Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Guess what we were doing this time last year

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 13-Feb-13 21:30:34
Passmethecrisps Thu 14-Feb-13 14:29:16

Nobody's last words will be "I wish I'd had a cleaner house"

ThankfulBagofPeacefulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 14:47:48

Damn straight pass

Dixiebell Thu 14-Feb-13 14:48:02

Sophia, Pikz, I'm in NE Hants - Liphook. Anyone else nearby?

Dixiebell Thu 14-Feb-13 14:48:44

I'm currently thankful for West Wing. 3 episodes today so far...!

ChunkyChicken Thu 14-Feb-13 15:02:30

Ok, so I'm looking for reasons why I might be feeling sick & faint other than the following;
1) snot - don't have more than usual
2) not eating/drinking enough - have had the usual which embarrassingly means 2-3 cups of decaf something & cake/biscuits. No breakfast though, which is usually had. Lunch will be dealt with soon when DD is napping & DS either fed or asleep or both...
3) pregnant. DTD 2wks ago today & haven't had a period yet, so it could be possible!!!!!! shock blush

Do ovulation sticks from a year ago work as pg tests??!!!

Once I'm done on this & with the dc, I'll catch up!! grin

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 15:08:28

I'm thankful that I seem to have managed some will power apart from at 4.30am when the milky way roll was shouting my name and thus far today I've eaten 2 slices of seeded loaf toasted, 3 slices of proper ham, a banana, and my afternoon snack of ryvita and salsa.

It might be a lot, but it's better than I was doing. No fizzy pop either. Yay.

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 15:11:42

Okay. Confession time. DP and I confesses that in the night when we get up to make a feed, while the kettle is boiling we always raid re fridge. Can't help ourselves! It's as if we need an energy boost to get us through the feed!

Usually when I get up in the morning I don't eat for the first 2 hours, so no idea why in the middle of the night it's different!

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 15:13:17

Stupid iPhone angry.

MissMummy1 Thu 14-Feb-13 15:15:10

DSis has taken M for a walk around the village. I know she will be absolutely fine but I can't relax confused

Managed to keep down a slice of toast. Might attempt a yoghurt.

Despite saying we werent doing valentines day (still waiting for last years IOU puppy!) DP bought me tulips (keep your roses, I LOVE tulips!) and Lily OBrien desert chocs grin . He has improved so much on the thoughtful present front. I bought him nothing (as agreed...) and woke him up choking on my own vom blush envy . Do I win award for worst partner???

ChunkyChicken Thu 14-Feb-13 15:27:50

Thankful that DH is listening to me & seems to be trying to be thoughtful/loving/considerate generally not crap and even bought me a box of chocs.

Thankful both dc are usually easy <touches wood, crosses fingers & generally hopes fate & the gods are on holiday/not listening/reading MN>

Not thankful for paranoia slight concern I might be pg... Just low blood sugar or something I'm sure!!

Mums of DDs, possibly older ones. Any of them ever get thrush as youngsters? DDs vulva area looks really red & sore (although she isn't bothered I don't think), but we've not done anything unusual - same nappies, wipes etc & the rest of her looks ok, nappy rash free etc. She's had 2 courses of antibiotics since Christmas. Could it be thrush?

ChunkyChicken Thu 14-Feb-13 15:28:33

mm & glenda feel better soon x

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 15:29:52

Fuck bollocks and shit. Checked bank. Bad times. Have to break in to saved stuff probably. Was really hopeful we wouldn't have to do it this month as already paid for car repairs from it (£200) and got to pay for 2x car tax (£200 again) and MOT repairs if needed (£fuckknows). And this next month is my worst month for mat pay, its £700 less than usual wage.

Fucking fuck. Really didn't want to have to use it this month. We have £100 to last 8 days. We need food, and possibly petrol. So that should be enough, but it is half term next week, and 10 year olds are expensive when bored. hmm

<Tries to think of free activities to do>

StuntNun Thu 14-Feb-13 15:41:52

Chunky yes ovulation sticks work as pregnancy tests since the lutenising hormone they detect is structurally similar to hCG (pregnancy hormone). Also I had vaginal thrush as a child and antibiotics would certainly be a likely culprit for causing that. You probably won't get anything over the counter, may need to see the GP.

