Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

November 2012 - Will the Easter Bunny visit our babies?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 18-Mar-13 08:40:32

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1707618-November-2012-The-thread-where-it-all-starts-to-get-easier-Pretty-please

Sophiathesnowfairy Tue 19-Mar-13 14:13:02

Thanks VQ after planting the seed the other day, yesterday I asked him to consider it fully and I got a grunt (type= receptive) so that was positive. I just wanted to see if I could get the ball rolling on a sterilisation to see what the response was. I am still happy to go ahead but obviously if DH grunts (type= affirmative) then I can always cancel it.

Hope things go ok at the paeds pr xx

Sophiathesnowfairy Tue 19-Mar-13 14:13:40

I am also pleased that I have actually been listened to.

Right, off to get my no bleeding drugs.

StuntNun Tue 19-Mar-13 14:15:53

<Gets confused and hugs PR with the quiche mackerel> You will manage PR, because you're a mum and you're a star. Today is an extraordinarily bad day by anyone's standards, there won't be many like that. If it's any comfort, my dog ate all the blue tits my cat killed and it was still only the second most disgusting thing she's ever eaten. Don't expect too much of yourself today and you can pick things up tomorrow.

In waiting room for little J's third jabs <sob>. HV didn't have much clue about his problems, mum (also a HV) keeps banging on about weaning but did have a look at his nappy and noticed TMI bits of undigested curdled milk in the diarrhoea /TMI. She thinks it could be a virus. I have drastically cut down on the dairy today so we'll see whether that makes any difference.

Just to cheat you up / make you jealous I won a £50 voucher for a MN survey I did a while back apparently, I have no memory of this! Mum backhanded compliment giver extraordinaire said maybe I could buy some nice make up from Boots. Yes cos I have lots of nice places to go and time to apply makeup.

StuntNun Tue 19-Mar-13 14:16:49

*Cheer you up

ChunkyEasterChick Tue 19-Mar-13 14:28:11

PR sounds like a Bad Day.((hugs)) And it might be worth leaving the potty training for a bit. Remember my DD will be 3 nxt mth, so I left it quite a while. When I thought she was ready in the summer, she asked for nappies again, & promptly did a poo. Apparently that's "normal" I was not aware of such an issue but I didn't want to push it. However, whilst day 1 was VERY tricky and day 2 was awkward due to a birthday party so in pull-ups, she was actually using the potty properly by day 3/Sunday evening, and although she has asked for a nappy for naps, its not to do a poo in iyswim, its just a reassurance thing I think so heartless cow that I am says "No. No nappies during the day now. You're a big girl." And that was it. So shoot me wink and today, no accidents so far & 3 independent, sitting herself on potty, no prompting wees. All I'm saying is, you've got a lot on your plate, she's only just turned 2 & unless she's the one asking to do & being in the driving seat on this, you could leave it until the summer, when clothes are fewer & dry quicker. Remember, you can put a child on a potty, but you can't make them pee.... This is all said w/out a hint of judgement, just gentle advice to give yourself a break & make life easier for yourself & the general only do things you HAVE to do when you have a couple of LOs type vibe

BigPigLittlePig Tue 19-Mar-13 15:32:40

pr I'm glad you're getting her checked over - she's obviously in pain from something, better to make sure there's nothing else going on, even if it does mean visiting the doctor again!

F excelled herself at baby group by doing a huge, outfit-destroying poonami for all to see and hear and smell too

LuisGarcia Tue 19-Mar-13 15:38:19

Bryzoan and Glenda We use makaton. Praise be to Mr Tumble. I think you can start at any age as long as you use it as a supplement to talking to them not a replacement. They'll respond when they're ready. J got the idea within about 4 days but then he was 2.2 when we started.

Kyz this was the link from Detective for the neoprene wrap from my huge list of links for anything I think might be remotely useful

PetiteRaleuse Tue 19-Mar-13 15:43:07

Thanks all smile

DD1 behaved brilliantly at the paed's - she's terrified of drs and nurses since her trip to the hospital so was expecting her to play up. She's showing signs of being ready to toilet train but won't put pressure on either of us. She goes and sits on it fully clothed of her own accord, and tells me when she is doing something in her nappy.

