Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 2011 - We're 2 - enough said!

(995 Posts)
wigglesrock Tue 19-Mar-13 09:32:48

Reastie Tue 11-Jun-13 19:41:51

blizy slow results = long lasting results (which is what I tell myself anyway!)

wigglesrock Wed 12-Jun-13 12:11:13

blizy I didn't do so well on the 5:2, I don't like being told what to do, so it put me in rare form smile

reastie weather is pants here too angry

Is it just mine - or are the kids turning a bit dictatorish! The past week A has been a handful euphemistically speaking. Although rereading my issue with 5:2, it may be hereditary blush

We've had a lot shouting, stamping and No, I will not !!

blizy Fri 14-Jun-13 22:02:17

Very quiet in here. How are you all?
I've had a busy week culminating in a mad Thursday, I have 2 one yr olds and a 2 yr old, then the 3 after schoolies. Man it was tiring but great fun!

I just got my first spraytan tonight for the wedding on Sunday, I am so white I look blue! Totally pooping myself waiting on the colour developing, I dont wan to look like a big brown jobby!

We are off to the SANDS balloon release tomorrow then heading to Glenrothes for the weekend for our friends wedding, looking forward to it. Anyhoo, enough about me! Hope you are all well and have a fab weekend.

Ledkr Fri 14-Jun-13 22:45:25

Hi blizy sounds like a nice weekend. I still think if little Zoe often. Say a little hello to her from auntie ledkr.
All quiet here we are off to the food and drink festival tomorrow for much tasting and watching of bands.

blizy Fri 14-Jun-13 22:48:05

Ohh sounds fab ledkr! I shall up a wee note on her balloon for you, thank you it means so much.

wigglesrock Fri 14-Jun-13 23:34:57

blizy blow Zoe a kiss from us too.

I've never had a spray tan, you'll have to let me know what's it like. Am sure it will be lovely and non jobby like smile

Sofias birthday is on Thursday and she's having her party with her friends tomorrow. 9 eight year olds in Build a Bear then Frankie & Bennys for lunch. Gonna be great isn't it? hmm

Mr W has decamped to save the world from G8 going tits up, so I don't even have someone to hurumph at when I decide that I don't really like other people's kids wink

Have a lovely weekend, hope weather is considerably better where you are. Pissing down here!

Enjoy the wedding blizy

blizy Sat 15-Jun-13 10:25:24

Ha ha ha ha, the tan has gone slightly wrong. I look like I have wiped my bum with my hands! blush. It will be the first and last!

I don't think we are going t the balloon release now, it is pouring down and a bit windy sad. Ah well, I don't need a balloon to let Z know I'm thinking about her.

Wiggles, I hope the party goes well (you are a brave woman). Give S a birthday hug from me. I hope mr W is ok too.

Have a good one all, I won't be back on until Monday. X

Reastie Sat 15-Jun-13 13:30:06

Hello everyone

blizy I'm so sorry but I'm a little grin at your description of your fake tan disaster issue. I bet you look fab so long as you don't show anyone the palms of your hands. sad to not going to the balloon release but you're so right, Zoe doesn't need a balloon to know you're thinking of her. You could always do your own little one when the weather picks up? Enjoy the wedding.

wiggles good luck (hope you won't need it!).

Just got the window people back at present snagging on various issues we found and DH and FIL are taking off the shed roof to redo it and we've decided to put some glass in the roof to get light in (it's sort of an outhouse rather than a shed - proper brick building but bit bigger than shed sized) as it looks huge with light in there. I'm now planning on painting the inside white and making it into a summer room (will have to be summer as no lighting or heating wink ) or fab outdoor den for Alice when she's a bit older for her and her friends to play in away from the adults a bit. It's going to be fab <squeals with excitement>. It's like one of those ideas Sarah Beeny says when she goes around peoples houses to get loads more out of your house that I never thought of before.

