Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - They WERE sleeping, what happened?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 26-Feb-13 06:27:42
Catbag Tue 26-Feb-13 19:43:16

Hi sweetpea and welcome (back) to the quiche! There is naught to be frightened of here... unless you are a journalouse, in which case PR will tie you up in knots and detective will bark at you. Oh, and MM eviscerates those who would have a problem with women breastfeeding in public...

Catbag Tue 26-Feb-13 19:43:39

grin

MissMummy1 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:44:25

Stunt I have a skimpy nursing bra for my small boobs and it's a bugger. Breast pads fall out. Sometimes full boobs too if missus skips a feed . blush

MissMummy1 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:45:31

catbag grin

sweetpea1112 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:46:15

Ha, I have heard about the famous PR grin I have never written for the DM so should be safe.

Is anyone able to add me to the fb group?

Catbag Tue 26-Feb-13 19:49:21

You should be able to find it if you search for Nov 12 Babies on FB sweetpea- our group is the one with the picture of a pregnant woman lying on her back, and a flower on her bump smile

Catbag Tue 26-Feb-13 19:51:27

Hmm, just did a quick search and I don't think you can see the picture on the search. It is on the list though. It is the closed group with 74 members.

sweetpea1112 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:52:45

Group found. Request made. Thanks!

Sophiathecheesefairy Tue 26-Feb-13 19:55:07

I thought I had lost you. Where to find you?

"Know where it is" says DS1 at 2.5?

I know.

Most Bloody Active. Where else?! grin

My DH is brilliant. Not only is he building me a house with a veiw or two, he is making dinner every night this week while we are here. I luvs him. <all loved up emoticon>

Donnadoon Tue 26-Feb-13 19:57:13

Hi everyone Im still keeping up at the back...bought the ikea highchair today £12 plus £4 for the tray and what Im really impressed with is the inflatable insert thingy £5.50..its ever so smart looking.

ChunkyChicken Tue 26-Feb-13 20:02:04

DD must be better. She's being a pickle without the help of choc or calpol & driving me potty.

DS is currently having his bedtime feed early because he's tired.

DH is making me miss a Mummy Meet-up to drive him to the hospital. He's only having a minor op on skin tags near his eye & thinks this might affect his ability to drive. How U is that??!!! grin. To be fair though, we only have 1 car, so I'd still find it difficult to do what I want if he could drive but still.angry <--- grumpy bollocks face

Welcome back sweetpea. We're all just fumbling around in the dark confusion that is caring for a newborn. Some just hide it better than others wink

Great weight gains YW & BPLP. I failed to get A weighed today, but hopng he will have doubled by now too (he only has to get to 13lb 14, & he was 13lb 5.5 4wks ago!!) smile

Passmethecrisps Tue 26-Feb-13 20:02:44

<laughs uproariously at sweetpea being scared by our knowledge>

Welcome back sweetpea. Don't be scared. We talk a lot of shite really.

Mm I am furious on your behalf. What sort of tosser crashes into a parked car and drives off?? Accidents happen but bloody well own up.

garden p can only go 90 mins between naps still. She might only sleep 30 mins sometimes but she has a total meltdown if she doesn't get a nap on time. Similarly she is very picky about nap places. I tried to gently stretch it a bit today but it just makes her completely overtired and a complete screaming nightmare.

Well, I would quite like swears Wednesday to start already but I will hold back.

P woke this morning at 7:30 as normal. All smiles and cheery. I managed to get her to go almost 2 hours before her nap - she went down fine and slept for 1hr 30 mins which is really unusual. Again, she woke all smiles and cheery.

Then it all went to shit. She wanted to go back to sleep really soon so I put her down but she screamed blue murder. Gave her more food in case she was hungry. She ate, looked sleepy then screamed more blue murder when I put her down.

Basically blah blah blah for an hour.

Eventually she slept for 30 sodding minutes and woke up crying. Looked knackered but wouldn't sleep. Gave her meds and tried to feed her - total screaming habdabs.

After more screaming and general hysteria she finally went to sleep and slept for 2 hours.

Look - I'll stop now and sum up. She has wanted to do nothing but sleep but can't/won't nothing obvious stopping her and even though she has slept for mammoth naps she was still hysterical at bed time.

I started the change from infant gaviscon to carobel today so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it. She just seems to have got more miserable as the day has gone on.