Why does J scream and scream when he's sleepy? I thought he was in pain just now until he fell asleep upright in my arms. He woke up when I tried to put him down so I've put him in his cot with his dummy in and the mobile in. He's clutching my finger but showing no signs of going to sleep. Still I suppose this is the start of sleep training. Hopefully he'll develop sleep associations with the cot and the mobile for daytime sleep.

ChunkyChicken Thu 14-Feb-13 15:45:04

Thanks stunt. May POAS later - although if its because I am ovulating, that could be a bit confusing...hmm. And I'll see how it is later, whether I can get an appt for tomorrow or next wk. Otherwise its down the walk-in at 8am for DH wink

ChunkyChicken Thu 14-Feb-13 15:46:21

Oh and the over-tired scream? Torture for you. Like when toddlers get hyper when tired. DD still hasn't dropped off by the sounds of it angry

PurplePidjin Thu 14-Feb-13 15:48:41

Dixie I'm SW Hants, we could do Hedge End Marks?

Det swimming, park, country walk, junk modelling, friend to play, baking, make a movie (film on phone)??

StuntNun Thu 14-Feb-13 15:49:30

We were the same last month Detective, my DH is rubbish with money, I tell him we're skint and he just keeps spending but puts it on the credit card <facepalm>. Free things to do: would your DS1 help you make a meal; Monopoly day (always takes hours); pyjama day watching DVDs; go out somewhere for a walk and feed the ducks; go to the pet shop to look at cute hamsters and bunnies (our nearest has two huge albino pythons - very cool); picnic; computer games championship e.g. Super Mario Kart; try and teach yourselves origami.

StuntNun Thu 14-Feb-13 15:51:31

Oh yeah PP there's a Lego app for filmmaking, you don't have to use Lego though.

J is lying in his cot now but isn't asleep. Parenting fail.

Pikz Thu 14-Feb-13 15:54:58

Dixie that's where my mum lives!

We could do a hants meet up grin

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 16:07:41

Thanks for the ideas! DS1 thinks he is too cool for toys now hmm so would literally spend the whole week on the xbox or watching tv.

He thinks it's boring doing ANYTHING in the house!!

Mind you he likes cooking so that's an option! Dog walking could work.

Could take him with me to baby groups. He likes anything that involves playing with O!

PetiteRaleuse Thu 14-Feb-13 16:09:23

Chunky both DD1 and LO get thrush. DD1 current,y has it in her mouth from anyibiotics. LO has it down below in her thigh folds right now, from I don't know what, though possibly the post c section antibiotics I had when I was still bfing. Plenty of things cause thrush, but antibiotics are a major culprit.

GTbaby Thu 14-Feb-13 16:09:49

Chunky! Do it. Come join me on October 13 thread! Not that I'm doing much chatting there!

Got into my first choice hospital. Woop ! Breast feeding support is meant to be very good grinfirst appointment is nxt Saturday.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 14-Feb-13 16:32:39

I'm thankful I did double mac and cheese last night so don't have to cook tonight. All plans for Valentine meal went out the window with the last load of snot sucked from DD1's nose. Leftovers it is.

ThankfulBagofPeacefulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 16:39:31

Great news on the hospital and bf support GT. Was just thinking today that I missed your middle of the night posts. How're you feeling?

glendathefedupwitch Thu 14-Feb-13 16:44:32

Managed to take ds to have 2 teeth out in prep for his braces next month - nearly made me pass out though watching them tug at them - he's fine walking round like the godfather with balls of cotton wool in each cheek. Managed to pick up dd1 too though might have to go out to get Dottie as dh stuck at work sad I shouldn't go to London tomorrow even if better should I?? 48 hours before I'm clear?? Boooo miss my lil bro

How am I going to look after Dottie when I feel sooooo pants and crappy?? I can still bf can't I? Hope she doesn't get it that would be crap!!!

In other news - I can really notice a difference in my tattoo already woooooo it was a bit itchy last night but is fine today.

chunky ooohhhh heck - I panicked like a don't know what the other day when I did the test - weird going from having 14 years trying for babies and desperate for a bfp to being absolutely petrified would be end of the world of one!!!! Hope you get the result you want xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.