Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 2011 - Do that again, and you're getting sold on Ebay.....

(998 Posts)
Aethelfleda Mon 18-Feb-13 22:52:04

Shiny new thread with no listing fees!

AnAirOfHope Thu 11-Apr-13 20:25:46

Is legoland worth the money?

Is there anything to do if its raining?

AnAirOfHope Thu 11-Apr-13 20:33:28

I have a very screamy over tired little girl right now that doesnt know what she want.

We went out to meadowhell and took air/hope on tram as he has never been on one and wanted to. So i showed him the cathedral and where i used to work.

We are planning on going to legoland in Auguest and got a kids go free voctur today.

I cant wait to go camping im more exsited than air smile

I also broke my glasses today and had to get them fixed the nice people at vision express did it for free which was nice.

Air sparked out so me and huddy watching The Hobbit but Hope is being a chatterbox and throwing her toys about and not sleeping sad

AnAirOfHope Thu 11-Apr-13 20:37:19

Hope has started stamping her feet and floping on the floor and screaming when having a strop now. Its sooo hard not to laugh at her, all over a plastic bottle!

QueenofClean Thu 11-Apr-13 21:23:52

Aethel hope you had a fab day at Legoland? Darcie is going there tomorrow with her best friends family she can't wait grin

Air I hope DD settles down soon for the night.

I'm shattered and my eyes have been very red and puffy again today although less itchy.

Sleep time now.

Oh do put one up on here iZombie, I'd love to see it! It's still your fairy cakes at the mo....

Glad your eyes are getting a bit better QoC, you must be so relieved that the itching is decreasing.

I have to say I was horrified when we went to the zoo over Easter- £17 per adult, spent £20 on 'lunch' I've eaten at better service stations so Lord knows what Legoland is like. I think DS better get used to being bookish, everything else is too expensive confused!

Sorry that DS didn't like the beans Janey... so he'll be one of the few children who can genuinely refuse to eat his greens then?! Is it just legumes, I can't remember?

Long day at work, have had a boiled egg for dinner just now...

mopsytop Thu 11-Apr-13 22:01:18

Hi all.

Glad you all enjoyed Legoland aethel. It sounds punishing to the wallet!

Hello HLC!!

Hope poorly babas on the mend ... and poorly mums! Minimopsy is much better but still spent two hours screaming crying at bedtime. Hope she sleeps for a long time now she has finally conked... we came home for a wedding and she was grand on the plane but I guess it is a strange bedroom/cot at my parents' house (she hasn't been here since Christmas which is a long time in baby terms I guess). We are leaving her with my parents on Saturday overnight when we go to the wedding... it's the first time ever that we are leaving her (she's always had one of us overnight) so I hope it goes OK for my parents and she doesn't have any meltdowns like just now!

Right, sleep. Already in bed. Tired after a long week of poorly baba and little sleep. Hope the sleep fairy visits us all tonight! Night!

mopsytop Thu 11-Apr-13 22:03:01

p.s. Northern , a boiled egg is quite an abstemious supper. Maybe some cake would be a good idea to stave off midnight tummy rumbles...

iZombie Thu 11-Apr-13 23:09:43

There's a picture up for you Northerngrin

janey223 Fri 12-Apr-13 00:06:23

None of them sleeping tonight then? Monkey finally conked at 10 and I've still to pack to go to my mums for the weekend.

He loved the beans unfortunately! It's legumes (well, soy, beans, peas, chickpeas), nuts, milk, pineapple and kiwi.

Nobody can find monkeys blood test results from paed in February and I am livid! He was really upset by it and its been worrying me for 2 bloody months grr.

I'm exhausted & have heartburn/ am aching tonight after having a latte yesterday (naughty naughty, I'm not allowed them either hmm) but need to go to Leicester for a mass for my grandad's anniversary tomorrow.

