Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

November 2012 - BFPs? Already? You girls are going to have some fun!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 04-Mar-13 07:22:27

Previous thread: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1693077-November-2012-They-WERE-sleeping-what-happened

PetiteRaleuse Mon 04-Mar-13 20:54:11

Screaming out during sleep can be a sign of an ear infection. Would it be worth having a Dr look in his ears? He had a cold a couple of weeks ago iirc.

Pikz Mon 04-Mar-13 20:59:10

BAVQ... Sounds more hardcore

What's this about a BFP? shock I missed several pages of the last thread because I've been at work. My next depo injection is supposed to be next week but I'm going to cancel the appointment. It took nearly two years after I stopped having it last time before falling pregnant so I don't want it anymore. Don't want to use condoms, the pill, the coil or implant either so don't know what we will do confused A happy accident would be fine with me but I don't think we dtd frequently enough for that.

Spoke to my manager today about returning to work. She's fine with me tagging my holiday onto the end of my mat leave so won't have to go back until September. That's another six months away. Yay! Can't afford to take a whole year off unfortunately but I've got six weeks holiday and might take a couple of weeks unpaid so it won't be far short of a year.

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 21:06:26

PR The GP checked him over including ears 2 weeks ago, as his cold was tailing off.

I'm googling like a woman possessed. I want my baby fixed please!!

YW I might need your kick ass skills! I think O does indeed have reflux. It is becoming more evident now. Looking at information, he has a lot of the symptoms. Bugger. I think I might see if the GP will try some meds for him, although I was reluctant, and hoped this was a phase, it seems to be lasting too fucking long! a while. I'm a bit meh on gaviscon. He already has the staydown stuff, which is working reasonably well. Do you think it is worth asking for Ranitidine straight off and seeing if that helps?

PennieLane Mon 04-Mar-13 21:08:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 21:09:03

I feel like I'm getting to be a frequent hassler attender at the GP's these days. hmm

Apple If you are happy with a happy accident grin why don't you look at natural family planning methods?

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Mar-13 21:16:43

Oh detective boo for reflux. Perhaps ask for ranitidine as the staydown milk is already bunging him up, and gaviscon will only make it worse?

I'm still trying to clarify mat leave plans here, but the consultant I need to speak to is proving to be a total wankbadger tricky to get hold of. Don't think I'll get anything more than 7 or 8 months tops though.

We had a lovely evening at a friends, F was all smiles for their teenage girl which was lovely to see. Massive noisy poonami only slightly lowered the tone...

Kyzordz Mon 04-Mar-13 21:19:05

E screams out in his sleep too detective. Never at night though, just daytime naps :/ he went through a phase a few weeks back where nothing interested him and I'd try for ages to entertain him but things like his play gym and bouncer were no go's, five minutes and he'd be whinging again. It is getting better again now so maybe O will come out the other side too?

So tempted to go to bed and sod the dream feed but I know doing so will bite me on the ass. So, up I shall stay, and more octopus legs I shall stuff!

I say that now Detective but if it actually happened I would probably shit myself. then quickly get over it DP doesn't want another yet though. He often talks about having more but then when I try to have a serious discussion he says 'oh no, it's too soon for that'

ValiumQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 21:24:46

Thank you glenda I had a fancy breastfeeding pillow for DD2 and gave it to a friend thinking I was done with breeding. I bought a boppy for this time, and thought it was shite. Good for tummy time. I cannot really justify that expense considering I would only use it when out, and he is already 4 months, but they are lovely! I might try making something similar.

Evilwater Mon 04-Mar-13 21:29:47

Just a quick question,
Vomit/ posseting coming out of the nose, is this a really bad sign? If so what??

Evil

YellowWellies Mon 04-Mar-13 21:33:25

Detective go for ranitidine - though gaviscon can work well if FF. We found ranitidine wore off after a week. If you have the same experience push for omeperazole MUPS tablets (Losec) or the liquid version.

We're onto our first proper bedtime at home. He's been down forty mins. If the fecking cat will shut up miaowing triumphantly about getting my lap back - he might stay asleep.

We seem to be out the other side of the four month regression - someone asked (shhhh crosses fingers) we had two unsettled periods of 3-4 nights a fortnight apart. Now he sleeps from 8/9pm til 6/9am with one feed in the middle. Only tips I have are swaddling, sleeping on a sheepskin so as not to wake up cold (he's only wee), sleeping close to me (bed nest) and lots of fresh air. We go for at least an hours walk (more usually two) every day whatever the weather. I'm with Billy Connolly - there's no such thing as bad weather - just the wrong clothes.

I suspect its nothing we do though - I just think he likes his sleep. We have no correlation between daytime sleep and night time - he can have a good night after lots or little day time sleep. I bet he's going to be a bastard teenager or toddler to make amends for his sleep now grin hmm

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Mar-13 21:35:20

evil from personal experience, forceful vomiting or a sudden large volume of vom will find the route of least resistance, which may well be a nose. It's not pleasant, but can't think of any worrying conditions which would cause it to happen. How's N doing now, in between spewing out his nose?!

