Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Dec 2011 - Do that again, and you're getting sold on Ebay.....

(998 Posts)
Aethelfleda Mon 18-Feb-13 22:52:04

Shiny new thread with no listing fees!

QueenofClean Fri 15-Mar-13 06:55:01

Hmmm I posted yesterday not sure where it went!

Mopsy good luck for today. You'll be absolutely fine - your cleverness will shine grin

LMF hope you got some sleep. I was woken up last night at 3am and feel pants now adding to the cold

Aethel, hope your settling in now.

SS love new name glad Hope's MMR went okay.

Oi hope your enjoying cuddles with BOi.

Northern my you sounded rushed off your feet yesterday - well deserved g&t by sounds of it.

We need to watch DD2 growth as she's only put on 1lb in 3months.

DD1 is still being good so happy mummy.

I am coming to end of my 2ww and went to loo at 3:30am so not sure if I can still poas this morning?!

OiMissus Fri 15-Mar-13 09:08:59

QoC - I too thought about poas this morning, but am going to try and hold off so as not to waste stix. I don't feel particularly pg though. Well, it's either pre-AF grouchiness etc, or some hormonal imbalance due to being pg...
I slept on BOi's floor last night, to try and stem the screaming.
He will sleep calmly in his own room. we will get there.
I'm pissed off with DH though. (AF grouchiness or..?) but he just seems to be so negative about everything. No matter what I say, he'll diss it. it's small things, like I mentioned that the radiator can be noisy in BOi's room sometimes, we should bleed it as it can't help. Straightaway he bites with "It's not that that's waking him!" - I am aware of that, but we should do it anyway as it can't help. But it's to everything I say. And he's just negative. He's really pissed off that BOi isn't sleeping. Why? What's the point? being grouchy about it won't change it. better to be calm and loving and think - this will pass - and it will. He growled the other night something about having another baby when this one won't sleep. I wanted to tell him to leave. The more he is negative, the more I think I don't want this in my life. I want to be around positive happy people. I don't want people dragging me down. Like you Northern, I work full time, long hours, and by the time you've had an hour with the LO and then got him settled in bed, cooked, put a wash on, filled the dishwasher, had a quick tidy around, etc etc - there's nothing left of the day. So I can well do without someone being miserable around me in the hour or so before bed!
I'm going to try to get past this hormonal weekend without blowing up at him. But we may well have words. Buck up or ship out!
Must be due the AF, eh?!

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 15-Mar-13 09:51:00

mopsy good luck for today!

figgy definitely a good sign about the pay rises.

queen did you POAS? I can't believe its that time again, is your cycle very short or is time just flying?!

oi that's exactly how DH is sometimes. He's a huge worrier and let's everything stress him out, it drives me mad! I'm the opposite, I accept what I can't change and don't worry about it to the extent that we argue because he thinks I don't care, I just don't see what stressing and worrying achieves though. DD is a terrible sleeper, but tbh I wanted them close together thinking I'd rather get all the sleepless nights over with while I'm still used to not sleeping much!

northern the extra member of staff hasn't improved your workload much then? Hope you enjoyed the G&T smile

DH has gone back to work today. He got all of the units built but still has 7 to attach which will have to wait until his days off next week now. He's got doors he can put on and drawers to build in the evening until then though.such a nuisance though that if builders had finished and kitchen arrived at the start of his holiday like they were meant to we'd probably only have the tiling and painting left to do.

QueenofClean Fri 15-Mar-13 13:22:11

Oi hope things with DH get better.

Seven my cycles are 28 days but I was 5 days late last month so effectively am not due on for 5 days yet. Poas this morning anyway and bfn.

OiMissus Fri 15-Mar-13 14:43:07

Aw. The body of a newborn baby has been found in a bag in shrubbery a couple of streets away. hmm There was a note with it asking for the baby to be given an Islamic burial. Poor baby. Can't imagine what the mother must be going through. Really sad. They don't know if the baby was stillborn yet. hmmhmmhmm

mopsytop Fri 15-Mar-13 15:06:20

That's awful Oi. We are so lucky to have wanted happy babies. The poor woman. Who knows what she's been going through.

