Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2013 Part Two: Coos and smiles but not always so much sleep...

(1000 Posts)

Our first thread has almost finished so I thought we'd need a new one!

Hahhahaha Rita ora - no!

I must look shit and people are polite ;)

Both my babies are tucked up in bed sleeping. I shall no doubt get the smug slapped off my face at 1,3,5,7 etc ... But it feels v strange ATM not to have teeny on my boob knee.

Pascha Mon 18-Mar-13 20:40:03

Daniel let us eat dinner smile. He is currently in his swing raving away, arms and legs dancing. Think he's working up to a good whinge imminently.

Ah sleeping babies! I spent ages getting tired/cranky baby to sleep in bouncer then had to take her with me to pick ds1 up from cubs! She smiled at few peopke then started whinging again so 1 of the mums is kindly picking ds1 up for me next week so i don't have to drag baby out again! Frankly i could weep i'm so grateful grin

Spoke to soon. Chattering in her cot, big smiles.

Minx.

*too

happyhow Mon 18-Mar-13 21:24:04

Bailey's been a right grump today, especially this evening. No idea what has gotten into him as he's usually quite fun in the evenings but he's been a bit off all day. He's on my boob at the mo so we'll see how long the peace lasts...

Bunty, I don't think those leggings are that bad. I couldn't pull them off but I've seen a hell of a lot worse!

Apples, lovely friend!

Cejay8 Tue 19-Mar-13 08:57:28

Sophie slept from 9.30 to 6am! I hope it's a sign of things to come. She's 7 weeks. Shame DS woke twice in the night hmm As a reward I've kitted her out in cute dress today instead of the usual sleepsuits.

CreepyCrawly Tue 19-Mar-13 09:39:54

Cejay lovely! Good luck with the clothes! I still can't be doing with them haha. She does have a lovely new coat that I wish she could wear 24/7 though!

She has a cold now, bless her, so that's probably partly why she's been grumpy. She was quite snuffly in the night, but seems better this morning.

We attempted a walk in the pushchair with the dog yesterday and it was a success! I think the poor dog got a bit fed up to begging with, it took us 20 minutes to get as far as next doors gate with everyone coming to have a coo. Dog was brilliant though, walked lovely on the lead and stayed right by the side of the pushchair off the lead. Very proud of him.

On the clothes front, I had a big clear out before Christmas, and seemed to forget that I wasn't going to be pregnant forever and sold all my clothes on eBay. And I'm not exaggerating, ALL of them! Apart from bloody maternity clothes.

CreepyCrawly Tue 19-Mar-13 09:40:35

*begin with, not begging

Sorry creepy but that made me laugh smile

Ivy is still in sleepsuits and occasionally top and pj trousers. Like you i can't be doing with the faff. And shes more comfortable.

Had to take her to asembly this morning. Always proud when they get awards but really could do without trying to hold squirmy baby who wants feeding for 1/2 hour! Now shes asleep and my poor boibs are huge!!

*boobs not boibs - d'oh!

Polyethyl Tue 19-Mar-13 10:12:32

My daughter just vomited down my cleavage and in my hair. Thank you darling.

Can anyone suggest what to do about her skin, she has very dry skin on the sides of her face, near her ears. I'm not using soap on her, and the dry patches are very localised, she's fine elsewhere.
Moisturiser? Baby oil?

CreepyCrawly Tue 19-Mar-13 11:01:32

Haha thanks Apple.

Poly I used cooking oil when Nancy had dry skin, it did the job. Just a tiny bit massaged in after a bath.

I think I'm turning into a weirdo. I'm feeling like I don't want another baby because I won't be able to give Nancy all of my attention, and I'll have to leave her if I go into hospital. And I don't want her to go in her own room. And I don't want to leave her, ever.

MarasmeAbsolu Tue 19-Mar-13 11:35:04

smile creepy she will eventually learn to speak, will start saying "NO MUMMY! NO" (or you are a silly billy Mummy, like DD1 did) and at that point she will be a little girl, bossing you about - another baby does not seem so bad once they get so independent.

DD1 (3.5) bosses DD2 like crazy. DD2 looks at her with big adoring eyes smile

CreepyCrawly Tue 19-Mar-13 11:52:45

Noooo I want her to stay as a baby forever! Time is going way too quick. It is lovely when they start talking and become proper little people though smile

Should I be taking her to the doctor for this cold? She's eating fine and still having wet nappies, she's still alert and smiling when she's awake too so I think she'll be alright wont she? I don't really want to take her to the surgery and have her catch something worse.

Lostbobbles Tue 19-Mar-13 11:53:26

Creepy your not a weirdo, I used to feel the same, hence it took 4yrs to want another (that and the sleep trauma!!)

