Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 2011 - We're 2 - enough said!

(995 Posts)
wigglesrock Tue 19-Mar-13 09:32:48

Grannyapple Sat 22-Jun-13 12:24:58

Heh heh wigglesrock I feckin hope there's no action/announcement today-so not organised. Plus I've got a christening to attend tomorrow in Hampshire grin

Ah bless poor Olivia & lol at Sofia & her extended birthday celebrations!

Reastie Sat 22-Jun-13 18:44:07

granny I've been thinking about you also, but mainly because of our new windows grin . Btw, I have a question - if you put your hands over the bit at the top side where the rope comes from IYKWIM on a windy day, do you get gusts of breezes come through? confused . Not long now is it, it feels like it's gone really quickly to me but probably seems a lifetime to you. Btw it wasn't my thread, it was just a comment on a thread I made. Nothing interesting or witty so I'm not sure how/why it got on round up (but I'm still proud!).

wiggles I have 2 weeks left till summer hols, but only actually 4 days of work (well, 5 if you count having to go in for prizegiving on my day off). I'm doing outdoor cooking sessions on Friday whatever the weather, so am crossing fingers madly it's good weather as the thought of 7 hours in the pouring rain is not appealing! Poor Olivia, glad you've got the apt and hope it gets things sorted quickly. Hope Sofia enjoys the birthday celebrations.

Hope everyone is well today.

Borg how are you if you read this? Been a long time.

blizy Sun 23-Jun-13 11:11:39

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend.

Granny, im glad your on for a normal delivery, not long now!

Ponyo, hope,you enjoyed you Anya free night!

Ledkr Sun 23-Jun-13 12:52:41

Hi everyone.
Yes granny it does seem to have gone quickly but not for you I guess.
wiggs poor Olivia. I remember when ds1 had tonsillitis (all the time) I used to know it had come on overnight as he would open his door and I could smell the badness on the landing.
I have dh off thus weekend too. It's lovely although he's at tad moody today.
I did an adoption promotion at gay pride yesterday so we all went. It was great fun and dilly loved the drag queens. Ella is that age where you only have to mention kissing and she does a disgusted look. Dh gets told to turn off tv if a naked woman is on tv. So there was much eye rolling at gay day as she called it scathingly. Dh and I are not too concerned that she will be a massive homophobe grin
Dilly is scrumptious at the moment.
Talking so well "good girl mummy" could be feeling better at the fact that she is sleeping at last.
We are getting our bongo ready today. Washing all the cooking stuff and adding loo rolls, washing up liquid n stuff.
Tres excited

blizy Mon 24-Jun-13 09:46:03

Well, my fertility clinic appoinment has come through, it's 8 th August. However is states in the letter that the bmi guidelines have changed form 35 being the limit to 30. I'm sad to say mines is 35!
I have been calorie counting like a maniac and i have to up my exercising. I have started the Couch to 5k, joining the gym and doing DVD workouts/using the wii and walking loads. Please cross your fingers ladies for me, I CAN and WILL do this!

Ledkr Mon 24-Jun-13 14:18:07

Wow blizy that's the best reason ever to lose weight.
I'm still MFP Inge like mad but I shall do c25k too as my token of support <wishes I'd not said that now>

wigglesrock Mon 24-Jun-13 14:25:22

blizy that's 6 weeks away, you will do this. I too will throw my hat into the ring with ledkr and will step up my efforts smile

I was going great guns but had a very self indulgent weekend. Bloody Cadbury Heroes blush and cake and quiche and yummy bread! I've been buying bread just for the kids but my Mum did Sofias party and bought numerous breads - damn her and her hostess with the mostess attitude wink

Olivia is back on killer strength antibiotics, but is feeling a bit better but very very tired. She's desperate to get back to school tomorrow, it's the end of year show at her Irish dancing class and she has a bit to do.

Reastie Mon 24-Jun-13 16:16:11

blizy if you're looking for a workout dvd I can really recommend x-train fit program. It's really cheap and so effective. One of the best work out dvds I've done effectiveness wise. How many pounds do you need to lose? How frustrating for you they have shifted the goal post with only 6 weeks to go, but you can manage alot in six weeks

blizy - I was just thinking about you last night, wondering if you'd had your appointment through yet. That's rubbish they've changed the BMI requirement. Do you have to be at 30 before the appointment or before they'll do any treatment? Good luck, I know you can do it!

Granny - not long now, how exciting!

wiggles - poor O, glad she's feeling a bit better.

blizy Mon 24-Jun-13 17:39:54

Granny they will defer treatment for a year if I'm not down to 30shock!

Wiggles hope Olivia is feeling better now, give her a wee hug from me.

blizy Mon 24-Jun-13 18:21:04

Oops I meanr American, not granny! My head is pickled today!

Ledkr Mon 24-Jun-13 21:45:07

Are you on MFP blizy we could be friends and I can bully you.
How much do you need to lose to get that pesky bmi to 30?
Listen to me "YOU WILL NOT BE DIFFERED FOR A YEAR" we've waited a long time for this appointment <wags finger>
Swap carbs for veg. I've lost nearly a stone doing that.
Tonight I had spaghetti Bol with broccoli cauliflower and courgettes instead of spaghetti. Filling and you get used to it.

blizy Mon 24-Jun-13 22:17:10

Ledkr, no im not on it. I've just been to tesco and I'm armed with loads of veg and fruits. I will eating lots of soup and veg stir frys and salads. I have an induction booked in at the gym for Friday morning and it is day 2 of C25K tomorrow. (I am weirdly excited by it)

Ledkr Tue 25-Jun-13 06:57:08

bliz try it. It's the only thing that has worked ever for me.
It's got every food on there and I an my while day then if I've not got enough cals then I can adjust iyswim.
Yesterday I didn't have my pitta at work so I could have some extra dinner.
I am feeling grotty with af but will be jogging in your support ASAP.