LO had her ear gunk removed but no sign of infection. I asked how to clean baby ears in future and she said DON'T. So glad I didn't. She has a red throat but that could be from so much bawling or just post cold. And her teeth aren't about to come through but it could be that. Keep going til Friday and if no improvement go back. Feeling reassured but wondering how long teething can last...

Came back to no cat or dog vom. Miracle. Glad I have a cheapo wipe clean faux leather childproof and animal proof sofa though.

Feeling better, thanks for your hugs/slaps. The paed was very reassuring too. Stunt not sure I should ask but what was the most disgusting thing?

Pikz Tue 19-Mar-13 15:46:26

Huge hug PR. you may start sweary Wednesday early

Stunt tell her when she babysits you can go out!

PetiteRaleuse Tue 19-Mar-13 15:51:48

Thanks, I will do just that. I am so sick of cunting crappy illnesses and general bollocks. My fucking pets can go and do one. The dog is currently making a massive noise in the garden with squeaky toys. Seems very bouncy after all his puking. Twat. And note to the blackbirds currently making a nest in a bush in the garden? Not a good idea. I know now why they say bird brain. The cat is literally sat there watching them. I hate cats. I loved mine when they were indoor cats and just hunted spiders. Now they are bird and mouse killing bastards.

ChasingDaisy Tue 19-Mar-13 16:05:06

O has just gone with MIL sad First time ever without mummy or daddy. Only a 5 min car journey but still feel awful. And He is now about to take him into work to show him off. That was something I was going to do sad. (I used to work for the same company)

PetiteRaleuse Tue 19-Mar-13 16:17:26

That must be hard Chasing but a good opportunity to look after yourself for a little while. You're doing really well.

ValiumQueen Tue 19-Mar-13 16:18:35

chasing he gets to show baby off today, you get to raise him. Do not get things out of perspective. It will be good for him bonding with O. Try to enjoy the free time. I know it is hard x

ChasingDaisy Tue 19-Mar-13 16:19:59

Looking after myself is currently consisting of sobbing on the sofa. Need to go and buy food but have no motivation whatsoever.

StuntNun Tue 19-Mar-13 16:20:14

Cat poo PR confused <- disgusted face

BigPigLittlePig Tue 19-Mar-13 16:25:36

Our neighbours dog used to get into our garden and eat the cat poo.
Also once got into our kitchen with the litter tray.
I didn't let it lick me again after that.

Sophiathesnowfairy Tue 19-Mar-13 16:35:38

Whoop whoop chasing be off with you to the spa for some high calorie tat. Have a bath. Eat the tat. Keep busy, he will be home before you know it. Xxxxxxxxx

PetiteRaleuse Tue 19-Mar-13 16:36:58

I didn't know dogs ate cat poo until one Sunday morning when my dog was a puppy he came and woke me up with a very smelly slobbery lick. There has been a baby gate on the loo (where the litter is) ever since.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 19-Mar-13 16:37:36

Apparently cat poo is a real treat for dogs, like choclate for us. <brings up everyone's lunch>

Kyzordz Tue 19-Mar-13 16:47:25

Thankyou misslaughalot smile

Hope she's back to her usual self soon pr

chasing hugs, try and get something done whilst o is out if you can, it may make you feel better

ChasingDaisy Tue 19-Mar-13 16:48:39

Bought myself dinner and a cream egg. Have now gone off idea of chocolate....thanks PR grin

How are you feeling now btw?

PetiteRaleuse Tue 19-Mar-13 17:00:04

I'm OK. LO screaming here and Dd1 emptying out the dvds... I'm just shutting out the noise and giving reassuring pats from time to time.

YellowWellies Tue 19-Mar-13 17:00:24

We used to take my old housemate's dog Poppet, for walks on port meadow in Oxford. There's cattle grazing on the pasture and the dog would go nuts for their shit. Have fond memories of said housemate chasing after the dog yelling 'Poppet IT'S NOT A FUCKING BUFFET' grin

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Tue 19-Mar-13 17:41:39

Need to catch up properly but posting quickly to say that I did a KIT day and DH stayed at home with the DC on his own all day for the first time. He did really well, but was reverent with praise for me doing as much as I do usually! Nice to be appreciated. grin

Will catch up now!

This thread is not accepting new messages.