Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Four months? Oh no, the dreaded sleep regression!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 08-Mar-13 20:11:21

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1698894-November-2012-BFPs-Already-You-girls-are-going-to-have-some-fun

Instead of marking place, please could those of us with older siblings post something (positive) they are looking forward to as our babies get older. I think it would cheer us up since so many are struggling at the moment.

Kyzordz Sun 10-Mar-13 13:45:48

Hope you feel better soon Yw

Thanks pr I have done some carrot and need to blend it and stick it in ice cubes I guess! He is 18 weeks Tuesday. He is so interested in food I am considering giving him a spoon of something and seeing how he goes. Any time I have given him a little something (banana or mash once each) it goes straight down!

Got my bfp a year ago today

TheDetective Sun 10-Mar-13 13:46:32

YW Poor you, I hope DH is looking after you well!

Garden that sounds lovely! Well done DH! He's coming along well I see wink.

Pass It started pretty much as soon as Y6 hit. Before O. I'm fairly sure I know who is encouraging it too. His dad. It's a long story, but it makes me utterly miserable knowing his dad is encouraging such behaviour, and encouraging him to think he's grown up. He treats DS1 like a mate, not his son. It's fucking ridiculous. Yesterday morning his dad was on about 'when you have the lads around' like he's some sort of bloke living in his batchelor pad. It makes my skin crawl. I can't stop him though, he just laughs and carries on with this shit. And how can I stop a child who adores their dad from seeing them.

Fucking cunt balls.

My mum sees it too, as his headteacher she gets to see it all too. Neither of us know how to fix it. I'm afraid that unless I stop him seeing his dad, he's going to grow up to be horrible, rude, thoughtless, and carry an attitude exactly like his dad of 'so what' and 'it'll do'.

YellowWellies Sun 10-Mar-13 14:00:00

On a positive note - today is one year since I got my BFP and started posting to the quiche! I've hated Mother's Day since losing my Mum and it was always compounded by the fact that Mother's Day often falls on what was her birthday (14th March) so its so Fab now to have a happy association with the day.

YellowWellies Sun 10-Mar-13 14:01:39

Kyz yeah we're BFP buddies!

Kyzordz Sun 10-Mar-13 14:04:28

Awesome yw so sorry about your mum though sad 10th march is my sisters bday so won't ever forget the day I got my bfp! Not that I ever would!

Sophiathesnowfairy Sun 10-Mar-13 14:08:00

yw I have always felt a bit meh about Mother's Day. Every mag you pick up as mother daughter stories in it, women's hour always rams mother daughter relationships down your throat, and it's generally everywhere. Is only really this year I haven't really focused on that and enjoyed being the mother. Hope you feel better v quickly.

tits happy birthday! thanks

detective hope all gets back to normal soon. Be grateful was porridge and nt black treacle or something!

Ooo pr am now all motivated to get out the Annabel Karmelout. Why don't people like her. Am beginning to build my own theory.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sun 10-Mar-13 14:08:27

Oo treated myself to a nice vase for Mother's Day. grin

YellowWellies Sun 10-Mar-13 14:23:49

My SIL gave me the Annabel Karmel book it looks really good. My sister however can't stand her claiming all the recipes are full of ketchup and set kids up for a love of unhealthy high sugar and salty foods. Can't see it myself personally - haven't spotted one ketchupy recipe! She really does seem to divide opinion though!

ValiumQueen Sun 10-Mar-13 14:35:44

I have the AK book and also GF book of weaning. There is clearly no hope for me.

TheDetective Sun 10-Mar-13 14:47:07

Give me fucking strength.

DS1 comes in wearing one of his new jumpers. 'Mum this only juuuuust fits'. 'Ok, we'll take it back'. As I say that I see DS is standing with the removed tags in hand. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

<deep breaths>

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Sun 10-Mar-13 14:50:08

I also have the AK meal planner book and the Gina Ford book of weaning! I used theGina Ford one mostly and found it to be very useful.

Happy Mother's day everyone! I've had a lovely day so far. Breakfast in bed which was smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. I got a lovely card and amazing hand crafted posh chocolates, yum. Then I was taken out for lunch at the local pub.