Reastie Tue 25-Jun-13 07:06:43

Blizy agree with ledkr re: MFP. I find it really useful to keep on track with how much I'm eating. If you join then befriend me too grin . Oh and blizy I bought (but haven't got around to trying yet) a new type of 'pasta' which is only 7 calories for a portion this . Got it from the supermarket. Might be good to try bulking out your stirfries etc.

blizy Tue 25-Jun-13 10:57:57

I have set up a MFP profile now, my name is ladybevy if you want to add me. I have completed my second run this morning, it felt good but my legs are suffering now ha!

Reastie Thu 27-Jun-13 14:06:02

Quiet here again today <tumbleweed>

Please can you all do a sun dance for me tomorrow morning? I'm outside teaching outdoor cooking all day tomorrow and the weather forecast is for rain and more rain confused . I told a friend I saw yesterday I was going to have a look and see if I could find if I have any waterproof trousers to stay warm and she looked at me like I'm mad I have no shame how I look . It's going to be miserable cooking all day in the tipping rain confused

Started 'insanity' workouts today (when I say started, I mean I did the fitness test, which really just showed me how unfit I am). Don't know if I'm up to it but I will give it a go so I can feel aching joints alongside blizy grin . How are the jogs going btw?

Alice being very very difficult at the minute. Think she's asserting her authority but it's such hard work.

blizy - good luck with the weight loss. Did they tell you the BMI requirement was 35 earlier and have just now told you it's 30? If that's the case, I'd kick up a fuss if they try to defer treatment.

reastie - fingers crossed. Do you have a gazebo to hide in shelter under? I've been very lazy with exercise lately, am spending my evenings after work doing DIY then home just in time to see L off to bed. I hope Alice is just going through a phase, I thought this morning how lovely L has been lately - but it can change in an instant!

Reastie Thu 27-Jun-13 14:58:26

american I'm sure all that decorating is building arm muscles wink .

I forgot to mention - went to a mn local meet up on Monday. Turned out only me and the other mner I met the other week turned up!

I wish, reastie. grin I should go for a run tonight if it's not raining, I think I agreed to run a 5k with a friend in August. blush

It won't stop bloody raining here. angry We had 10cm overnight Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (35cm so far in June). At least it's hot so not too miserable.

wigglesrock Fri 28-Jun-13 19:14:40

reastie hope your weather was ok for your cooking al fresco smile. It rained all day here today but is gorgeous now ! Anna is also being bold testing boundaries, it's been pleasant hmm

Well school is over, as those on FB will have seen we decamped to the pub for lunch as soon as we picked the girls up. The advantage of the school being beside the pub,it's one of the reasons we picked it grin

Mr W then took the girls to see Despicable Me 2 - Sofia loved it, Olivia is reserving judgement.

We got all their exercise books home from school. God, they work them hard smile .

I was flicking through Olivias and there was a bit that the kids had to write - why I love my Mum? Olivia, and this is a direct quote wrote " I love my Mum because ..... she runs my bath" shock

So rest easy with the guilt fellow Febbers - as long as you can turn a tap on - you're the best Mum ever grin .

Hope everyone has lovely weekend plans!

blizy how's the gym?

Reastie Fri 28-Jun-13 19:37:07

wiggles grin that's so funny re" my mum runs the bath! Outdoor cooking was very very wet hmm but good fun and went well. Am shattered now though!

Alice's new favourite game is shops. She keeps shouting 'shop lady is ready' as a hint we are now required to play shops

Reastie Fri 28-Jun-13 21:01:18

Sorry, posted too soon then got sidetracked. Forgot what I was going to say now though confused

blizy spill all on gym induction grin

ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER - huzzah

ILovePonyo Fri 28-Jun-13 21:57:17

Hi all!

Been away from the thread for a while so trying to catch up...

wiggles that is very sweet of O, love how kids minds work grin I do A's bath most nights <proud> wink Such lovely pics of your girls on fb recently, you're obviously doing more right than just running the bath as they always look so happy!

reastie haha at shop lady is ready, I like how our toddlers aren't afraid to be consistently demanding, A likes to demand that we sing songs with her but will also shush us half way through with a "no. you not sing" and a dismayed look hmm grin Is A going to mil/your mums over school hols for any days or are you going to have her with you all week? Dp breaks up for summer soon and we're keeping A in nursery a couple of days a week, a break for dp plus she likes it there!

<waves at everyone else>

I'm full of cold at the moment, not pleasant. Otherwise all is well, A very funny (and challenging) at the moment. Hope the weather is going to be nice this weekend? Getting out and about to the park is needed!

blizy Fri 28-Jun-13 22:55:53

Reastie gym was good, I'm going again tomorrow for a fitness programe.
A is funny with her shopkeeper.

Wiggles, I grin at O, so funny!

Pono, i think it's best to keep A in nursery, keeps her in her routine.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now