Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - BFPs? Already? You girls are going to have some fun!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 04-Mar-13 07:22:27

Previous thread: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1693077-November-2012-They-WERE-sleeping-what-happened

PetiteRaleuse Mon 04-Mar-13 16:42:08

Tits thanks I think those rehyfrating sachets can be used for tiny babies. I had heard that bf'ing mothers should carry on bf'ing but am very possibly wrong. Phone for advice.

Kyzordz Mon 04-Mar-13 17:24:52

Lets see what I remember...

glenda he has gone for a training thing for a week, he had a promotion at work and it's manager training smile my DM and siblings (18 down to 10) are about alot but DM is poorly so can't help ATM. Little bro (15) is brilliant though smile

Fab news eliza that's awesome!!! Go Ella! :D

tits I'd ring the nhs number for advice, hope he's better soon!

Erm...

I forgot what else!

Weaning. Ds can't sit up, so isn't ready in that respect. He has his hands in his mouth all the time but I think that's a baby thing? He shows real interest when we are eating and whines and looks like he's chewing. He puts everything in his mouth. But thought these were just baby things. I don't know if we'll make it to 26 weeks on milk but he's only 17 weeks tomorrow. If I gave him anything at all it would be tastes of different puréed things that are recommended, but again I don't know :/ I must say I am tempted to give it a try but I still don't feel like I know what I'm doing so it wouldn't be yet I don't think. My main problem is that I don't trust myself enough to make the right decision for him so whilst things I've read have led me to think starting him tasting things in the next few weeks wont hurt him I'm also thinking 'what if' and I'm not sure there are necessarily any benefits of introducing a bit of food earlier than 6 months. Does that make sense?

His jabs have been moved to next Thursday now, DM and co came back from hull visiting sister and we saw them yesterday and now they're all dying of some horrible cough/cold/flu type thing, so I rang doctors today and they recommended moving jabs till next week to see if he gets it, as then he will have time to get over it. I hope he doesn't get it

Gah, will have to read back through stuff to remember what I meant to say!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Mon 04-Mar-13 17:32:27

tits here is a link about feeding when babies are Ill. If he will feed its advised to continue kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/illness-surgery/baby-illness/

ValiumQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 17:43:04

tits keep bfing. Best thing for sick baby. Call NHS24 as well, and keep a close eye for dehydration - sunken fontanelle, dry mouth, no wee, listlessness etc. hope baby is soon better x

VQRGNRMNBAHV!

eliza hey fatty! Great weight gain. Such a relief for you all x

izzy what an odd thing for the HV to say. DS is a fatty and wakes frequently at night. I plan to feed him milk when he wants it until he is well established on solids. I will probably wean around 22 weeks. The girls were weaned at 24 and 23 weeks. You will know when your boy is ready. My HV recommended weaning at 20 weeks as he is a big boy.

I have felt so much better today having had some sleep. Took both little kids into town with my mum too. Had lunch out, and went shopping. It was lovely to feel normal, like I have a life. Almost. I hate feeding J in restaurants. I need a comfy chair! Mum said there were comfy chairs where we went. Soft cushioning for my arse, but that is not what I meant. I need support for my arm, like in a bucket seat, or a sofa, as he is so bloody heavy. I now have a pulled neck.

Oh crikey I missed a lot since last night. Most importantly WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for Eliza and E. Great work! You must be delighted.

Hope you're ok Tits, maybe call the NHS to check on the best course of action.

I am not planning to wean L before 6 months. He has started to notice DH and me eating but is not really interested. He may have had a few toast crumbs dropped on his head though.

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 18:13:23

Still waiting for 6 months here too. He chews his fists and all that, but judging by the rest of us, all our babies are doing the same thing! The interest he shows in food is mostly screaming at me for daring to eat. Dinner time has been fucked for oooooh 14 weeks or so now. hmm

VQ That is one of the things I needed when BF too. TBH I need it even though I'm bottle feeding, as my arm goes dead! Not so bad now with the quicker feeds though. But whenever we go out, I'm always on the look for a good bucket seat, or places with sofas and cushions!

What is the BA for?! I got the rest wink.

Today I mostly want to stab DP. Hormones. The knobhead said he would get O's bag ready when I went out earlier. Was in Asda when screaming baby ensued. Where was his dummy? He forgot them. DICK. That was fucking fun. On my own with screaming baby, trolley full of food. RAAAAAAAGE!!

horseylady Mon 04-Mar-13 18:40:42

I was wondering the ba too?! Still no message detective I might see if there's a phone number?!

Little dog ran off. Little dog now has a collar and tag because she keeps doing it and I can't see where in the garden it is!!! Had a lovely walk after I found her!!

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 18:48:55

Yes, a phone number would be great! I feel like I have a personal assistant now wink. Thanks!!

sweetpea1112 Mon 04-Mar-13 18:54:55

Wow, babies are fun! Oscar is being extra cute today. So interested in everything around him, wanting to pick everything up and put it in his mouth, being delighted with himself when he manages it and snorting with laughter when his daddy pretends to eat his belly!

I'm so so tired but god he is worth it.

Sorry. As you were.

