Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 2011 - We're 2 - enough said!

(995 Posts)
wigglesrock Tue 19-Mar-13 09:32:48

I left a file locked that he needed to use and instead of asking me politely to close it, he said, "Hard to do X when you have it locked." I told him there's no need to be cheeky. blush He tends to be one of those that makes sarcastic comments about everything and unnecessary rudeness is one of my pet peeves.

L is hitting a lot too and sometimes biting. I know he does it for the reaction because he laughs when I tell him to stop and threaten a time out. He also thinks time out is funny until he realises he can't run off, then he (surprise) cries. I just keep telling him the consequences then following through, hopefully it'll sink in by the time he goes to uni. I ask him what the rules are though, and he points his finger and says, "No hitting! No biting!" Can't imagine where he picked that up. grin

ILovePonyo Mon 22-Apr-13 18:23:19

Ah good for you American, thanks for that. I haven't had to challenge anyone work wise for a while but am always interested in ways other people do it!

A wags her finger at her toys and says "no. Not hit mummy" grin she also laughs when I tell her off for hitting and runs off naughty step. I might call it time out rather than naughty. Dp has a much more firm angry voice than me so she cried when he tells her off confused

She is stood next to me watching peppa pig nicely, she's obviously been reading my mn posts and has decided to prove me wrong!

reastie Mon 22-Apr-13 18:32:02

ponyo grin to the 'no not hit mummy' to her toys. Alice has started making getting me to play 'phone' with her where we each have to have a play phone and I have to talk to her on the phone (whilst she stands next to me) and ask her loads of questions and she shouts 'who's there who's there' repeatedly at me. We went to sainsburys this morning and she had to take the phones with her in her handbag 'just incase' (her words!!). She's becoming such a chatterbox we can't shut her up and she comes up with such random things I can only assume someone has said to her at some point. We walked past my Dad gardening in his garden this afternoon and she said 'Grandad gardening. Nice hobby' hmm grin

American go you being assertive and business like in your power job role grin . Alice saves all her whiney behaviour for us too oh the joy

Oh, I didn't go swimming in the end. I know, I'm a rubbish Mum today. And I've been eating all day so have probably put on goodness knows how much confused

LOL at "Nice hobby." grin

reastie Mon 22-Apr-13 18:54:55

I know! It was the way she said it too grin . I didn't even know she knew what the word hobby was!!

ILovePonyo Mon 22-Apr-13 19:32:29

Massive grin at nice hobby and "just in case" how funny! A said "bloody hell" for the first time at my friends house the other day <proud> hmmshock

Reastie you're not a rubbish mum <wags finger>

Ledkr Mon 22-Apr-13 19:59:10

Hi all.
ponyo glad you got thru your dads anniversary.
I'm off work with sore throat headache and cough.
Still sent d to dil though so I could have a rest.
Am trying a new whinge plan of more sleep.
Not sure if its worked as I didn't have her.
She has nursery tomorrow,I asked her if she was going
And she said yes ha ha

reastie - it took me 30-[cough] years to realise that everyone deserves to be spoken to with politeness and respect and that I'm allowed to call people out when they don't. I'm well impressed that he apologised though.

There was a thread here a few weeks ago from a mum whose teenage son had said some shocking things to her, she lost her rag and tossed his XBox (other consoles are available) out the window where it smashed on the pavement. She expected to be flamed but I think she got a standing ovation from MN. grin

The weather was gorgeous yesterday, I had L out playing until bedtime. I can't wait until we have the fenced garden so I can turn him loose and sit with a wine.

reastie Tue 23-Apr-13 18:58:39

I wish you'd tell DH off for that too american . He has a tone which makes him sound like he talks to people like they're a piece of rubbish but doesn't mean to. It gets me down and I'm always moaning telling him about it <sigh>

Lovely weather here today too. I <gasp> didn't wear a coat and actually felt quite hot for a change!

ledkr feeling better?

blizy Tue 23-Apr-13 20:06:57

shock at not wearing a coat. I was out win my big winter jacket and gloves on today!

American, I read that thread. Was very funny, I would have loved to have seen the look on her ds's face.

