Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2011 - Learning to accept our babies are toddlers

(881 Posts)
ClimbingPenguin Mon 18-Feb-13 12:51:17

New thread

I've hired someone to get all our babies to sleep while we go get sloshed in the corner

<hands out wine>

Engelsemama Fri 10-May-13 15:14:47

Thanks pen

Hope the scan went well chesh

CheshireDing Fri 10-May-13 19:32:05

Mummy how would you get over 3 though showing up on the scan ??!!!!

Scan went well, only 10 weeks though (we thought it was about 12) so too small for the NT measurements etc at the moment. Only one in there thankfully grin and all looks okay so far.

Glad scan went well chesh

Good god 3! duck how on earth would you get your head round that!

You pg ladies are starting to make me broody again! But weirdly it feels different to when I wanted W more like I would like to give him a sibling than a desperate baby want. Would like to experience a more 'normal' pg though (I know there's never any guarantee of that!) it's probably a moot point anyway I'm not sure if DH wants another (we probably need a proper talk at some point) and even if he does I'm not sure if we can afford it!

sassy34264 Sat 11-May-13 09:31:30

chesh Glad everything good with the scan. When are you due again?

When i got told there was 2 in there, i was laughing and crying at the same time. So much so, that she told me she couldn't get a proper scan cos i was wobbling too much. blush It was a mixture of complete joy and absolutely terrified. (telling me there was a bleed between them, probably didn't help)

I think crying would be the overriding emotion, if i'd been told 3! wink

ipswichwitch Sat 11-May-13 23:18:20

Glad the scan was all good chesh, got mw appointment on tues so hopefully get my scan through soon (think I'm about 9 weeks).

N started joining words together. Went to see MIL today and when we passed her car on the drive he said "ammar car" and gave the car a hug!

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sun 12-May-13 20:36:16

Glad scan went well, good luck for yours next ips smile

I'm in middle of last minute packing for our holiday tomorrow. Getting excited! S finally settled down to sleep about 30 mins ago so I can get everything done. I've got mini DVD player, pens, colouring book and 2 sticker books for the plane journey. Praying its enough!!! Our flight isn't till 12.30pm so I'm hoping we can get on, she can have something to eat then go for nap. Will be an early start tomorrow so I'm hoping for a longer sleep as by then she will be knackered. Fingers crossed wink. 7 hours plane journey then 4 hours in car. Eeeeek confused

ClimbingPenguin Sun 12-May-13 21:10:48

duck you'll be fine going IME (we had 11 hour flight, two hour car). Jet lag normally hits coming back and most people are happy for toddling.

Good luck!!

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sun 12-May-13 22:20:51

Thanks climbing. Yes last year coming home her sleep was dreadful for a week!!!

LittlePebble Mon 13-May-13 07:12:52

Mummy good luck for your hols envyhope S sleeps.

Cheshire so pleased scan went well. Ips good luck with yours.

I'm so envious of all you pg ladies, DH and I have spent the last 8 months going backwards and forwards over DC2. I'm desperate for a second and he didn't want one hmm

We seem to have made progress though and he's come round to the idea slowly, fingers crossed I am hoping to come off the pill at the end of the month (bar no major melt downs from DH).

Imagine though if I got pg with twins it'd finish him off grin

Penguin how is new job?

PenelopeLane Mon 13-May-13 07:32:02

Have a fab time mummy and good luck on the plane!

LP I hope the conversations with your DH go well, it's so frustrating when you want different things.

I had my 20 week scan today and was surprised to find out that it's a girl!I was so sure it was a boy I said 'are you sure?' thus completing my track record of always being wrong with gender guesses (all my nieces and nephew have been wrong guesses too)

Engelsemama Mon 13-May-13 08:09:50

Back from England ;ate last night. Letting M sleep in (can hjust ehar him waking up now).

have a great holiday Duck

Raining here. heading out soon for hv meeting. I hate unpacking sad

BBL

Have a great holiday duck

How exciting pen grin glad the scan went well, you can have fun picking girls names now!

