Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feb 2011 - We're 2 - enough said!

(995 Posts)
wigglesrock Tue 19-Mar-13 09:32:48

At least I'm not having any trouble sticking to my diet today. [silver lining]

blizy Sun 05-May-13 12:39:48

Hello ladies, hope you are enjoying the weekend. I have the task of clearing out my wardrobe today- such fun!

Ledkr Sun 05-May-13 19:09:37

Ok so weekend been ok with only. Few minor nibbles and they did babysit and buy lunch today.
Odd tho as yesterday fil sat on the sofa with a pepper pig toy just pressing the buttons over and over for about fifteen minutes.
So weird. It's a really basic toy so not at all interesting.
Also now I'm tired so are kids, dh has work at 7 tomorrow we just want to curl up on the sofa and watch tv but of course they are still here.
I've just fed them soup and crusty bread and said ill eat later when I can relax later ie time to fuck off!!
Mil is pretending to help out it's as if they just can't bear to leave and go home.
It's a shame as it does spoil the visit and ruins any chance we have of relaxing before bed.

wigglesrock Sun 05-May-13 19:30:58

ledkr Christ they're still there shock You're a better woman than me! Maybe you and dh should indulge in some heavy petting smile give them a hint!

blizy did you get rid of much?

americanexpat how are you feeling now? x

Quiet enough few days here, Mr W worked all weekend but is off tomorrow. My parents are in Italy and my pils are in Majorca (that's my feckin' inheritance they're spending grin ) so we've just lay about for the last couple of days - it's been lovely.

The G8 is being held here in June and Mr W finally had the nerve to show me his work hours for June shock

Hope the weather holds, I actually bought suncream today and we're heading to the zoo in the morning, so it will probably piss down from about midnight!

blizy Sun 05-May-13 19:38:06

4 bags full wiggles, all stuff that is too big for me now, I feel a shopping trip coming on! Sun cream? We've had nothing but bloody rain!

Ledkr, hope the pils are on there way home soon!

Ledkr Sun 05-May-13 21:03:14

They've gone now. I actually feel sorry for them when they overstay because its a bit uncomfortable and obvious we've had enough.
Open air pool is up and running.
The girls have been in loads already and it's not even that hot.
I've got my season ticket now so can go when I like even just for an hour.
I plan to make the most of it.
D is happy if she's out and about especially in water I also thought she'd sleep better if she's worn out.

Reastie Mon 06-May-13 14:07:48

Ohh blizy 4 bags of clothes that are too big? I'm sensing some weight loss grin Well done, and great excuse for a shopping trip

ledkr glad you survived the PIL but hmm to them never leaving. Enjoy the swim. Was going to take Alice swimming today but I'm too lazy but we're lounging around at home instead.

Wiggles how was the zoo?

American hope you're feeling better?

blizy Mon 06-May-13 14:29:55

Yip reastie, 2 dress sizes smaller! I have been following the 5:2 diet, I love it. I seen your idea of lounging on FB, do you rent Alice out, I could do with a mini cleaner. grin

I'm having a relaxing day too, I'm watching dexter in my pj's. dh is home this evening, he is at a friends stag doo in magaluf this weekend.

Wiggs, did you get a fair trade in price at the zoo?

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Reastie Mon 06-May-13 14:35:24

blizy I'll swap you the cleaning powers of Alice with the cleaning powers of Alfie cat for the day wink . Wowsers on the 2 dress sizes - that's fab. How long did it take you to do that? I could never do the 5:2 - I don't have will power enough for the fast days, the other 5 would be no problem though grin

blizy - well done, I love that feeling of cleaning the wardrobe and making space to go shopping.

reastie - I'm very impressed at Alice's hoovering abilities. grin

ledkr - your PILs are very strange. hmm I can't imagine staying at someone's house when they're very strongly hinting we should leave. Are they thick? confused

DH slung a blanket over L's window [classy] and he's back to sleeping normally now thank god. His new bedroom will definitely have blackout blinds, esp as it's south-facing.

blizy Mon 06-May-13 16:04:51

Ha ha reastie, done deal! You will have a lovely clean bath and my carpets will be fluff free. I've been on the diet since end of Jan with a couple of breaks. I find it really easy, just keep myself busy during fast days.

Emski76 Mon 06-May-13 19:27:34

Hi all. Its me!!!!
I can't remember all that has been said so but I'll try my best.
Blizy, wow to the weight loss!! What kind of food are you eating on your fasting days, and what days do you do them? I am slowing but surely getting bigger and now I'm uncomfortable in my own skin. I hate it!!
American, Noah had blankets stuck all round his window and sheets over the top his curtains until only a few months ago. I think his early morning wakings (usually 6ish), as the sun beams through his window and our bedroom window first thing and I find even I wake with a start!!
Ledkr, your Pil's make me glad for my pil's!!
It was my birthday Friday so I've had lots of fun this weekend. Dh was away from Weds last week and didn;t get back until Friday night, so Noah and I went for cake with a friend Friday, we had fish and chips on the beach on Thursday eve with another friend. Three of us girlies went to Marco Pierre Whites restaurant Sat night which was lovely. The husbands were meant to come but unfortunately I poisoned mine with gone off meatballs!!!