OiMissus Fri 12-Apr-13 08:30:36

My guests are leaving today! hurrah! My house has been a mess all week. I'm hoping they'll tidy up a bit before they leave, but even if they just remove their clutter, it'll be much better.
I'm rather out of touch, I'm afraid. I had planned on catching up with the thread this morning, but Easily put a link on FB to a mumsnet classic about Yoni massages, and I was waylaid... (is that the right term?!)
Anyway, happy Friday!
I got my bonus today! Whoopee! ... Unfortunately, I will have to save most of it to cover any mat leave if I get pg. But it might pay for a couple of new patio doors. smile
And I'm getting mi hair done tomorrow - oh yessss! I can buy and read a daily telegraph again in the peace and calm of the 3 hours it takes!
me me me me me!!

Aethelfleda Fri 12-Apr-13 09:02:33

<Hands round big mugs of tea in the Dec '11 tankards>

Morning! Yep, a very good day. The strategy for avoiding Legoland bankruptcy is legion, several varieties depending on how often you want to go. If you get Tesco vouchers (we don't in any amount) you can use them to get an annual pass for Reduced amount. If you live miles away then travelodge or similar offer a good overnight weekend bundle (not the lego hotel which is another £150 for overnight!) We used the buy-adult-get-kid-free voucher (they charge from three years so DS was free), it's £3 for parking so we paid £94 at the gates then another £4 for a large icecream with five spoons (!!). Took picnic/drinks/snacks in ourselves : the meals are all pricey (£25 for a 8 piece bargain bucket type chicken meal, £6.50 for a hot dog and drink and crisps, £4 for box of donuts, £7.50 for large drinks bottle with "refils all day"which you'd have to queue for). If it rains then there are a few indoor things but they get crowded. Best strategy is to aim for an inset day or a day wjem
It "might" rain but isn't totally freezing. Yesterday we mostly went on the smaller rides with less queuing (grot weather so not too busy) , had one 60 min queie for the lazer shopter ride but that was indoors, warm and dry and we ate our sarnies in the queue so not a disaster! I could not be persuaded to go there for money on a busy Bank Holiday, and I reckon once every year or two is quite enough!!' dDs loved it but v tiring so a quiet day today. Basically they are out for your cash but if you can give the kids a fun day out there is lots to do within the constraints of queues and a LOT of walking (it's the old safari park so is super spread out, take a buggy!)

AnAirOfHope Fri 12-Apr-13 09:24:29

Aetha was there anything for Lo to do? Hope will be 22 months when we go so im woundering if there is anything for her to do or would she be in the pushchair most of the time?

AnAirOfHope Fri 12-Apr-13 09:26:17

Thanks for the info, it helps alot to know what to expect. Air wants to go to the driverL school smile

mopsytop Fri 12-Apr-13 09:27:40

Sounds like my idea of hell aethel ... I absolutely hate theme parks. I suspect I will just be a mean mum and never take Minimopsy to any shock shock

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 12-Apr-13 11:42:44

Merlin are just money-grabbers. We went to the sea-life centre last year with a 2 for 1 voucher not realising they charge full adult rate for over 3's. we were horrified that it still cost us £28 and we were in there less than an hour hmm. Legoland looks great but DS would be just as excited to go to the space centre or one of the big museums tbh.

There are now 4 babies already from my May ante-natal thread, makes me realise how lucky we were on here. Can't believe I'm already 33 weeks today!

Aethelfleda Fri 12-Apr-13 11:44:27

mopsy I loved the thrill ride ones as a teen/twenty but when you take kids there it's all about their day out not yours if that makes sense and "encouraging the brand"/pester power. I do hate the nasty sell-sell-sell-consume aspect and the frenetic gotta-pack-it-in (and the Americanisms like huge overpriced drinks/snack portions. I get over this by going infrequently and on our terms, which seems to work.

air, there is way too much area to do it all in a day with kids, so pick a few areas and do things there, or get a two-day entry bundle. The proper learner drivers is strictly for six years and over, they have a mini-l-drivers that's much simpler for 3-5 year olds. But both get very busy, so head for the Traffic Zone first and do that if that's what Air wants to do. dS had lots of things to tire him out nicely (mostly chasing pigeons...) a lot of rides he could go on a lap, but some we weren't allowed so one of us had to stay with him. There's a nice puppet show in the duplo area and a great slapstick/water show in the pirates' bay area, he liked both those. He loved the moving trains in the mini world area too.