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 21:37:20

Kyz our babies sound very similar then! How old is he now? O has been doing it at night too. Waking up but not wanting anything other than to go back to sleep.

Me and DP agree that he just isn't right. I tried a teething granule thingy today, to see if it was his teeth and maybe it would help. But it did nothing, and I can't feel anything on his gums at all.

I looked on here www.livingwithreflux.org/signs_symptoms.html and O has 3 of the things on the list:
Persistent refusal of feeds.
Excessive crying or irritability during or after feeding or regurgitation.
Vomiting old food, i.e., several hours after feeding.

It is as if he is hungry, but he doesn't want to feed. The staydown is mostly staying down, and the faster flow on the NUK bottles is helping, but today he has fussed at every feed, taking 3-4oz again. It's like a never ending circle! Also the NUK teats started clogging at every feed today. Going to have to ring NUK and complain ask for advice, because the teats are the largest size. confused

YellowWellies Mon 04-Mar-13 21:41:21

Kyz Jonas fave toy is a jelly cat octopus he wrestles it around his playmat hooting delightedly. Either that or he really hates it and that's a battle cry I'm hearing. He also has a panda he chats to and bear hugs / throttles.

Train journey home went fine other than two massive poos - DH did nappy duty thank goodness. Got a lovely compliment from a lady who shared our table about how contented and happy he was, she put it down to him being so secure and loved. I nearly cried. No one would have said that when he was screaming with his reflux just a couple of months ago.

Eliza yey Ella!

Evilwater Mon 04-Mar-13 21:45:12

Big- not to bad. He wants to be entertained, and fights to go to sleep. Apart for that he has found his shouty voice, which is brilliant as loves to join in any conversation.

Evil

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 21:51:39

Thanks YW. I read that ranitidine may stop working quite quickly, so am prepared to fight for the Omeperazole! I just want to see if it makes any difference for him. He is a happy chucker, but isn't a happy feeder if that makes sense! He isn't bothered by the vomit, but is by the feeding.

What is the difference between the tablets and the liquid?

ValiumQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 21:52:57

I took J out in a very fetching pink fleece snow suit thing. An old lady asked how old she was, so I said he was four months and had big sisters. She looked horrified.

My phone is shite at typing after my mum dropped ketchup on the keyboard.

Kyzordz Mon 04-Mar-13 21:54:27

They do sound similar detective as o has always had periods of being fussy with the bottle too! He was doing it really badly at the tail end of last week but the weekend wasn't too bad he just was a whingy sod unless feeding! at the minute I've found distracting him and/or having someone that isn't me talking to him and/or putting the bottle down and playing with him for a bit works. Also, if he fusses at me and I take it and he cries, I wont give it back for five mins and he drinks ok for a bit. E is 17 weeks tomorrow, I think o is a couple of weeks younger?

yw I hope Eric likes this octopus as much then, it has taken alot of hard work!

evil e vommed out his nose when he was full of a cold and before he had his reflux milk, it seemed to be sheer force that did it. Does it distress him at all? E was ok both times he did it but I hated it as I can't stand being sick and it made me panic, lol!

ValiumQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 21:55:21

Tablets are hard things. Often round. Liquid is liquid.

Evilwater Mon 04-Mar-13 21:59:35

Kyz- The first time he didn't know what to do, it was really funny. We were shocked and because we looked worried he cried. The second time he was shocked but it didn't bother him.

Evil

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 22:00:01

I dread taking O anywhere these days for the attack of the grumps! I had to pack my bags one handed with O under one arm so he didn't scream Asda down this evening. The check out assistant didn't even bother to ask me if I wanted help with my packing. She put a few things in a bag, but that was it. I had £50 worth of shopping!!

I can't decide what is easier. Staying in or going out. Best thing for him is baby groups. He loves the attention and the singing and rocking! There's a singing one tomorrow. Think i'll drag him there. Will be walking. My car is in the FUCKING GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QQ: For those whose babies are rolling, how soon after they started rolling on their side did they roll over? O seems to be lacking in the active department! He rolls side to side, he grabs at things placed on his chest, and chews on big things. But no signs of rolling, grabbing toys himself or anything like that. I worry that because he is swaddled I'm harming him!

Can you sense my mummy paranoia tonight?! Can you smell it?!!

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 22:00:58

VQSA....!

Which works better... is that better for you grin?!!

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 22:03:48

Oh, he grabs at toys on the playmat, but then these days, he won't go on there!

YellowWellies Mon 04-Mar-13 22:05:52

The tablets have to be dissolved in sterile water and given by oral syringe - I actually prefer giving them now than the liquid which is a bit viscous and can make him gag. The tablets are cheaper (don't be fobbed off with the gastro resistant ones - the MUPS ones are much better) so you're more likely to get them. Good luck. Poor O reflux is so unfair but you'll get him back to his jolly self once treated. Prop his cot head up too and feed upright to help the poor sausage xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.