Blizy, I love Dexter. I've recently watched the last series. Its brilliant isn't it. I;ve been reading the True Blood series so DH is going to get the tv show for me. I just love US tv!

Wiggles, how was the zoo?

Ponyo, hope your ok. Glad the Cruze appointment went ok.

I'd better go, Noah is waiting for me to sing to him and rub his back. It really chills him out at bedtime.

blizy Mon 06-May-13 20:18:58

Hi emski, on fat days I eat a veg stirfry or soup with a muller light yog afterwards. On normal days I just eat normally but healthy.
I love true blood, I heart Eric, so sexy! I just startded on dexter this weeken and watche the whole first series! Glad you had a good birthday.

wigglesrock Mon 06-May-13 20:31:48

blizy well done on the 2 dress sizes smile. I've been doing it over the past 2 weeks and I tried on a pair of trousers yesterday that I bought last week and they're already much looser. I'm a desperate self sabotager when it comes to healthy eating/ weight loss - hopefully this time it'll stick or not stick if you know what I mean smile

Mr W and I are going away for a few days in October and I would like to be a lot lighter by them. Hopefully slow and steady will do the trick wink

emski glad you enjoyed your birthday. Won't ask about the food poisoning smile

Zoo was fab, rain stayed away and we went early to avoid the massive queue that developed. Mr W and I were just saying how older Anna seemed today. She walked the whole way round - our zoo is cut into a feckin' mountain - it's not for the faint hearted grin She also didn't run away from us, held hands etc which is really not like her blush Although I think Mr W was getting a bit weary of the "what animal next Daddy?" every 3 mins. She loved the big cats - not one for the cutesy fluffy animals.

wigglesrock Mon 06-May-13 20:50:01

Sofia is upstairs in bed listening to the I-pod shock. When did my eldest get to be so old? wink

Emski - your birthday sounds lovely. Confess, was the poisoning intentional so you could have a girls night out? grin

wiggles - shock at not running away. L is a runner-offer - well, for about 5 minutes then he wants to be carried the rest of the time. hmm Good luck with the weight loss, I start with good intentions then it goes downhill when I get hungry.

L cracked me up at the weekend. I made a comment about he and DH having matching shirts, he gave a crazy laugh, shook his head and said, "So silly, mommy." grin

The weather is gorgeous today but I'm trapped in my basement dungeon office. angry L and I are having a picnic at the park after work as DH has something else on.

ILovePonyo Tue 07-May-13 21:37:00

Hi all,

emski Happy birthday, sounds like a fab weekend. Aww to you having to sing to N and rub his back, sweet smile

blizy well done, yes get a shopping trip planned to reward yourself!

wiggles all your girls look so grown up on fb photos! I'm impressed with Anna walking around the zoo, A is a limpet and likes to be carried hmm

American boo to stuffy offices, but a picnic sounds great. We've been out in the garden loads since the pil came and helped do it up, I really appreciate having it now, I didn't before blush

ledkr you survived! confused at your fil and the peppa toy, strange. How is d sleeping?

Took A to the docs this morning, he said low blood sugar is unlikely/unusual so wanted to get a urine sample to check for anything there. Now I just need to get the sample... A has not woken up shaky since last week but woke up from her nap at nursery last Fri shaking.

In other news, A has started saying "oh fuckin 'ell" in a very flat nottingham accent blush blush She said it in the bath when she was trying to open a bottle, then when she was trying to climb into her car seat this morning. I ignored but if she says it again will have to tell her not to say it. Also, it was really hard not to laugh grin blush dp and I have been much more mindful of our swearing, we're not super sweary either honest!
Anyway theres my parent of the week story wink

Emski76 Wed 08-May-13 12:54:15

Ponyo, and I thought we were bad when Noah said 'For Christ Sake' twice last week, and also Jesus that's big!!! Whoops. Good parent awards heading our way!!!
Hopefully A is getting better. How do you get a urine sample from a baby in a nappy??

American, I actually fed the meatballs to all of us but only Ben and dh got ill. I guess Noah and I are made of stronger stuff!! We put a blanket over the top of Noah's curtains last night and guess what.....he slept until 7, which meant Ben slept later cos there wasn't a Noah waking him up by running around the house shouting!!

Yah to bank holidays, only two days at work for me this week, and today I finish at 3, and don't have to get Ben until 4 as he is at after school club!! I get a whole hour to myself. Will I do the washing, cook, or clean the house?.....nope I shall sit on my arse and read my book!!