Oh Eliza Wonderful news! You sound so happy which is fantastic thanks

Someone has abducted my DP and replaced him with the perfect man. He came home from work, insisted on bathing both the girls, he fed them AND put them to bed! He then ordered a Chinese and produced a lovely bottle of wine! I think he wants to get lucky. I enjoyed my time off with a a cup of tea and natter on the phone to a friend.

I like this new DP! Actually, this was the man I first met, kind, loving and thoughtful.

PetiteRaleuse Mon 04-Mar-13 19:04:10

That's lovely Gardenpixies

How is one supposed to go anywhere with a wilful toddler for want of a better word and a baby on your own? All we did was go down to the playground at the end of the street and back and it was a massive battle of wills.

rootypig Mon 04-Mar-13 19:11:07

I know Sophia I am still wine at my ebay triumph to get one so cheaply!

Tits hope LO gets better soon x

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 19:18:01

Why have I got such a grumpy baby lately? He was so content, happy, and had started self settling, playing and entertaining himself. Now he doesn't do any of it.

What did I do wrong?! 4 weeks ago he was so different. He isn't happy unless he is being held or entertained. There is no point putting him on his play mat, or bouncer any more. He hates them both. Gaaaaaah.

sweetpea1112 Mon 04-Mar-13 19:45:03

Detective a developmental leap perhaps?

ValiumQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 20:07:32

Bad Ass!

Batchelor of Arts.

ValiumQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 20:07:50

Big Ass is more apt.

sweetpea1112 Mon 04-Mar-13 20:11:25

Have decided I really need to try and make some mummy friends. The only peron I see regularly with a baby is SIL but we have such different parenting styles I always end up feeling shite about myself sad

Have got baby group and I have met my next door neighbour who has a 5 month old for coffee a couple of times which is nice, but I know it will take a long time to get to 'friend' status. You know, someone I can properly talk to if I'm feeling shit about something, rather than small talk about babies.

Oh well, I'm putting myself out there and making an effort so that is all I can do for now.

Early night for me now, I will happily leave all the sleepy dust for you to fight over share evenly between yourselves, after my decent night last night. Night all smile

I've been and bought done Pampers Baby Dry so we shall see how they hold up tonight.

Weaning wise, we're going to wait until 26 weeks and I'm probably going to do a combination of BLW, mushed up stuff and whatever else, I'll just wing it grin

M was fab in baby massage and has been v talkative tonight and then just switches to cranky and crying. She's hardly napped today, 30 mins in the car and 15 mins on a walk and that's it. She refuses to give in. If she dozes off then she's wide awake as soon as she's moved.

Still no sex here so definately no BFP, not that there'd be a chance anyway. It's been over a year shock I think it's got to the point where I'm scared to do it

ValiumQueen Mon 04-Mar-13 20:16:58

PR I feel your pain with the baby and young child thing. It is hard work!

glendathefedupwitch Mon 04-Mar-13 20:18:15

vq have a look at Thrupenny bits website for breast feeding cushions - they tie around your waist so the cushion supports the weight of baby - I got the ultimate one which is expensive but I take it everywhere as it hangs over the buggy handle - I feed in the rugby ball hold so it hides my belly when I pull my top up!!! There's no way I could breast feed anywhere without it - it was the mn reviews that made me splurge on it - so pleased I did!!!

PetiteRaleuse Mon 04-Mar-13 20:25:53

LO has a new happy noise. It's like someone playing a high pitched violin badly. Or a cat being tortured. Delightful. She is very proud of herself and intercepts verses of squailinc with choruses of giggled hilarity.

Oh my poor ears.

Evilwater Mon 04-Mar-13 20:33:23

Sorry I've not kept up. It's taken me ages to log in. Damn IPad. It's taken about 1 and half minutes to load a page angry
Not much happing here, which is nice for a change. Just he normal stuff.

Congrats to the ladies having BFP.

To those LO who are unwell, I hope they get better soon.
Evil

Pikz Mon 04-Mar-13 20:34:59

I went to the gym! Woohoo

LO chatted to DP from when I left at 6.10 til 8pm when I got home. So lovely to see them laughing and chatting and having a bath. Bit like you pixies wondering who replaced DP with this man!

Detective you make me laugh a lot. I also have one who isn't so keen on just being in a chair or on playmat in last week. Think he's exactly same age as your O. Maybe it's a phase?

TheDetective Mon 04-Mar-13 20:42:33

A 4 week phase, it can fuck off now, please! grin

Seriously starting to wonder who swapped my baby now. He's very upset tonight. He skipped the long afternoon nap only having an hour. So he's been asleep since 6.50 now, but keeps screaming out in his sleep and waking up. We've had to put him back to sleep 5 times now.

VQBA I think a name change is calling...!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Mon 04-Mar-13 20:45:03

Right I've tried offering boob every 3 hours today and he's taken it so far. So he's fed at 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm ish so far. He's due again soon and will see what the night as in store for us.

Thanks for all the replies regarding the HV. I was really not impressed with her 'advice' at all as I really felt she was chastising me for feeding j overnight. All I'm willing to do thus far is feed a bit more often during the day in the hope that he does take more milk and maybe not require a feed overnight or at least not want more than one!

I shall return tomorrow with a boring update!

This thread is not accepting new messages.