Ledkr Sat 15-Jun-13 18:03:21

What about the spiders reastie <shudders>
Alice will be in there smoking and drinking white lightning when she's a teenager ha ha
blizy shame about the ballon launch but you are right it's not about that its about her always being a part of your lives and everyone who knew her.
Did you do your own tan? I always do but I use a mitt which works a treat. I has a spray one once in a machine and I hated it. Looked great but don't like being shut in a box.
Food festival a bit if a wash out.
Couldn't get round with buggy and dilly was moany.
Such a contrast to last year when dh had her and me and Ella had a good mooch then led on a blanket eating wraps whilst watching the bands play.
I saw an old friend who's always been one of those perfect women. She was sipping champagne with her handsome dh and her perfect bloody figure while her kids were probably with the nanny. I desperately tried to find something negative but failed as I stood there in my cagoul with rain dripping down my face and a big ginger toddler clinging to me crying and ruining what's left if my pelvic floor!!
She is two stone now, Ella was that at about four!
Wine is helping now and dh is home so taken control.
wiggs hats off to you with dh on mega duties I remember the floods and no water or electric and he was at work everyday guarding the emergency water from imbeciles pissing if poisoning it shock whilst I flushed toilets with paddling pool water and WASHED UP BY HAND.<trembles at the memory> grin

Reastie Sat 15-Jun-13 18:55:48

ledkr I didn't think of spiders confused . Oh well, it'll keep DH out as he hates them grin . I think Alice will need the alcohol to keep her warm in the shed outhouse as it'll be really cold in there. I'm sure your perfect friend isn't nearly as perfect behind the scenes as it seems (well, that's my experience anyway). Alice was 2 stone months ago shock she's getting really chubby and I'm getting a bit of a complex about it and worried she'll have weight issues but all she'll eat is blinking cheese. Speaking of which, how's the diet/weight loss going? Haven't been on MFP for a little while now, need to check up and nose grin

Ledkr Sat 15-Jun-13 21:04:07

Plateaued reastie largely because I go over my cals.
Gonna have a good crack at it next week though.
I'm just finished eating a slab of salted caramel fudge and half a bottle if wine so not really been very good today grin

Ledkr Sat 15-Jun-13 21:06:34

Dilly eats better theses days and I'm so sad but I love watching her tucking in.
Tonight she had tomato soup and crusty bread with butter and said mmmm at every mouthful.
She ate a whole massive punnet of strawberries at the food fair she adores all fruit except raspberries which she spits out and cries "drink"

wigglesrock Sat 15-Jun-13 22:30:40

reastie the drinking den for Alice grin sounds lovely. I know someone who has done the same sort of thing - it's worked out really well for her especially with her slightly older ones - 6+

ledkr poo to the washout festival, but I know how you feel re Dillys eating. A whilst not in danger of fading aware picks a bit at meal type foods. Funny enough tomato soup is always a goer!

Managed to survive Sofias do - note to self : always book a party in the centre of town when G8 is on the go. Build a bear was empty. It was like I'd booked the whole shop. Kids had the run of the place smile

Note to self 2 : never listen in to a group of 8 year olds dinner conversation shock I feel very old!

ILovePonyo Sun 16-Jun-13 09:14:16

Just popping in after doing a proper 'lol' at ledkrs description of a big ginger toddler clinging to her grin (sorry led!)

Reastie shed/house sounds great, grin at A using it to drink white lightening in when she's older.

A managed to tip a whole potty full of wee over herself this morning, she did a big wee then we heard a crash and she was lying on the floor with the potty on her chest covered in wee and crying shock then came downstairs and one of the cats had pooed on the floor hmm happy Sunday everyone!

Ponyo - poor A. sad I read that and wanted to hug her, she must've been v upset.

L is a bit hit and miss on food. Sometimes he'll empty the fridge, sometimes he'll only eat raisins. hmm He's on the 75th centile for height and 25th for weight, we don't restrict his food except for sweets but he never stops moving.

As some of you have already seen on FB, we own a house now. grin I'm de-wallpapering the bathrooms at the moment, hopefully staining the cabinets this week and painting next weekend. I'm uncertain if we're going to paint any other rooms before moving, the carpets are difficult to match with any paint colour besides beige. I'm desperate to replace the carpets with wood floors but it's not in the budget right now.