Wish me luck my cars in for its MOT today. Poor thing has failed before its started as the bonnet won't open. Hoping garage can fix it and it will pass the rest. I'm so nervous it's rediculous!

PenelopeLane Mon 13-May-13 09:31:16

Good luck for the car SP! We have to take ours soon as well. Ug. That time of year always rolls around too quickly.

TallyBear Mon 13-May-13 14:15:24

Glad scans went well Cheshire and Pen. How exciting.

Enjoy your hols Duck and Duckling Where are you going again?

Straw hope the car passed.

Seb's words are really coming on, although his pronunciation has something to be desired!! His favourite words at the moment are beep beep (pronounced beebee), neenaw, uh-oh, dup dair ('Up stairs), tick tock (when he sees a clock) and car. He also says gog-geee when he sees or hears a dog. He copies us with words sometimes, when he feels like it!

The other day at lunch he pointed to dh and said 'daddee' and then pointed to me and said 'mummee'. He's called us that before but not like that. Cue proud parents...

It passed! Only needed an oil top up and new wiper blades. Apparently they used pliars to pull the bonnet release and it opened so that's good enough. Can't quite believe it, only cost £84 in total I was expecting hundreds!

tally W says beebee for beep beep too I think the 'p' sound must be difficult he calls his key worker 'age' (she's Paige).

TallyBear Wed 15-May-13 14:20:44

Hello? Anyone there?

I think Seb said strawberries! Well, 'bawbee' but he was pointing to them at the time.

LittlePebble Wed 15-May-13 16:40:59

Hi Tally wine To strawberries!

MrsHende Wed 15-May-13 17:26:22

Hello!

Talking about talking, DH just said to me that he thinks L said this morning "I have two shoes"!!

The man's deluded!

(She can say shoes "soos", and can count to 8, but she's only reciting the numbers, not actually counting!)

It's nice he has such faith in her though!

MummyDuckAndDuckling Wed 15-May-13 21:14:05

Yay, congrats on the news of baby girl! How lovely smile

ips, chesh are you planning on finding out the sex?

Hope you had a lovely trip engels

We arrived in Canada in one piece grin. Plane wasn't toooo bad wink. Flight was full so no chance of an extra seat but we made do! It's bloody roasting but im not complaining . S has been in and out of paddling pool all day and is now having a nap in just her nappy. Going from to many layers a few days ago in Scotland to stripping off!

Yay for all the words!! S said 'naked' clear as day yesterday! Most random hmm

Glad flight went ok duck enjoy your holiday smile

FIL came for a visit yesterday and dropped off boxes of some of DH's old toys do us to sort through for W. While he was here he also announced that he is leaving MIL to go and live in Wales with another woman shock

Took W to soft play with a bouncy castle for the first time yesterday and he loved it! Spent most of his time on the castle saying 'bounce bounce' and grinning.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Thu 16-May-13 12:47:43

shock Strawberry!!

LittlePebble Thu 16-May-13 13:14:29

Ooh I missed the post about a girl! Yay pen how lovely.

Strawberry shock what did your DH say?

Duck lol at naked! Very envy of you in the sun.

I was putting W to bed while they had that particular chat pebble so I don't know exactly what was said. DH is being quite stoic and saying its between his parents but I think is quite worried about MIL who has some health issues that are only going to get worse. Long term we would like her to move closer to us (SIL nearby too) but it will have to be her choice she's a proud lady but practical so I think once she's come to terms with things she might. It's hard to know what to say to her because she won't want sympathy.

PenelopeLane Thu 16-May-13 21:01:08

A's new charming sentence was, after passing wind twice, yelling "Atai two fart!"

Glad the flight went well to Canada duck

strawberry shock re your FIL! Hope it works out ok

grin at A pen that's awesome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now