Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 12 - 6 Months already?? Where has the time gone?

(318 Posts)
Thechick Tue 19-Mar-13 06:16:21
Cavatina Sun 02-Jun-13 05:39:29

wound sounds like the virus babyCava had recently, no coughing or anything else just temperature and feeling poorly, she was also off her food so I just bf her and gave calpol and nurofen. She turned a corner on day three. Hope you got through the night ok.
BabyCava slept from 7.30 to 5am, woke up once at 11ish had some water and back to sleep, feeding her now and hoping for some more sleep, or shall I start packing...flight tomorrow getting a bit stressed...

Thechick Sun 02-Jun-13 06:25:30

Cava I'm on the Nov thread. I was due 18 Nov and was part of it from antenatal and my bfp. It's hard keeping up so I look at both this one and dip in and out of that one. I think I was the 3rd or 4th (with Donna, our babies were born on the same day) Nov baby born and that was 7th Oct so there are def more Oct babies on the Nov thread. H is much better now. He was really ill for a while, I got quite worried. But his cough is so so much better and he's only a little bit snotty. He's on his second lot of antibiotics in 3 weeks which is not good but hopefully this will be it.
He slept from 9 till 4.30, had a quick feed and is now still sleeping. Need to try and remember what I did yesterday to try and repeat it today. I'm off to the park today, yay!!

woundbobbin Mon 03-Jun-13 20:52:34

Must have been that virus cava she has been in a hellish mood most of the day crying her eyes out then randomly she just got better in the bath of all places.
I'm a bit worried she might be a bit dry maybe she has a headache it's so hard to get fluid into her she hates the sippy cup but only has 3 bf a day I'm bad with the warm weather I don't really feel the heat so rarely don't wrap up so I've been wrapping dd up as well worried I'm boiling her a bit. Anyway she is asleep now so long may that continue.
Hope everyone is well grin

woundbobbin Tue 04-Jun-13 08:41:34

CAVA I have a confession
I had a dream about you last night - we met in a very busy park it was sunny and you were a middle aged man with a fedora hat (sorry) grin

Cavatina Tue 04-Jun-13 22:30:46

hahaha wound I had a fedora hat when I was a (art) student, many moons ago..... can assure you am not a middle aged man! more a middle aged woman hehehe...hope lo is feeling much better/
Am enjoying the sun and having way too much steak and bubbly, you've got to love the vie francaise!
BabyCava has been a supertot, really enjoyed the whole gatwick south experience and the flight was ok too, it was worth timing it to fit around her routine tbh..She is now sleeping in her own room and although a bit unsettled, is doing much better than expected (woke up at 6am for a feed and then slept until 9..).
chick yes Nov ladies a very nice bunch.
running hope you are getting some sleep.
Hope everyone is enjoying the sunny spell
Checking out now as internet running out.

lisbethsopposite Thu 06-Jun-13 00:17:12

Marking spot. I'll be back...

woundbobbin Thu 06-Jun-13 13:43:00

Hello lovely ladies whilst its quiet I was wondering if I could pick your brains with a quick fire round of questions

1. What dc related item has been your best buy

2. As above but worse buy

3. What toy does your dc most enjoy playing with

4. Are you in a rear facing or forward facing car seat

5. How many milk feeds are you giving in a 24 hr period

6. Is your DC rolling/ sitting/ crawling /walking

7. How many teeth does your DC have

8. What is your dc's favourite food

9. Are you back in work if not when

10. Are you going to have another one?

Just being nosy really no need to answer if you don't want to grin

woundbobbin Thu 06-Jun-13 13:51:12

I'm going to answer because dd is sleeping & I'm watching the tennis cos I'm to lazy to do anything else.

1. Sun shade for the pram dd hates the sun in her eyes was spending a lot of time pushing the pram and carrying her before I got the parasol.

2. The pram - it was a gift from MIL - I was so shocked that she offered to buy something that i panicked and picked the 1st one i saw very stupid decision in hindsight.