On an unrelated but more positive note, I passed my viva with only 2 minor corrections and typos. SO relieved! Was in their for 2.5 hours and had to answer a lot of questions but at the end they were so complimentary and said my thesis was really excellent. WOOHOO! All my hard work has paid off!

mopsytop Fri 15-Mar-13 15:07:21

and I do actually know the difference between 'their' and 'there' <embarrassed face>

Figgygal Fri 15-Mar-13 15:11:36

oi that is horrible poor baby angry

oi I'm also with u on the maddening dh front whenever I've asked him to do anything today and I mean literally watch DS while I go to loo or tell me what he wants for dinners this week/check the shopping list he is moaning he's working yet every time I go past he's on the Internet or spent 20 minutes on the phone to his mum talking football. I asked him whether he wanted me to go shopping while ds asleep as nothing in for lunch but it had to be on knowledge if DS woke he'd have to look after him and stop working until I got back he went on a rant about fact he's working so I said fine I'll wait so of course he moaned he was hungry and on and on it went in circles until I just walked out. It's so petty He's also negative and worrying about things constantly I used to like it as we very different people and it meant he took care of most things but maybe ive grown up as now it drives me mad and just comes across as self indulgent wallowing. I expect this shall continue all day angry

Sorry qoc give it a few more days maybe you'll get your bfp

Figgygal Fri 15-Mar-13 15:45:42

Just noticed the cross post with mopsy.....well done you grin

QueenofClean Fri 15-Mar-13 17:51:30

Mopsy Well Done you grin

Oi I've seen that report on Sky news. So sad sad when are you thinking of poas?

Figgy hope things improve with your DH. Can you have a chat with him when Figgyboy is in bed? About everything that has bothered you today?!

I will poas day I'm due now.

Faffin Fri 15-Mar-13 20:19:17

Congratulations mopsy grin

Hurray Mopsy! You'd done all the hard work already anyway, and were being carried along by the good vibes of the Dec '11 crew- how could you fail grin?

Aethelfleda Fri 15-Mar-13 21:11:52

<HUUUGE pompoms> for YoucancallmeDrMopsy. well done !!!!

sad for abandoned babies and sad mummies.

Have a good weekend everybody.... dunno about gin tonight, I'm thinking a cheeky glass of vino

Oh, I completely get where you're coming from Oi. It was one of DP's inherited from his bloody awful family traits, just being snarky and negative, and it's taken me years to try and beat it out of him...
Sod the miserable attitude, can't bear that in people.

Haven't seen it yet re the baby, how terrible sad.

Just watching Big Bang and looking on Rightmove for possibilities...

Figgygal Sat 16-Mar-13 07:53:20

Zombie mode today DS didn't want his dinner last night do he was awake a lot over night as was hungry he's now rampaging in his monster inc pjs.

Dh is off birding until 2pm it is very wet outside so I think we will just stay in and catch up on last nights comic relief DS is off to PIL tonight as we are going out for dh birthday we will be picking him up tomorrow lunchtime hope he sleeps well.

QueenofClean Sat 16-Mar-13 08:05:52

I sympathise Northern. DH was like this before but since we've had a good chat he is a lot more helpful and is very positive about things and more forthcoming now.

Felt absolutely wiped yesterday an still not great today as Sky was up in the night. What happened to those couple of months where she slept thru?

Taking my energy sap and nausea to be a good thing but I know I'm nauseous because I'm tired but never mind positive thinking

SilverSnake Sat 16-Mar-13 14:38:35

Afternoon everyone grin

Congrats Mopsy grin

I have had a cough since xmas and im so feed up of it now. To help get rid of it dh took the kids to the party last night with help from MIL so I got two hours sleep on my on in a quait house. It was bloody fantastic I even stared out blush
Then this morning I have staied in bed till 2pm when dh has the kids downstair. The kids will go to sunday lunch with PIL tomoro so I can get more sleep and get rid of this cough.

Im so run down at the moment I just need to get better. Im still bf Hope every 30 mins or so and now cosleeping so she feeds at night. its draining.

OiMissus Sat 16-Mar-13 21:21:55

Well done dr mopsy! Congratulations!

OiMissus Sun 17-Mar-13 19:32:32

Did I kill the thread?!
I'm off to Americky tomorrow, back Friday. Not started packing yet... BOi is fighting sleep.
If I don't meet AF whilst out there, I'll POAS on Saturday, perhaps. Although I've no idea when I'm due. But I've been grouchy for days...

Xiaoxiong Sun 17-Mar-13 19:38:57

Congrats Dr Mopsy! That's amazing to get through with just two minor corrections and then to be congratulated - well done!!

Poor SS - are you taking a good multivitamin? I've definitely noticed I start feeling run down and the energy levels while breastfeeding can dip unless I'm taking one. I'm not sure what it is I'm low on but certainly I notice the difference if I stop taking it (maybe iron?)