Aethelfleda Fri 12-Apr-13 11:49:33

And totally with you seven in that there are many other, cheaper, just as good days out than the theme parks. Once every while is OK, but I prefer not to overline Mr Merlin's pockets any more than we have to....

And wow that you're 33 weeks, well done, lady!!

<offers large iced doughnut of congratulations>

AnAirOfHope Fri 12-Apr-13 12:15:44

Thanks Aetha smile

I have a list of things i want to show/do with the kids even if its just once. Camping, legoland and peppa pig world is on it so is art galaries, disney, going on a plan, warwick castle and snokleimg in the sea. There is lots blush

I want to show them the world sad

Its my birthday tomoro im 31yo. I always feel low at this time and i have started having nightmares now.

AnAirOfHope Fri 12-Apr-13 12:16:36

Congrats seven not long now. grin

Figgygal Fri 12-Apr-13 13:01:05

Seven I can't believe you are about to go through it all over again quite do soon!!

DS slept until 7.16 this morning latest ever he's completely unpredictable still of course I was awake at 6.

Have to go see Fil later as he's had a hip replacement and out of hospital the pil were supposed to have ds tomorrow as we off to see walking with dinosaurs in birmingham and staying over in a hotel for a night off but now amazing cm is having him for free!!!!! Her kids are ridiculously excited about him going for a sleep over grin

jigglebum Fri 12-Apr-13 16:04:08

aethel thanks for the info on lego land, will come in handy if/when we take ds for his birthday. Making me wonder whether a sneaky day off school might be necessary though - I can't be doing with massive queues all day. We are off to Denmark in July so bit tempted to go to lego land there instead as suspect in will be quieter but it is not very close to where we go.

seven really not long now - very exciting.

We all seem to be better here now. We went out for the day in the end as a last school holiday treat as we'd had no D and V for 24 hours and it was an outdoor animal park so figured it would be ok. It was fairly knackering dealing with both of their needs - freya is not content with just sitting watching in a pushchair these days so had to get out and about too, but think they both had fun and they are now both playing nicely (for 5 mins on their own).

Wow aethel I had no idea theme parks were so expensive shock & I'm with mopsy I'm afraid, think I'll be an even meaner mama & tell ds that no such place exists grin

Hi mopsy <waves>

Sounds like there's been a lot of illness lately, nothing too bad I hope?

Really excited for you seven we're still ttc but I have yet to ovulate, hoping that as ds has taken more of an interest in solid food recently something will happen but he's a milk monster so who knows! My OH is mega broody, I am too but happy to follow ds's lead & a bit concerned he might not like the change in my milk.

OiMissus Fri 12-Apr-13 18:46:12

Happy birthday for tomorrow!
Hope you're not feeling too down.
I'm off to Denmark on Monday, jiggle, but not with boi, with work, til Friday. So no legoland for me.
Any nice plans for Le weekend?
Easilybored and Bennybenbear came to visit this afternoon, so we ate cake whilst the lo's tried to eat toys. grin We heartily recommend waitrose cup cakes ! P

EasilyBored Fri 12-Apr-13 19:53:46

They were lovely cupcakes! Was a lovely afternoon, sorry for all the mess the boys made with all those toys!

Our exciting plans for the weekend include going shopping for a new kitchen (or at least for some quotes for a new kitchen). And maybe soft play on Sunday morning.

QueenofClean Fri 12-Apr-13 20:02:53

Happy birthday for tomorrow air.

Well done for making it to 33 weeks Seven.

My husband has treated me to a meal out tonight and food was lovely and cheap grin Darcie has been having fun at Legoland is having a sleepover and her besties & my DM is sitting with Sky. Full up now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now