3. Hide & squeak eggs & stacking cups.

4. Rear facing

5. 3 feeds between 7am 7pm varies overnight

6. Rolling & sitting not crawling / walking

7. None

8. Cheese avocado yoghurt strawberries

9. Not yet start date is September 2nd.

10. Yes but not yet.

grin

Donnadoon Thu 06-Jun-13 18:26:25

hi all ok ill answer too smile
1. Ikea high chair £16
2. Bouncer from the market that didnt work (swing and sing)
3. Sophie the Giraffe
4. Rear facing
5. 3 bottles and odd breast feed
6. rolling and sitting
7. no teeth yet either
8. petit filou yoghurts
9. not going back yet
10. yes hopefully
grin

RunningOutOfIdeas Fri 07-Jun-13 14:59:06

Hello All. I haven't been around much lately - too tired. DD2 still isn't sleeping every night. Sometimes she does and then we have nights when she thinks 2am is party time. Then on Tuesday she threw up at nursery and had a high temperature. So I have had her at home with me for the last 2 days.

Tonight I am taking both DDs camping. DH is away working. There will be lots of friends there who will hopefully help me, but they all have their own children. It seemed such a good idea when I agreed to it but now I suspect I must be completely mad.

Maclaren Techno XT pushchair - bought for DD1 and still going strong.

Most bath toys - found with DD1 that water gets into them and gradually they get black gunk in them that is impossible to clean.

DD2 is obsessed with a book - 'Thats not my reindeer'

Rear facing

4 usually, occasionally 5

Rolling, but often gets her arm stuck. Sitting with support.

Strawberry and apple puree

Went back in May

No

Thechick Sat 08-Jun-13 09:40:17

Ewan the sheep, it has definitely helped with sleeping and we were given a big aden and anais muslin

2.5 tog sleeping bags, our house is always way too warm

These ball things from elc

Rear facing

It changes every day, I'm bf on demand, maybe between 5 and 12

H is rolling and can sit for a little while. He can shuffle also but slowly

H has two teeth and top one is coming

Loves strawberries

September 23rd

I would love to have another one but dh not too sure. We can't really afford it so we are going to talk about it in a years time

Just being nosy really no need to answer if you don't want to

lisbethsopposite Sun 09-Jun-13 13:25:07

Hi all, I haven't been here in ages. I have 2. DS1 is 2yrs 9mo and DS2 was born on September 24 (EDD Oct. 5). Both are asleep right now!! This is my quality time.

Skin cream as baby has eczema. I use a combination of epaderm and a 1% hydracortisone. We bought very little equipment this time - I love to put baby in hi chair and grate some cheese onto the tray. He'll be happy there while I can crack on with dinner.

I have lots of shorts and t-shirt outfits for the summer but he scratches his exposed flesh raw and bleeding so it is easier to keep him in onesies.
I use 2.5 tog sleeping bags all the time here is Ireland, sometimes with a blanket on top! in Winter.

He will play with a baloon for AGES but I always keep a close eye. I've been warned they can be very dangerous (choking).

Rear facing isofix.

2-5 bf during day, nothing from 8pm to 7am.

Sitting yes. rolling to sides. No and no.

6! 2 below, 4 above.

likes cheese but eats anything that is not too cold.

No. Mid August

NO! (A little sad, but we are too old.)

woundbobbin Wed 12-Jun-13 21:02:00

I had that health visitor visit today. It was fine she was just doing a development check says I don't need to see her till the 13mth vaccinations now.
Her advice re the sleep was to increase food in the day she recommended 4 meals instead of three so I'm going to give that a go and hopefully drop the 3/4pm milk feed which will be a relief as was worried re how id manage going back to work if she still needed milk in the day!
Hope everyone is ok. grin

woundbobbin Wed 19-Jun-13 19:51:52

So I killed the thread! hmm
Is everyone ok?? Are you all asleep?

Thechick Thu 20-Jun-13 04:35:30

I think we need to recruit more people.

Thechick Thu 20-Jun-13 04:38:21

We are good. H was in contact with chicken pox last week and we are flying tomorrow so fingers crossed he hasn't got it. He's sleeping better, one wake up mostly. I'm good, a little stressed and overwhelmed trying to get ready for this trip, but really looking forward to it.

Cavatina Mon 24-Jun-13 15:36:08

helloo! have not had time to check in, am back from the trip and overwhelmed with a lot going on in RL..

wound glad hv visit was ok, how often do you bf now? I do 4 although pead recommended 3..
chick hope trip goes well, I was a bit nervous about flying but it was ok, it pays off to get to airport early though..(also our flight only 1.5h..)
babyCava has two teeth now and using then so bf is challenging presently...but sleeping still excellent. She os trying to move by various means and we are starting work on the extention so not much spce for crawing, will have to camp at the children centre hahaha! Feeding getting a bit boring now, and long and messy... strugling for ideas for bfast, what doyou give? Also have not given egg yet, not sure what to try as I hate hard boiled eggs..
tooth extraction tomorrow ouch! not looking forward to it!
will come back later todayto post answers to wound questions as babyCava just woke up (only 45min hm...)
hope everyone is well!

