everyone's news. Sorry for those having rubbish years, hope things get better soon. Congratulations to those that are pg smile Lots of holidays to look forward to too grin. We're going to France as usual for E and me to get our French fix!
I also can't believe our LOs are starting school in September! It's gone so quickly in some ways but not in others IYSWIM.
E turned a corner in terms of sleeping around the time of her 4th birthday and now sleeps reliably through the night most of the time <touches wood>. We did nothing different, I'm convinced it was a developmental thing and she was just ready (at last, it took long enough!) Fingers crossed for those of you with poor sleepers, sleep deprivation is so hard sad
We've got friends coming for Easter with their two daughters who are a year older and a year younger than E so that will be nice. We're looking forward to seeing them. Only thing is their daughters don't go to bed until 10pm at the earliest (they're French) so it's quite difficult managing the different bedtimes and explaining to E why she can't stay up with them. She's also having to give up her room for the two girls and isn't impressed with that but I didn't want them all sharing as E would get woken up by the girls coming to bed and she would wake them up in the morning! Oh well, I'm sure we'll manage and have a lovely time, although the weather isn't looking great so not sure we'll get out and about as much as we would have liked! I'm fed up with this weather now.

foxbasealpha Mon 25-Mar-13 13:21:57

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! (ceebee - haven't posted it on FB, that's why you haven't read it - always feel weird about that for some reason!)

On sleep, both my boy sleep through the night from about 7.30pm...but wake up in the 5s (!!!!) We had them going through until about 6.30 for a few months, but has drifted earlier again... Given we're moving next week we're letting it be for now, but I think it's simply that both of them only need 10 hours sleep (has always been that way for M). So I think we'll just start putting them to bed later. We have avoided that strategy so far as we like our quiet evenings...but the early mornings are just getting too much...

ceebeegeebies Mon 25-Mar-13 14:53:57

Fox - my friend is the same about announcing her pregnancy on FB. She is about 17 weeks and still hasn't done it!

I think we have just come to the conclusion that our 2 are just early risers. Doesn't matter what time they go to bed, they rarely wake up later than 6.30 <sigh>. If they do have a late night they still wake up early but are just grumpy pants all day!!

After 6 and a half years of getting up early 7 days a week, I wish I could say it gets easier but it doesn't sad

Oblomov Mon 25-Mar-13 16:11:48

Mine are very early risers too. 6am normally. Has always been like that. But they sleep really well and don't wake up, so like ceebee I can't complain.
But M just gets up, with ds1(9) and they go downstairs and watch tv, so they don't even disturb. There are a few benefits of having any older child who can look afte the younger one!!

widdles Mon 25-Mar-13 16:46:11

When Owen was coming in my bd he would sleep until 7:30 but now he is sleeping in his room all night he does 10 hours which means he us up at 6. All my dc's have been early risers so I'm used to it now.

Today has been eventful. Dd2 has been to a&e and now Owen has a temp of 38.9 and sounds really coldy hmm

whoneedstosleep Mon 25-Mar-13 17:13:08

I saw that on fb widdles, what happened to your DD?

oblomov I look forward to the day when ds1 and ds2 will get up and put the tv on. smile

widdles Mon 25-Mar-13 17:16:54

Dd2 cut 2 fingers last night on a broken mirror, thought I should get them checked out and now she looks like a mummy

LadyBuzz Mon 25-Mar-13 18:30:13

Congrats fox i missed that one!

widdles hope the DCs are ok.

We are to DBs in Worcester for Easter, its DNs birthday and we are looking forward to seeing them.

My DSs will get up and entertain themselves but DD cannot be left alone!

ceebeegeebies Mon 25-Mar-13 20:04:24

Widdles hope your DC are ok smile

Technically J could probably go downstairs and put the telly on but there are 2 problems with this:

1) we have the house alarm on at night and don't really want to teach J how to switch it off

2) the pair of them would argue about what to watch which would then turn into a fight and one and/or both of them shouting 'mummy' loudly to go and resolve it or crying because one of them is hurt therefore defeating the object!!

widdles Mon 25-Mar-13 20:41:30

Ceebee I know exactly where you are coming from Owen always plays in his bedroom and dd2 would go downstairs but generally I am up anyway, no lie ins for me hmm

Notsoblonde Mon 25-Mar-13 22:45:37

Fox, congratulations and good luck with the move smile, busy times ahead!

Widdles hope your dc are ok.

Dd1 & 2 have always been good sleepers we have been very lucky. They fell asleep as soon as their head hit the pillow tonight, M had her rehearsal down at the church for the preschool Easter service today so they had to walk down and back then they both had swimming lessons tonight, M been going for about 5 weeks now but tonight she did not want to get wet, swimming teacher very good tho and just took her from me, she was fine 5 mins later. M is very clingy with me I think she takes bad when dh is away at work, we went through a bad time at her cm for a while she would be crying every morning, I felt awful leaving her, but cm is lovely, no issue really she just didn't want me to go to work. I ended up in tears most mornings too sad.

Whoneeds my mum and dad are going up to their caravan in glamis for easter (if its not snowing) so we will probably go up their the girls love it smile are you doing anything?

Am loving how many people are here smile

widdles Tue 26-Mar-13 07:51:18

Need your help ladies, Owen still has a raging temp of 39, so we will be stating home all day. Dh is in bed as he came in from work at 6am, I feel crap with a cold so what am I going to do with dd2 today. She has a very short attention span and needs to be entertained. shock

whoneedstosleep Tue 26-Mar-13 08:12:42

Morning everyone smile

Sorry Ds still isn't well widdles, what do you think is causing his temp?

What does your dd like to do? Would she be happy with paints/drawing/movie/baking etc?

widdles Tue 26-Mar-13 08:17:25

She would do all those things on the space of half an hourhmm

I think Owen has a virus, has runny nose but not too bad on himself

widdles Tue 26-Mar-13 19:27:37

Just got in from gp Owen has a water infection and chest infection, got him some medicine and his temp seems to be coming down already smile

ceebeegeebies Tue 26-Mar-13 21:28:59

Poor Owen, hope he starts to feel better soon sad

Just seen your message about entertaining your DD, hope you found something to do. I would have had no suggestions as I am rubbish at entertaining my 2 unless it involves television/film blush

DH is away, I am sat here watching the football whilst S is in bed and J has fallen asleep on the sofa snuggled under 3 blankets and I have just eaten an entire easter egg - bliss grin

whoneedstosleep Wed 27-Mar-13 03:28:58

Aww glad you have some antibiotics they seem to be working widdles, hope he feels better soon.

I watched the tennis last night ceebee whilst eating an Easter egg. I'm sure my work uniforms are going to be snug next week!

impala that sounds fun over Easter, I bet E will love having friends stay. My E just loves having company his own age, he loves it when he has friends round to play.

Notsoblonde Sun 31-Mar-13 22:36:44

Happy Easter everyone smile I feel sick, far too much chocolate.

Oblomov Wed 10-Apr-13 09:48:53

Only a week to go until we get our school result. Can't wait.

whoneedstosleep Tue 16-Apr-13 12:04:38

Hope all those waiting on school placements get the results they want.

ShiftyFades Mon 22-Apr-13 13:45:10

How did we all get on?
J got our first choice, but we are in catchment so would have been surprised if we didn't.

I'm really excited about it, he's definitely ready.

Just making sure I really treasure my Mondays and Fridays with him grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now