Pol: I used organic coconut oil, but you can you plain old olive or cooking. I just prefer the smell.

It seems I have a hungry baby at mo, she fed every 2 hours yest, (was going 3, until illness/ hospital) so rather silly but i thought she might sleep longer last night. No such luck, same old every 3 hours until 5am when the witching starts and she won't stay asleep in crib.

Is the same with the 2 hourly again today, hope its short lived as the three hourly fitted in well with DD1

Poly Ivy has excema on her face and i use olive oil and oilatum. It works to keep it under control.

Creepy although i felt the same i was pg again 18 months after ds1 born partly because i just love the little baby stage and i really wanted him to have a sibling. And before you know she'll be a bolshy toddler and you won't mind leaving the little minx ANyway they'rw fun as they get older fails to mention ds2 frequent trips to a&e

Lora1982 Tue 19-Mar-13 14:41:51

Im hating the idea that he would have no siblings... But also currently hating the idea of doing all this again... Even though he is a very well behaved easy baby compared to the nnightmares im hearing from you lot! A next one might not be so easy ...

Im going to a la leche group tomorrow im a bit scared they might be too hard core boob though and il feel like i need to justify the bottles he has at night. I think its important i go though so someone can teach me how to get him on my bad boob onve and for all i dont want scabby mcpuss abcess returning! On that front its currently about 1cm long and half that in height so its healing slowly but surely.

On the fenugreek issue i think its definatly helped im down to two max three bottles a day and im starting to get the engorged feeling again in the morning... My armpits also have an aroma of curry so i know its in my system grin

Hope you are all dealing with minimal vomit today!

birdies Tue 19-Mar-13 16:39:34

creepy I would wrap mine up in cotton wool if I could and co sleep with both of them until they're 18! I still feel guilty for having a baby so close in age to DD1 but I'm trying to give her lots of attention and I hope she'll enjoy having a little sis when she's older (at the mo she just glares at her!). I'm broody again already but will prob wait a couple of years this time. You don't need to take her to doctors if she seems well in herself.

How much time do people with 2 babies spend playing with DC2? I'm trying to give DD1 more attention which means DD2 is often just lying kicking on her mat. She seems happy enough but I want to help her develop as well.....

lora curry armpits sound lovely grin

I took dd to baby massage today. she liked it for about ten minutes then wanted to be fed for the rest of the session even though I fed the little monkey right before it started

jabs tomorrow sad

happyhow Tue 19-Mar-13 18:49:36

I love slow cookers and iPhones today. Made a lovely venison stew in the slow cooker for tea - could happily eat more but will refrain... Loving the iPhone because hubby fell asleep last night with the tv remote on the other side of the room whilst I was feeding Bailey. Discovered that my iPhone can act like a sky remote - made my night!

Lora, curry armpits sound just lovely. It really makes me want to go and buy fenugreek...

Louise85 Tue 19-Mar-13 21:19:07

Lora - glad you warned about curry armpits - am not bf, but will remember that for next one....and don't worry about next one not being good...I thought since Dd was a brilliant baby, easy, good sleeper etc, that next one would be a nightmare, but 8 weeks in and he's just as easy as his sister...I'm sure they'll be nightmare teenagers, but hey for now, I could have another one again ;-)

Pol - Dd suffered with dry skin, and E45 was the only thing that would clear it (cream, not lotion), and you can get it to put in the bath as well.

Got both of them into their own beds fast asleep at 7 - loving having our evenings back again...and looking forward to good nights sleep to try get over this horrible cold

Lora1982 Tue 19-Mar-13 23:25:22

Its not a constant aroma (that i know of...others may disagree) i cant smell it now just when im getting changed etc

anyone managed to overcome any boob preference? Im scared of blockages and mastitis or abcesses happening he was only on it ten mins all day then he started fighting and kicking etc so i swiched and he was fine again. I read how they can sense the mum is more comfortable with one side and to try tricking them into thinking its their favourite side by using the rugby hold, but yhe size of him now i cant do that comfortably for either of us. I think he has an issue with the nip its totally different to the other because its not been used for 8weeks when the other is used to being used and has adapted.

katolla Wed 20-Mar-13 04:56:26

At 5 weeks should I be waking her for feeds or should she wake herself? Put her down at 9 and its nearly five now. I've been awake since 3 :/ probably cause I'm traumatised by the massive vomits she did today...

Would wear those leggings!

katolla Wed 20-Mar-13 04:57:57

Lora fenugreek smells lovely!
Oilatum seconded for dry skin.

This thread is not accepting new messages.