Cavatina Mon 24-Jun-13 22:18:57

ok better lat than never

The bednest although it was a present grin

a second hand pram from a shameless "friend" 80quit and could not go in a straight line..

labels on toys, clothes, towels.. not sure why I bother buying anything..

rear

rolling, sitting and about to crawl

2!

yoghurt

due end of September but thinking of taking additional few weeks

no way!
This was fun, thank you sound

Cavatina Mon 24-Jun-13 22:19:25

wound of course

turnwest Tue 25-Jun-13 18:37:54

Hi everyone , I m still here too!

1. Our i candy pram, it's been brilliant and the only thing Ds will nap in, in the day.

2. Magic stargazer mat thingy from mamas and papas, he a never been interested in it much

3. The cupboard doors, if I m holding him he loves to open and shut them.

4. Rear

5. 5

6 rolling, sitting, crawling not walking

7 2

8 tomatoes.

9 no, I ve quit work!

10. I m thinking of starting to try for a third baby soon, I m probably bonkers but I m not a spring chicken and really would like a third.

wound did increasing food in the daytime help? Our Ds wakes up starving every night around 3 ish, wondering whether to increase food in day.

woundbobbin Tue 25-Jun-13 22:06:06

Increasing food in the day has made no difference to the sleep but I now only give milk feeds at 8am 6pm & 8pm (& all night long) which means I can happily leave dd for the working day which is good because my KIT days start soon!
Sleep is awful - dd has been ill (again) dh also ill there is a plague upon our household. Downside to reducing milk in the day is that dd refuses it at night sometimes & we are spending hours rocking her to sleep which is knackering upside is I can wear a proper bra again grin

Donnadoon Wed 26-Jun-13 17:24:12

Hola everyone ...How was the trip chick or are you still there? I hope H avoided the pox
Cava How was the tooth extraction...I had one at 33wks pg..it was horrendous
Sorry to hear of your sleeping trouble wound ...it will pass eventually I promise smile
<Waves to everyone else>

Cavatina Wed 26-Jun-13 19:34:32

helloo lovelies,
donna thank you for asking, well, dentist trully a magician, took him 30sec to take it out, then offered it to me to keep(aparently it makes their life easier if I take it as otherwise have to follow procedure for disposing of body parts, well tis my third wisdom tooth extraction no one else offered hmm. He also phoned to check how I am this pm, I am really impressed.
it does hurt a lot so om paracetamol but a bit miffed at contradictory advice re: painkillers and bf, also dentist told me am only allowed paracitamol, whereas post sc was offered pretty much everything legal shock despite milk coming 24h postb. Go figure...
BabyCava a bit poorly, runny nose and a but of a cough, hope it will not turn serious. DS has had a cold and makes her jump every time he blows his (magnificent) nose grin
wound I used to rock in bfeading chair, it is by far the ugliest babyrelated ebay purchase but great for feeding and rocking saves your back.
hope eeryone is having a nice evening

woundbobbin Wed 26-Jun-13 19:45:29

Hi everyone
Glad the tooth ok cava - I had a tooth that hadn't come through removed under GA as a teen when I came round I demanded to keep it (was high on morphine) still got it should really throw it out!
Donna - I keep telling myself it will pass and one day she will sleep but becoming increasingly nervous by people asking me what I plan to 'do' about it and the sleep board on here is full of mothers of children much older than dd who don't sleep so I worry it will go on for a few years and I was hoping to have another one in a few years dunno when I'd get chance to conceive and 5/6 years without sleep is quite a scary prospect!

Donnadoon Wed 26-Jun-13 20:35:56

Glad to hear that cava you must give me his number grin mine should have been struck off! Because apart from it taking 40 mins because it broke mid extraction and had to be 'dug' out and being told to take either ibrufen or paracetamol ( I didn't know taking ibrufen in 3rd trimester was dangerous) I then developed 'dry socket' and took ibrufen for a couple of weeks and then when i realized my midwife sent me for a scan to check everything was ok(it was) but dd arrived early at 36wks+3 and I often wonder if this was why.
I've never visited the sleep boards wound sorry I'm sure they are extreme cases though so try not to panic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now