Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2011 - Learning to accept our babies are toddlers

(881 Posts)
ClimbingPenguin Mon 18-Feb-13 12:51:17

New thread

I've hired someone to get all our babies to sleep while we go get sloshed in the corner

<hands out wine>

sassy34264 Fri 05-Apr-13 00:47:29

Cheshire and pen its not restricted to 4 year olds. Jacob likes to get 'nekid' at 2. grin

Running round yesterday after taking his clothes off, with the metal extention from the hoover. Looked like something out of lord of the FLIES

DOH

MummyDuckAndDuckling Fri 05-Apr-13 07:50:06

Boys sound fun grin. S likes to run round naked after a bath doing all sorts of crazy dance moves and hitting her tummy blush

Cheshire - I'm requesting them as I feel that night she was born there was so much going on that I don't even remember half of it. I tried to make mental notes of times that things happened but there is a period of about 3 hours when my mind is just blank. Also I'm just really curious to read them all smile
Pebble - I just had to write to the record department at the hospital who then sent me a form to fill out and post back. Should take about 40 days to receive and won't cost anymore than £50. It's something like 30p per sheet copied but is capped at £50.

Pen - so exciting!! Ill hear how you get on as ill be doing an 8hr flight next month to Canada with S. I bought a travel DVD player last month as I know she will sit for half hour to watch an episode of Mickey Mouse etc. sticker books have been a hit recently too in that if I peel them off, she likes to go through the pages to find one she likes to then put it on. Hoping that might kill another 10/15 mins grin Good luck wink

LittlePebble Fri 05-Apr-13 08:12:57

Sticker books are a good idea duck E spent twenty minutes peeling a sticker off an apple the other day.

E likes to get naked too....he likes to run away as soon as the nappy is off, which results in shouts of "weapon out" and a frenzied dash between DH and I to try and get him before he wees everywhere. grin

Engelsemama Fri 05-Apr-13 15:42:49

M has been driving me crazy ALL DAY! All he wants to do is pull things off the bookshelf and garb the phone. Aaaaaargh!

I tried to do a footprint/handprint earlier with paint for his opa's birthday on Sunday. All I ended up with was a blue splodge and a fight to get the bloody stuff off (so M now has blue toenails on one foot). How do they do it at nursery??!!! Still, at least I had the sense of mind to put him in his high chair when I was doing it so I didn't end up with blue footprints all round the house.

Great flying tips. Am really not sure how we're going to manage in July with 2 12 hour flights to get to NZ. Good luck pen and have a great holiday.

Engelsemama Fri 05-Apr-13 15:44:08

Pebble grin at "weapon out" and sassy at LOTF!

Duck you've made me want to re-read my birth story.

Engelsemama Fri 05-Apr-13 15:46:07

sassy could you put some of that horrible anti-biting nails stiff on her thumb nail?

cheshire grin he man noises! If M picks up his playmobile lion he starts growling smile

MummyDuckAndDuckling Fri 05-Apr-13 18:34:45

Isn't this such a wonderfully funny age! grin weapons out made me lol!

Had a funny moment earlier with S. had bread spare so I said to her we would go to the park and feed the birds and ducks. I stopped in the garden to hang up washing first and she's toddling about holding the bread bag shouting 'birdies CATCH!!!!' I was like 'just throw it S, they will eat it later' and she's just wandering about looking up for birds who want to catch! Needless to say, no birds wanted to catch grin

LittlePebble Fri 05-Apr-13 18:40:44

grin Mummy that's very cute! E has only grasped mummy in the last week, we are a long way away from words like birdies and catch!

pebble W has only got mummy in the last week too he's been calling me and DH daddy grin

We went to feed the ducks at the park at the weekend Duck W had more luck than S though our local ones get fed so much most will come and take bread from your hand he thought it was great.

W's latest is big splashes in the bath while yelling something close to 'splash' he loves it and whoever is doing bath time ends up soaked! Still hates having his hair washed though

pebble W has only got mummy in the last week too he's been calling me and DH daddy grin

We went to feed the ducks at the park at the weekend Duck W had more luck than S though our local ones get fed so much most will come and take bread from your hand he thought it was great.

W's latest is big splashes in the bath while yelling something close to 'splash' he loves it and whoever is doing bath time ends up soaked! Still hates having his hair washed though

TallyBear Fri 05-Apr-13 21:06:37

Hi all, feel like I've been out for ages. Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. Is the wine still going around? I'll have a top-up please! (As I've recently joined slimming world I can only have virtual wine sad. And no chocolate sadsad) Seb got given loads - why? why? why? dh having to eat it all.

