Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Aptimil causing constipation, should I change formula? If so, to what??

(7 Posts)
Damash12 Tue 12-Mar-13 13:14:43

Hi after breast feeding for 7 weeks I have now switched to formula. I chose Apatamil as my first son had this and we never had a problem plus I believed it to be the best but my Ds is really struggling and in quite a bit of pain until he does his poo. I think I have heard Aparamil can cause constipation so what formula does anyone recommend I switch too?

MajaBiene Tue 12-Mar-13 13:16:47

Try any one, and see how it goes.

Damash12 Tue 12-Mar-13 18:27:41

Erm any other recommendations of a specific brand?

MajaBiene Tue 12-Mar-13 18:36:28

How can anyone tell you which specific brand will suit your baby confused

Flisspaps Tue 12-Mar-13 18:39:41

You may think Maja is being chippy, but honestly, it's just trial and error - each one will have a slightly different effect on each baby.

monkeysbignuts Tue 12-Mar-13 18:39:42

Aptimil and cow and gate are basically the same (same ingredients and same company) so try something other than them two.
I have been told hipp organic is a gentle formula but never used it myself.

minicc Tue 12-Mar-13 18:45:45

I had the same problem, Sma gold was better for my daughter. Just see which one is stocked in your local shop and go from there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now