Catch you all later, best get back to work

Ponyo - I had L out with his tricycle last week and he insisted on doing up his helmet on his own. He struggled for a while then said, "Fuck!" in a very exasperated tone. shock I blame DH - he certainly didn't pick it up from me!

Emski - enjoy your book!

Reastie Wed 08-May-13 18:35:48

grin to all this bad language. I'm very careful with my tongue [smug] but DH is less so so we'll see what Alice comes out with. She's very good at tutting loudly when something goes wrong!

Ems yay at having a short work week. Monday is my day off so it's same old same old as DH works bank hols sad

OK, I know I'm being a moaner no change there then and this really is nothing but getting a bit <sigh> fed up with PIL as when they look after Alice every week when I'm working (yes, I'm very grateful for the couple of hours they help out, I'm very lucky etc) they always leave the playroom a mess and toys over the house etc. This week there were also loads of stuff left in the garden too and last week all her lunch mess was still on the table and the week before huge mud marks on the hall carpet. It's just when I've left everything tidied away I find it a bit depressing to come home and have to clean up toys which I haven't played with with ALice IYKWIM. I feel bad complaining about this but it's just ironic as MIL is so obsessively clean and tidy in her house she'd never accept it there, but she's fine with leaving it here hmm . Just needed to get that off my chest!

american hope you enjoyed the picnic

Wiggles good luck on the weight loss. Slow and steady is a good tactic. envy at Anna walking everywhere. Alice too joins the club of walking about 5 meters and then insisting on being carried everywhere.

blizy I watched dexter season 1 and I just didn't enjoy it shock but I think I'm in a minority!

Well, I'm officially old. Did my hair for work with nice hair clips and when I was washing my hands in the work loo looked in the mirror and LOADS of grey hairs on show where my hair was tied up sad . Getting really obvious now. When did I get all grown up?! CBA to dye my hair but there's no way I'm going grey gracefully so I guess I'll have to.

reastie - I think if you posted that in AIBU, you'd get a thread full of YABUs. I think YANBU to think it'd be nice to come home to a tidy house though, but I don't know if you can bring it up to MIL without sounding ungrateful. Is it possible she's busy with Alice and never quite gets around to it? That's why our kitchen tends to look like a bomb site.

L does a very good impression of me with an "ugh" sound whenever something goes wrong. Also, he looks at the mess he's made and says, "Oh good god." grin

wigglesrock Wed 08-May-13 22:10:44

We caught Anna saying "Jesus" under her breath with an accompanying eye roll - she's Mr W all over smile

reastie ah the dreaded grey hair, I'm continuing to colour mine until I'm 45 then getting it cut even shorter and just letting the grey come out. I have actually spend an inordinate amount of time deciding this wink

Anna is still a bit of a bolter but it is improving slowly

Sofia is making her first Communion soon and she has gone into pious overdrive - and much as I love her, her constant practising of hymns is very slowly sending me over the edge. Amaaaazing Graaaace will be the death of me blush

Mr W is beside himself with excitement at the Apprentice being back - as we all know I can't watch "real" people on tv, I'm just so scundered for them all.

emski reading anything good?

Reastie Thu 09-May-13 06:16:26

american I'm not going to bring it up with MIL and would never do it on AIBU <chicken>, that's why I'm getting my annoyance out on here and I realise IA quite possibly BU but I don't care, I needed to moan ! Thing is it's MIL and FIL there together so there's 2 of them to help... Like I say, if PIL were messy people I'd accept it but the fact they are so so fussy at their home hmm

wiggles love the fact you've decided when to stop dying your hair! grin to amazing grace

Emski76 Thu 09-May-13 07:03:43

Hi all
Reastie, I can understand ur frustration. My in laws have Noah every Tuesday and leave the playroom in a mess which slightly riles me but they always clear up the lunch plates, mil washes our breakfast stuff too. I would be annoyed that they couldnt even clean up the lunch things but wouldnt say anything. Rant away on here, thats what mumsnet is for.
At bedtime last night Noah was randemly sick. It went everywhere! Dh thinks he put his fingers too far into his mouth and accidently made himself sick. I havent fed him gone off meatballs, honest!!
Wiggles, Im currently reading the True Blood series. Its very good, a bit sexy at times tho and ive had 2 nightmares about vampired since i started reading it!
I love hearing stories about your girls. They sound so lovely.

Ladies i have to ask you does the need for another baby ever go away? My head tells me never to do ir again after i was ill with pnd after Noah but my heart says do it!!

blizy Thu 09-May-13 07:29:46

Oops at the swearing babies grin.
Reastie, rant away, that's what we ar here for.

Wigs, grin at S and her hymn singing.

I have the true blood books, but I couldn't get into them. I'd much rather watch it on tv.
I have some good news, i have a new baby mindee starting next thurs. he is only one day a week, but it's better than nothing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now