Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: This too shall pass, this too shall pass

(1000 Posts)

keep repeating the mantra...

halesball Wed 20-Mar-13 23:29:13

Ispy, i hope your conversation goes well with DP. Could you ask someone to babysit whilst you have the conversation and maybe go out and have a date night at the same time.

Isthat bet you were dead proud of your LO at the MRI. Congrats on getting him to sleep. And on his weight gain.

Stacks hope your dads op goes well when he has it.

Seconds i can totally understand where your coming from. Its not that you want them to change your LO's nappy you just want them to have some quality time together. Maybe they don't feel confident handling babies and they maybe so much better on your next visit. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip out there.

WLmum Thu 21-Mar-13 00:40:57

Up 2 hours before normal :-(. Tired!

SeymoreInOz Thu 21-Mar-13 00:56:31

hales cake day sounds perfect, I've just eaten 3 biscuits but I'm sure I'll have room for some later!

clarella I've been dairy free since DS was 4 weeks, I think it has helped a bit. I'm not sure what the Kosher aisle is like in the supermarkets in the UK but they are pretty well stocked here. Loads of dairy free cakes and biscuits to chose from!

ispy hugs for you. Your DH sound a bit like mine at times. I hope your chat goes well. DH and I have been trying to have frank discussions and seem to be treading water at the mo.

honey that's really rubbish. How long will you have to wait to see someone else?

seconds my inlaws don't change nappies either, in fact I don't think my mum did either while she was here. We've just had BIL to stay and he was so helpful it was amazing.

stacks I hope your Dad's ok with the delay, it must be a really worrying time for you.

Thanks again for all your reassurance. I made an effort to get out and meet a friend for coffee yesterday, it did help. I think being stuck in the house is certainly not helping.

DS bit me really hard yesterday while I was trying to feed and he wasn't interested. Is that teething? It was sore for ages afterwards! At the moment our nights go 8pm-10pm-1am-3am-5am-6am. It's a real battle to get him back to sleep at 5am.

halesball Thu 21-Mar-13 01:19:23

I'm currently lay in bed listening to H push out a giant poo in her cot while shes asleep. I'm glad shes doing it, its been bothering her all day but i so don't want to clean it ha

halesball Thu 21-Mar-13 01:23:02

Seymore H hasn't bit mine that hard yet but she has developed a habit of putting her hands up grabbing the nipple and twisting it whilst pulling at the same time. It hurts ALOT ha

EggsMichelle Thu 21-Mar-13 02:01:07

Aargh, just last week we were sleeping through the night, now I have soothed him back to sleep at 11, and just fed him now. Why did he have to choose this week to have a sleep regression?

halesball Thu 21-Mar-13 02:20:52

She woke herself up pushing but still no poo hmm

Hope your ok Eggs.

EggsMichelle Thu 21-Mar-13 02:33:52

Hales give her tummy a rub, help the poo and very soothing. He's fast asleep now but I can't get off, my throat is killing me!

halesball Thu 21-Mar-13 03:31:29

I've tried that Eggs, its not been too long but abit longer than has been her usual the last few weeks.

She hasn't slept for longer than a hour at any point since 4am yesterday. I'm starting to flag i need sleephmm

IsThatTrue Thu 21-Mar-13 03:34:50

Oh eggs it's thurs tomo (today) nearly the end of the week!

I'm coming to realise what a good boy DS is. However often he feeds at night he usually always but shhhh or it'll jinx it goes back to sleep after his feed. Hats off to the ladies who have ages resettling during the night, I know if I had to I'd cope but it can't be easy and you're all doing amazingly well!

WLmum Thu 21-Mar-13 04:31:30

hales that's tough ! Fx she starts going a bit lot longer soon. Ts earlier feed was clearly just settling as she didn't drink much and kept falling asleep at the boob. At least now she's having a proper drink.

Seymour Why the dairy free? Well done for getting out. I'd go crazy for sure if I was stuck in too much. Babies are lovely but not always great company!

WLmum Thu 21-Mar-13 04:33:24

eggs try gargling with soluble paracetamol. Not v nice but gets straight to affected area. And then take ibuprofen 2 hours later. And repeat!

MaMaPo Thu 21-Mar-13 04:39:53

Too much wine with dinner ugh

halesball Thu 21-Mar-13 05:01:16

Would it be a bad thing if i waited outside DP's work and just passes her to him when he finishes work. That way i get to have 8 hours sleep in a row. Shes up again confused

EggsMichelle Thu 21-Mar-13 05:23:03

Wl wait 2hrs for my ibuprophen? Not a chance! Down the hatch all together, better than any alcoholic cocktail (although a little booze wouldn't do too much harm!

IsThatTrue Thu 21-Mar-13 06:39:51

hales I think that would be entirely reasonable!

Hmm well 6:30 seems to be ds's natural wake up time. Fits in pretty well with dd hmm

Put ds in his cot whilst I changed dd's bedding and he's fallen asleep, if only it was always so easy!

I've been rewarded for dealing with that horrendous hour! DS woke at 12 for a feed then back down immediately til 8 sorry. I did need to though, DP and I both had such shit evenings we went to bed without any tea.

I say do it Hales dress it up as DD couldn't wait to see him! Does he work nights?

Stacks Thu 21-Mar-13 09:08:43

We had a terrible night. Hoping its just from his jabs on Tuesday and he'll be back to normal soon. He refused to go to sleep till 11, then had me up at 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 5:30 and 7. sad

WLmum Thu 21-Mar-13 11:32:39

Ouch stacks!

Oh stacks sad hope you can get a nap in

halesball Thu 21-Mar-13 12:03:14

Yes Willyou he works permanent nights and goes back to his dads so he can get a proper sleep before coming back to usangry i never took H though because she decided to bf at 8 and has been feeding sinceconfused

Stacks same here i'm exhausted. Hope your ok.

ISpyPlumPie Thu 21-Mar-13 12:36:52

Hales and Stacks - hope you both manage to get some rest soon.

Willyou - think you deserved a good night!! Is it your neighbours who often have loud parties? Bit much for them to now be complaining about a baby crying if so.

Honey - that is unbelievably unfair. Surely counseling should be an area where continuity of care is prioritised (I say unbelievably but sadly most things are woefully inadequate atm). So angry on your behalf.
Didn't have an in depth talk with DH last night - we were both absolutely shattered and I could see it had the potential to go awry. We did speak a bit though and he acknowledged that he's been really unfair, and that he cannot go on treating everything else as an inconvenience just because he's anxious about work. He also said that the boys and I are his priority, which I think I knew but maybe needed to hear. I also reassured him that I really don't mind him working long hours and I know he's doing it to provide for us, I just want him to treat me with respect when he is here.

So far, so good but think there's still quite a long way to go. The treading water sounds familiar Seymore and it must be even tougher for you being so far away from family and friends.

itsMYNutella Thu 21-Mar-13 13:55:04

ispy that sound positive! Good that you are his priority. I can understand you needing to hear that. In the same, when DP simply tells me I'm a good mum it means a lot to me because I just feel like I'm doing what's necessary and he probably needs more interaction but I'm tired ... But I'm sure that its normal to feel that too grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.