Ledkr Tue 23-Apr-13 20:29:15

Hi all. Bit better but throat still very sore.
Dilly went to nursery but did cry but apparently ok after.
We might have driven past and had a look at her playing in the garden grin
I was pretty firm with my boys as you can imagine.
I've been known to take the house phone, mouse and sky card to work if they had been arses.
I locked one if them out one night after repeatedly coming home late.
He slept on the sun lounger grin
As for dh I give him as good as he gives me.

wigglesrock Tue 23-Apr-13 20:36:18

blizy there was a cold wind here today, fecking freezing out of the sun It's supposed to get colder hmm

reastie Mr W has a "tone" sometimes, it comes directly from work. A nice patronising flat slightly sceptical tone. Can you tell how much it irritates me? When it creeps into how he speaks if I'm about I tell him to get rid of his twat tone - I'm not the most supportive spouse wink

ledkr hope you're feeling a bit better, Anna and I are runny of nose and a bit sore throaty sad

Laughing at "hobbies" etc. I got into the car with the girls this morning and A told me "get my car cleaned Mummy, it's dirty"shock

Mr W and I are watching Skyfall tonight, I can't actually say Skyfall, I need to sing it Adele stylee, you know to rhyme with crumble hmm

A bit meh about it, but I saw Silver Linings Playbook at the weekend - fabarooni.

wigglesrock Tue 23-Apr-13 20:37:45

x posted with ledkr glad you're feeling better.

Ledkr Tue 23-Apr-13 22:34:53

wiggs you reminded me that earlier today dh and I were unloading the shopping on the drive and I suddenly felt the urge to sing "say my naeeeemme" Florence and the machine stylee with my current husky voice. It was very loud and I hadn't realised but people were getting off the bus right outside my house. Cue me and dh doubled over in hysterics as people edged past us.

Ledkr Tue 23-Apr-13 22:38:05

Yes dh rarely gets cross but if he does he swears a bit and his voice is crossed between a pompous public school tosser and joey Essex.
I usually simmer for a few hours whilst he treads carefully around me grin
I think I've finished posting now.

Ledkr Tue 23-Apr-13 22:39:20

Oh and I'm only a bit better don't rib me off my martyr status just yet.

wigglesrock Tue 23-Apr-13 23:10:04

Oh I really enjoyed that shock It was like a "real film" as Mr W succinctly put it smile

Ledkr Fri 26-Apr-13 14:38:25

Helloooooooooooo!!!!!?????
Dilly cried going in to nursery again but was ok after. I had to sign an inccident form as a bigger boy snatched her train.
Worried as she was new and little the staff hurried to intervene. Just in time to see him hit her face. They didn't need to worry as dily walloped him straight back before strolling off with her train!
The staff offered her a cuddle but she shouted at them.
Hmmm I'm in for fun I think.

ledkr - You'll become very familiar with the incident forms. grin Can't imagine where she gets her independence from...

The forecast is showing 20C for Sunday. shock

reastie Fri 26-Apr-13 18:47:30

An incident form for another child snatching a toy train from her? Really???? Have I missed something?!

american shock horror it got to about 20 here yesterday - I was outside in a tshirt and felt hot shock . Raining today though!

blizy Fri 26-Apr-13 19:27:24

Reastie, the incident report was because the boy hit D.

Hope you all have a good weekend, I'm off out into town tomorrow for a friends hen night. I may have a drink or 10 to drown my sorrows, AF has reared her ugly head again.

Ledkr Fri 26-Apr-13 20:41:29

Reastie keep up will you lol!

reastie Sat 27-Apr-13 06:56:02

blush

blizy sad to af, how blooming unfair. Hope you enjoy the hen night

Ledkr Sat 27-Apr-13 07:40:23

Aw blizy wtf is going on with your stupid af?
It must be doing your head in now.
What's the latest situation with drs n stuff?
A client of mine conceived with this natural Ivf method ill try to find out what it was for you. I did think we'd all be virtual aunties by now.
Don't give up xx

blizy Sat 27-Apr-13 10:51:51

Ledkr, I'm on the waiting list for the fertility clinic, god knows how long it will take for an appointment. We have been ttc for 2 years now. It's so hard watching our friends have their second babies, when there first children are all around the same age as Z. It just sucks!

I haven't heard of the natural IVF method before <runs off to frantically google>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now