Happy birthday tits, it's my mum and sisters birthday today too.

Hope you're feeling better soon yw.

LuisGarcia Sun 10-Mar-13 14:53:33

Was about to smugly post about L taking her first spoonful of puree, but am now covered in partly digested puree.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 10-Mar-13 14:54:15

Never noticed ketchup in the AK recipes. But a little bit of ketchup is hardly bad for anyone is it?

AK gets a lots of stick on MN as she has said negative things about BLW. Also she joined the dark side and produced a range of ready meals which apparently aren't brilliantly healthy.

I like her recipes though.

I tried DD1 on Ella's Kitchen pouches on the recommendation of people on here as being apparently the most natural. Bought a couple from the British shop at vast expense. She wouldn't touch them.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 10-Mar-13 14:57:16

Sympathy Luis I remember the one time I got really covered in vom when DD1 was weaning was when I gave her leek and potato puree at about 6 months. She loved it the next tme she tried it but it made such a mess and really knocked my weaning confidence for a few days. I chucked out the clothes we were wearing too as I couldn't face trying to clean them.

sweetpea1112 Sun 10-Mar-13 15:14:06

I got given the AK book for Christmas. Planning to read it properly this week but from what I have read I really like it.

Planning to use purees and some finger foods from 26 weeks I think.

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Sun 10-Mar-13 15:35:26

Argh!! This sleeping nonsense is getting worse!

He fed at 10,11,12 and 1am last night! Then slept(ish) til 5.30 but I had to hold his hand through the bars on the crib nearly the whole bloody time!!

I've been googling sleep solutions and found a mountain of websites and books saying they'll help but god only knows if they would.

I'm gettng to the end of my tether now and not sure how much I can cope with :-(

Baby Sleep Answers is a site that gives advice. You have to pay but apparently they have "sleep experts" that give you one to one personal advice. Maybe worth a look into?

Catbag Sun 10-Mar-13 16:11:15

pass No, it was completely unrelated. May post a pic of the reason for my absence on FB later x

contra HV's advice is right so far as I know, it definitely correlates with the findings of the research paper that I read anyway. No solids before 17 weeks, that is. My two are 21 weeks, so about 19 and half weeks when they started. I had planned to hang on until 23-24 weeks, which is when the others were weaned, but was going on their cues. After reassuring myself with that paper, anyway smile

Catbag Sun 10-Mar-13 16:14:19

luis grin

Welcome, by the way!

sweetpea1112 Sun 10-Mar-13 16:18:46

Oh Izzy I'm so sorry that you're having such trouble with sleep. I wish I had some wise words for you but I do have a lot of sympathy brew thanks

The one thing that seemed to work for us last night was teething gel. Obviously that was because he was showing signs of teething and we thought that might be unsettling him. Does there seem to be anything unsettling your little one when they wake?

MissMummy1 Sun 10-Mar-13 16:20:10

Inspired by your weaning chat (a couple of months off yet granted) I have bought AK's book and

MissMummy1 Sun 10-Mar-13 16:23:08

bugger. and this!

£20 BNIB from eBay. Will sell on if it's crap. AK's book was £2.50 inc postage. grin

After a lot of reading I am set on a mix of BLW and purees.

Sorry you're poorly yw thanks

PennieLane Sun 10-Mar-13 16:35:46

Where are you moving to Lily? We' might be moving to Hong Kong for 2.5 years in August.

PR we leave tmrw. Lux meet up would have been great, though we'd have to find an Ikea wink I think shelly is visiting in a few weeks?

Happy Mother's Day to all! You're all amazing mummies!

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Sun 10-Mar-13 17:21:51

I used the GF weaning book with DD, she seemed happy with a purée /finger food approach and now happily eats what I want her too and a load of stuff I don't want her to as well and eats whatever she is given at nursery. So going to do the same for DS. He's 18 weeks. He's very curious about food, watching everyone intently at mealtimes, but I don't think he is quite ready yet. In a couple of weeks I will start making my purées for the freezer - I freeze in ice cube trays then move to labeled bags love my lable maker in a bit of a Monica Geller style.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 10-Mar-13 17:51:09

Well you've been lucky with the weather. Did you go anywhere nice?

This thread is not accepting new messages.