ILovePonyo Mon 17-Jun-13 21:12:29

Aw American, the worst thing was we didn't see her fall so don't know how she did it. I always worry she might have fallen badly and hurt herself/broken something. She's fine now though! And hasn't carried the potty again wink

American your house looks great, and so American iykwim confusedhmm love the piccy of the garden, enjoy the decorating, if enjoy is the right word...

Dp is currently reading go the fuck to sleep (without swears!) to Anya, her choice. She is showing no signs of tiredness confused

Ponyo - yes, it is a very American house. grin I don't think they build that style in the UK but it's v well suited to the amount of land available here. I will post a photo of our massive screened porch when I have a chance. grin L has already smashed pizza into the carpet though. [weeps]

So did A go the fuck to sleep? grin

wigglesrock Wed 19-Jun-13 20:29:23

americanexpat grin at your American house. I remember when my American relatives would visit (all my nanas family emigrated to Boston yes we are that stereotypical apart from her), they didn't get the notion of a semi detached house. It caused great confusionwink

The house is lovely, don't worry about the pizza, it's a bit like a new car. You don't really own it until there's a few scratches!

Well Mr W managed to single handedly avert any disruption to world security smile. Actually people here just couldn't have given 2 shiney shites. Poor shiny Dave decided to do a wee impromptu drive about Enniskillen - people were very non plussed - thought he was an insurance salesman smile

Sofia will be 8 tomorrow shock . Can't believe it - off to tuck her in and prise the iPod off her. She's like her Dad - music constantly!

Hope all is well with everyone x

Ponyo Anya away to sleep yet? smile

ILovePonyo Thu 20-Jun-13 17:01:39

American I am so jealous of your porch, I would love a porch! I'd just sit on it in a big comfy chair drinking cold drinks all day, watching the world go by smile

Wiggles happy birthday to your big grown up girl, eight!! Wow. shock

In just having a cuppa before I get A from nursery. Dp and I are going out this weekend shockshock On Saturday eve with some friends to a lovely restaurant where they serve loads of meat grin they just keep bringing it round on big skewers. Mmm. My mum is babysitting, I feel bad for her as she'll prob still be putting A back in bed at 9pm, I'm sure she can handle it though!

A did go to sleep the other night but it was about 9.45, she just will not sleep before 9 now! I'm not complaining though as she sleeps through most nights <crosses fingers>

Hope everyone is ok, it's been quiet here recently?

ILovePonyo Thu 20-Jun-13 22:10:42

Haha earlier I went up to put anya's back in bed, but she wanted her dad (as I wouldn't let her have more songs/stories etc) and she saw me and said "no no no. Yucky. Shoo shoo" grin

Reastie Fri 21-Jun-13 15:57:42

just wanted to come in and wave hello. Wrote a big message earlier but then mn went down and lost it and I can't be bothered to type it all again blush

Oooo, reastie, you've made the weekly talk roundup!

Reastie Fri 21-Jun-13 18:05:58

I know, it's my second time <preens> but I still remember you all grin

Grannyapple Sat 22-Jun-13 08:13:56

So what is this thread you started reastie-been having a good old nose & can't find it smile

All fine here-had a scan yesterday (36wks) to check placenta had moved & it has (yay!). So now on track for a normal delivery again...TENS machine ordered, sis's flights booked for babysitting duties & reflexology sessions booked...1st one is at 9.30am this morning. Just getting over a horrid cold/flu thing so hoping the session will help the rest of it shift! Just need to pack my bag now....

wigglesrock Sat 22-Jun-13 08:34:30

grannyapple completely out of the blue, you popped into my head last night shock. I was half expecting an "announcement" today smile

Glad all is on track, that's exactly what happened with Anna.

Only 4.5 days of school left not that we are eager or anything Sofias birthday celebrations are continuing this weekend - worse than the queen. We have a date for Olivias pre op consultation for mid July, so with any luck those tonsils will be whipped out before she is back at school grin She had a terrible night last night, she has been hoarse all week, so I knew it coming. She woke up at 11.30pm, crying and vomiting because of the pain. She's much better after some sleep, Mr W is off this evening, so him and S are watching the final of the Voice and Olivia and I are going to bed to read!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now