She is now in her basket mumping and moaning

<sigh>

sweetpea1112 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:04:59

Does anyone know what the guidance is for giving pre-emptive Calpol before jabs? Trying to get it into a screaming baby after the last jabs was Fucking awful interesting and he seemed in a lot of pain as the injection sites were red and swollen sad

sweetpea1112 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:07:45

garden O can only manage 90mins awake time. Literally as soon as he had been awake 90mins the yawning and face rubbing starts. Could set my watch by him. If I had a watch.

Today his 'naps' were 2.5 hours long each time which isn't normal for him. 12 week growth spurt methinks.

Elizadoesdolittle Tue 26-Feb-13 20:08:39

Gosh I down tools for an hour and take advantage of a sleeping baby by having a loverly relaxing and you all go and get a new thread!

TheDetective Tue 26-Feb-13 20:11:57

Why is it now DP is home, O is happily lying on his mat, and I look like a lying bastard sitting in a pig sty?! Even his sleeps haven't been peaceful, and moving away from him was impossible! The sofa has an imprint of my arse on it.

Have done SFA all day, I tried to just butter nutella a slice of bread earlier. The 1 minute it took he screamed blue murder.

Ooooh, little sod, I know your game!

MM Exactly the same as what happened to me, idiot reversed in to the back of my car. Unluckily mine isn't a write off, but the hassle, oh god, the hassle, the increase in my premiums even though it wasn't my fault, and I wasn't in my car. It has fucked me off royally. All I wanted was the guy to stump up the £200 odd quid for a new bumper, but no, he's decided to be a twat over it, so now have all the hassle of the insurers. To make matters worse, I have a c1 as a hire car. We can't go out in the fucking thing! Car seat doesn't fit, buckle crunches, and the pram doesn't fit anywhere in it!

BigPigLittlePig Tue 26-Feb-13 20:27:15

Not sure what to do. LO had a bath (with me, lovely smile ), fed and fell asleep - soundly. Have put her down in her crib, a full hour before usual. After this afternoons epic pram-nap, there's not a lot to do. I've forgotten how to spend time for me...

mm bet you can't wait for sweary Wednesday eh!
sweetpea we make up for lack of knowledge by talking a load of old cobblers mostly

kirrinIsland Tue 26-Feb-13 20:31:15

Welcome back sweetpea

That's shit mm - I never understand people who don't own up to things like that. Lucky your neighbour saw them.

pp decaf coffee had caffeine in it? I'm trying and failing to give up caffeine, and clearly I'm not doing as well as I thought! I have gone 2 whole days without coke/coke zero though, which is pretty good for me.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 26-Feb-13 20:31:30

Hello Sweetpea welcome back. We swear a lot. Especially on Wednesdays. So, if you haven't written for the DM who have you written for? grin

Why when I Dr sodding Google stiff neck does it tell me I have meningitis? I don't have meningitis I have flu. I just wanted to check that stiff neck was a normal symptom. Is it?

Why is DD1 listening to Gangnam Style on repeat on youtube tonight? I prefer the sodding Duck Song.

BigPigLittlePig Tue 26-Feb-13 20:35:38

Spoke to soon.
Oh well.

sweetpea1112 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:38:01

grin PR, badly worded as I haven't written for anyone. See, I would never make a journo.

I have read about sweary Wednesday (which my auto correct changed to sweaty Wednesday - a not too distant possibility if O doesn't let me have time for a shower tomorrow...) bring it on...grin

Contradictionincarnate Tue 26-Feb-13 20:39:02

welcome back sweetpea!!!
sorry ladies for my crappy phone and how the last thread ended what an anti climax!
guess what dd been sleeping since 7! me and dh ate together ... all be it on the sofa! now watching copious episodes of office... that's how we roll!

PetiteRaleuse Tue 26-Feb-13 20:45:29

contra I thought it was deliberate, and funny

MissMummy1 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:46:28

Fuckity fuck fuck. I am having sweary wednesday today.

Bastarding insurance twunts want £750 up front until they can prove it wasn't my fault. I wasn't even in the sodding car. I think I'll just have the car scrapped. Was only going to be worth £5/600 and we'll probably get half of that in scrap value. We'll save £200ish on a service and MOT too.

I am so fucking upset about the whole thing. Bastard woman. I hope she gets flu angry

Hello new thread, hello sweetpea. Good luck with the jabs tomorrow, I gave Calpol after the first jabs but he was ok after the 2nd (after an initial grump obviously). We have 3rd jabs on Thurs and I am really dreading those. Our poor little poppets.

I haven't had sex either. I'd quite like to but I just don't see how we can get to be alone together.

This thread is not accepting new messages.