Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

March 2013- here we go....

(984 Posts)
Oodsigma Sun 10-Mar-13 09:37:39

Welcome old & new to the other side!

I'll start with a stats list!

Ood -ds 7/3/13, dc4! Elcs

If anyone wants to add any more details feel free!

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 07-May-13 20:54:42

Thanks smile I'm going to see if there is a sling library visit at a baby group I was thinking of trying out on Thursday as I have tried slings before (as opposed to a more structured carrier like the bb) and totally failed to get DS in a good position (baba sling) or get the sling tight enough for me to think they were secure (mei tei and others). confused

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 07-May-13 20:56:20

Plonko so glad you've have some quality time with your DH. But yes, bin the bloody laptop!

SoYo Tue 07-May-13 21:20:36

3 feeds in last 90 mins & is sucking on her hand again. What a chubber! Also no signs of sleep....

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 07-May-13 21:38:15

Well DD did her usual cluster feeds from 5ish but has been zonked out on my arm for the last hour confused I think I'll wake her at 10 for a change and a feed if she does wake before then. Hope yours goes down soon SoYo.

Who has got the oldest baby? Can they please start the next thread? Is it you SoYo? smile

ecofreckle Tue 07-May-13 21:38:31

Plonko hello. Hot weather is a contrast to the snow of four weeks ago eh? We've gone wild and ditched the over night vest so dd just in sleep suit and sheet swaddle. Her chin, sides of cheek and neck are really disfigured with heat rash spots. I think from the car seat. You know when their heads lol over and all the sweat gathers for parties in their nook and cranny areas.
I am literally falling to sleep in bath as I type so I'd best get this phone out of the danger zone before I drop it.

SoYo Tue 07-May-13 21:56:27

Wing that's done. Think I am the first of all the ones left chatting regularly.

new thread

I've for the second night running gone for just vest & her usual 2.5 tog GroBag but the room does feel hot tonight. Think I'll just open the windw a bit wider & hope she's not too hot. Her chest doesn't feel hot. What do you think?

WingDefence Netherlands Tue 07-May-13 22:19:12

Great SoYo thanks

Have you got a room thermometer? You can get free paper ones and we have a couple. We'll leave DD just in a short sleeve vest, swaddled and then a cellular blanket tucked around her to keep the swaddle more in place.

I woke DD up at 10 and she's having a munch now after changing her. Not sure how long she'll last though!

plonko Tue 07-May-13 22:52:12

Wing it's been lovely to have some family time. I've even baked a cake and done all the ironing. My inner feminist is disgusted but at least I feel fairly on top of things in the house. Oh and wrt slings - we use a Connecta and I've found it really comfy and secure. It's soft structured so it holds baby very close, but the buckles make it quick to put on and adjust.

SoYo how's the evening going? Any rest for you yet?

DS is sleeping in a just a vest with a sheet over him. He hates being swaddled and according to the monitor our room is 24 degrees. Really ought to invest in a fan. Eco the heat rash sounds uncomfortable, hopefully it'll go down overnight though. Is LO bothered by it?

Ooh new thread! Best go mark my place...

StormyBrid Wed 08-May-13 06:53:10

I may have to investigate a connecta - the man is scared of the mei tai because he doesn't trust his own knots. I tried to explain the purpose of knots, ie tied properly they get tighter when you tug on them, but he wasn't convinced.

We're generally on just a vest in the swaddle at the moment, with one thin blanket over the top. She seems okay with it, doesn't wake up sweaty.

plonko tell your bloke I am dead jealous. Been craving a game of Civ for weeks, but just haven't had the time!

Have told the man he needs to pick a weekend morning to have special daddy daughter time, and this will mean going out, not staying in. He agreed, thankfully.

We've had a good night, peaceful as usual, and she's not woken up yet - I suspect the blackout blind is helping there. Just need it to work for naps too now.

Oo, new thread! Must go investigate...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now