Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Small favours

(1 Post)
Lia1977 Mon 11-Mar-13 14:55:17

I am a regular user of Mumsnet and as I need input from other parents, I thought that this would be a good way to get your views.
I am completing a Masters in Anthropology and trying to do some research about Reciprocity (responding to a positive action with another positive action, rewarding kind actions, small favours can produce a sense of obligation to a larger (or not) return favours).
I am focusing on Play areas and I wonder if you have any stories that could help me. For example, have any of you have made friends with other parents/ carers through taking your little ones to play at the same play area? Even if these relationships don’t spill outside the paly areas, is there any aspect of reciprocity while in the pay area? Do adults look for each other’s children? Do adults exchange advice?
Please ladies, any input would be appreciated!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now