Sorry to hear about the negative DH traits northern and figgy and oi. I would find that unbearable - I have very little patience for negativity and in fact sometimes DH tells me "I'm going to say something now and just want a little moan and a wallow in self-pity, I'll snap out of it in a minute." Otherwise I jump in and make helpful suggestions or give him a verbal kick up the bum.

DS still food refusing, except HIPP toddler meals. I even tried to make an exact replica of one and he wouldn't have it. He'll eat fruit, yoghurt, breadsticks and cheese so I figure he won't starve but god, it's hard to hide the frustration. I'm trying all the ideas you guys gave and will persevere.

DH and I have had a TERRIBLE parenting moment and between us managed to butcher DS's lovely blonde hair. It is so utterly bad we can't even really be upset about it and we're both at fault so we just have to laugh helplessly at each other about how shit we are at haircuts and never ever attempt to cut his hair again. Tomorrow I will find a hairdresser to rescue him from our terrible handiwork ASAP.

It has been in his eyes like a sheepdog for a while so this morning while I was in the shower DH went at it with the nail scissors. When I came down DH had kept cutting and cutting his fringe in an attempt to get it straight that he had a wonky mullet, so then I tried to get rid of that by chasing him to even up the back as he ran away screaming. Needless to say poor old DS now looks like a medieval monk that's been tonsured with a blunt hatchet. I sent a picture of him to my lovely MIL and she texted back "[DH's brother] is horrified and thinks his head will have to be shaved. But I think he's still the best looking boy in ten streets!" grin

CheungFun Sun 17-Mar-13 19:59:36

Well done Mopsy how nice when all the hard work has paid off smile

Haha Xiao we did exactly the same to DS's fringe before Christmas....opps! We took him to the hairdresser and she couldn't make it look right, but it looked a lot better! We are just debating whether to let his hair grow a bit or whether to get him another (professional) haircut in a few weeks!

I think we are all sloooowly getting over our colds, but omg I feel like it's taking such a long time!

We've had a lazy weekend, which we've definitely needed!

Hope you have a good time away Oi, you must be expert at packing a suitcase now grin

Oh that made me laugh Xiao! any chance of a pic on here? Sorry to hear about DS and the food still; we're going through a period of it here, toast, fruit and yoghurt, and pasta seem to be all that he'll eat here. He won't eat banana if you put cut up bits in front of him, but peel it and hold it like you're going to eat it yourself and he'll scoff the lot hmm

Good luck in America Oi, your company really don't like you to be in this country for more than a couple of weeks at a time, do they?

Hope you start to feel a bit better Silver, you do sound run down.

This weekend has just disappeared; out for lunch with friends yesterday, then off to Dad/family over in Herts. They had forgotten to tell me that my Dad was taking me out for dinner, so I arrived in scruffy jeans and cardie and a state of bemusement! But had a lovely time, and all came back here today to spend time with DS and DP...

QueenofClean Sun 17-Mar-13 20:12:07

sad hell of a weekend with Darcie. Will be glad to go to work tomorrow.

DH gets shouted at by me a lot lately and it's not even his fault. DD1 has just said she feels he's her step dad ( which technically he is) and it upset him as in our eyes he is her 'Daddy' as he has always been in her life and took on the responsibility of being her parent from day 1 and she's never know any difference. Don't know how to tackle that one and now he's got in a strop with me sad

Not sure when to poas as due on weds.

Xiaoxiong Sun 17-Mar-13 20:56:24

Ok Northern, your wish is my command. Note that you can only see the front (DH's handiwork). The back is, if I do say so myself, slightly worse blush But that was because when DH did the front he was sitting in his highchair and when I did the back he was running away from me around the dining room table shrieking...

Oh no Cheung say it ain't so, I've been absolutely counting on a hairdresser fixing it and making it look alright again!!! I suppose you're right and once we've hacked it all off there's not much they can do until it grows back... Oh well, never again! Only professionals will touch my PFB's hair!

Queen I'm sorry it's tough for you at the moment with DH and Darcie. I have no advice, just sympathy and a listening ear. I'd POAS every day between now and this time next week but I'm terrible at suspense blush

Xiaoxiong Sun 17-Mar-13 20:57:53

PS that weird thing in the foreground of the picture is a breadstick in his fist, ie. all he would eat for dinner until I nuked a Hipp toddler meal...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now