Cheshire - Congratulations!!! flowers
Like most of the others Seb is still in sleeping bag/no pillow. He ends up all over the place, usually squashed in a corner of his cot. We use a blanket for naps but I have to go up once he's asleep and cover him up.

We've booked to go to Cyprus in September so keep the flying tips coming. Outward night flight (ahhh). We're going with two other (childless) couples for a wedding, which starts at 7pm shock. Humm, will be interesting.

Engles Seb always has to be brought back to me for a goodbye kiss at the childminders! The minute I put him down he is off to join in the fun grin. At least they enjoy it.

Mummy DH photocopied all our notes before we had to give them back. Handy, if we can ever work out how to decipher some of the handwriting!

I'm sure I've missed things....

AwkwardAnnie Sun 07-Apr-13 09:30:49

Hi ladies, I'm updating from hospital. Before Christmas I was diagnosed with gall stones, usually I manage the attacks at home, but Thursday night it was too much. I phoned 111 and they sent an ambulance. I had g&a, then lots of drugs in hospital and on Monday they're going to operate to take out my gallbladder.

DD has gone to MIL's after coming to hospital to see I was okay, she was very worried. Seth after 2 rotten nights with DH has gone to my mums. Poor boy has lost his milk supply and doesn't know how to sleep without it.

They pondered leaving me a few weeks as the pain is intermittent, but I've put up with it for about 4 years now and I've had enough. Plus we're going on holiday at the end of the month and I don't want to be worrying about it.

As for sleeping bags, S has a fleece sleep suit with legs in now rather than sleeping bags, he'd grown out of them and it's easier for him to walk. No pillows though, he moves round the cot too much.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sun 07-Apr-13 09:49:09

Aww Annie, hope things are sorted soon thanks

sassy34264 Sun 07-Apr-13 12:24:20

Oh no Annie

Big hugs. Hope you get it sorted soon. X

I,m not in hospital but layed up in bed for the 2nd day running. Phoned 111 myself yesterday, was told to get myself to the emergency docs within 2 hours. Phoned them up and got an appointment for 6 hours later. [Hmm]

I've got a uterus infection. I could go downstairs but the kids jump on me and I can't stop myself from changing nappies etc and then I get worse pain. plus i figured i'd milk it for all its worth

Got breakfast in bed this morning. shock

Who replaced my dp with this sympathetic, understanding, empathetic one?

<looks around bewildered >

Hope you feel better soon annie and sassy thanks

Engelsemama Sun 07-Apr-13 13:09:25

Get well soon sassy and annie thanks

sassy34264 Sun 07-Apr-13 15:39:27

I'm up and about, took pain killers that are helping. Thanks.

Dp is playing nursery rhymes on his iphone for eva, which we discovered kept them quiet in italy. Good form of entertainment on a plane/travelling maybe?

Anything by myvoxsongs and supersimplesongs. Eva squeals at the twinkle twinkle song with the owl. grin

sassy34264 Sun 07-Apr-13 15:53:53

Sorry forgot to say it's on youtube!

TallyBear Sun 07-Apr-13 19:42:38

Aw Annie and Sassy Get well soon flowers

Sat in A&E with a very hot W his temp got to 40.2 after calpol so we thought better safe than sorry. Been here since 7 though starting to think we should have just put him to bed and kept a close eye! And A&E is boiling!

ClimbingPenguin Sun 07-Apr-13 20:45:43

Good luck, hopefully he'll be OK. Have they given you some drugs while you have been waiting?

This age is tricky, DD had a 40 fever at this age but was otherwise alright. FWIW calpol does nothing for neither of my two regarding fevers.

MummyDuckAndDuckling Sun 07-Apr-13 20:49:40

Aww strawb, hope W ok. Yes, gp friend told me that ibuprofen is better for fever. Only had to give it to S once for a temp and that was her first tooth and it brought it down fast. Hope they have gave you something while waiting!

Well we're back home at last. They did us ibuprofen while we were waiting and calpol once he was due another dose so not all bad I guess. Diagnosed with Tonsilitus (spelling!?) but we still have to collect a wee sample and take it to GP in the morning just to rule out UTI as well given his kidney history. They wanted us to stay until he urinated tonight but he clearly wasn't going to!

He did get proper drugs to start taking though - penecilin let's hope he doesn't react horribly to it he's not had it before!

Engelsemama Mon 08-Apr-13 08:21:09

Hope W is doing better this morning strawb .

BIL called last night to say that he's bringing over the tower and slide from their garden for M (their boys are too big for it now). Will have to be stored in garage until plot is ready (full of rubbish right now and needs to be paved) and M is currently scared of all slides and playground equipment but still very excited grin PLus DH actually started the gate on saturday so one step closer to a M-proof garden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now