Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2012... PELVIC FLOORS!

(1000 Posts)
Londonmrss Wed 13-Feb-13 16:47:22

Ready...
Steady...
And squeeze!

Thechick Fri 08-Mar-13 13:25:46

Cwest30 2 early babies. I really don't think I could handle it, but I suppose you just do!! I take my hat off to you!!

Wooly thanks for the welcome (back) yes, I read back and saw that there was talk about it. Not sure if the putting the head in the mattress thing is something he'll grow out of. I'm hoping so!!

Thechick Fri 08-Mar-13 13:28:08

Im sorry to hear that some of you are having a hard time of things. Life can be so hard with just one, without siblings being thrown in the mix.

Londonmrss Fri 08-Mar-13 13:34:35

cwest any news on Naomi's head scan thingy? hope all is well.

CWest30 Fri 08-Mar-13 16:39:36

the chick yep, I had them both at 34 weeks by ELCS as a natural birth at full term is deemed unsafe for me due to medical conditions. Both were on CPAP (breathing machine) and both were in Special Care, DS for 2 weeks as he couldn't regulate his body temp, and DD for 3 weeks as we couldn't get her to feed. I was put to sleep for the birth of DS, but last yr was allowed to be awake for the birth of DD (amazing, but I feel HUGE guilt I didn't have that bonding time with DS.) It was hard enough being seperated from them both during their time on Special Care and they weren't even sick just tiny and not ready to be at home. I've never cried so much in my life! Would love to hear your story if you want to share it that is smile

London thank you, no news yet. Some days her head looks huge, others it doesn't. Just got to wait for the appointment I guess. However a VERY helpful toddler at a play zone the other day loudly exclaimed to me that "SHE'S GOT A BIG HEAD!" Out of the mouths of babes, eh?!

Beccus Fri 08-Mar-13 22:55:56

yomping, so pleased self settling is improving & u sound like u r coping really well during the times when it all gets too much.
welcome back, thechick
angelico, so sorry about ur uncle. good luck at the funeral.
our news - dd remains 2 centiles below birth weight....hv not that bothered, happy to 'monitor' & i'm continuing with ebf. sleep regression has mostly been wake up time getting earlier, edging back from 7/8 to 3/4. she goes back to bed fairly easily after a feed, but is pretty much up for the day 6/630. checking out nurseries....for me to go back
p/t, i need to prepare for the possibility i may need to go back f/t initially & i will need to be flexible about what days i go in....so i need a v. flexible nursery. i think i've found one, but my 1st choice is too popular to accomodate all my requirements. c'est la vie - better to have mummy working manageable hrs & dd in a crappier nursery than her going to the whizz bang one but with me knackered all the time.
i'm sick again after just getting over horrid cold sad

OctoberOctober Fri 08-Mar-13 23:22:44

crazy. I just wanted to quickly say that is bloody hard work with two, v physically demanding, you are not alone... I have felt exactly the same this week, think this weather isn't helping either.

yomping well done for seeking out help when you needed it, that takes courage.

hufflepuffle Sat 09-Mar-13 05:56:34

crazy you poor sod. Leaving car open is like something I'd do. And I only have one child. Hope Saturday is better than Friday.

Yomping my admiration is huge.

Sympathies to fellow night wakers. Do u do last feed at night and think "hmm, this might be his/her first sleep thru, l

hufflepuffle Sat 09-Mar-13 06:00:39

Oooooops, too quick

...... This might be first sleep thru, look how asleep they are, hope my boobs ok without night feeds......" Ha ha ha. The deluded notion, as I sit here on 4th (or maybe 5th) feed from 8pm. !!!!!! And I am working today. Sigh.... I blamed previous night on tummy pains due to 4 days with no poo. Did poo, still poor.

At least I'm laughing about it. It will come. I know it!

FirstTimeForEverything Sat 09-Mar-13 07:35:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Londonmrss Sat 09-Mar-13 08:31:09

Third day of waking at 3am for the day. Back to sleep at half 5, woke up at 6. Knackered. Thought we'd hit the 4 month sleep bollocks last week, but it's just getting worse. Poo.

CWest30 Sat 09-Mar-13 09:19:55

Don't know if its coz her tummy was fuller with the rusk but had the first full nights sleep in over a week. DD slept 8 til 5:40, then with dummy went back off til 6:45. smile happy mummy thank you sweetie xxx

Londonmrss Sat 09-Mar-13 11:12:13

Facebook group seems to be more active than this thread now. Anyone who's not in the FB group want to join? PM me if you do!

slightlyroundthebend Sat 09-Mar-13 11:30:29

Hello ladies was wondering if there is room for a little one? Strictly speaking I should be in the Sept group, but it's quiet there and you lot seem more chatty smile My ds was born 26th Sept bang on due date......still sleep regressing (god help me) actually was getting better after a tooth popped two weeks ago but now he has cold we're back to every flipping hour! Need a place to vent cry with others :$

Londonmrss Sat 09-Mar-13 17:24:57

hello slightly! you are most welcome- although it's a wee boy quiet on Herr at the mo.

smileyhappymummy Sat 09-Mar-13 17:49:43

You are very welcome! We had 6 or 7 weeks of hourly wakings, utterly hideous but last few nights have been better - every 3 hours or so....
No teeth yet for us but v red cheeks and loads of drool so who knows!

Katla Sat 09-Mar-13 17:58:51

Aargh, Erin's nice daytime nap routine is all to pot. She was awake from 7am today, totally refused to sleep despite all normal things (boob, pram). She is now soundo after I drove home (car always works) but she'll never sleep tonight. Might just let her have half an hour. She was also like this yesterday a bit - no morning nap as health visitor due so I kept her up (bloody woman late) and a short one in afternoon. Just when you think you doing well and some kind of pattern emerges - it all changes again.

Horsey I am getting to try out my new saddle tomorrow. So excited. Will need to be extra nice to my mum so she takes Erin so I can escape to ride horse. Shame it was snowing here today but nothing is going to put me off! grin

Katla Sat 09-Mar-13 18:00:37

Hello thechick and slightly - welcome!

Londonmrss Sun 10-Mar-13 07:27:01

Bollocks. I've got the flu. I now feel bad for accusing dh of having man flu last week. Turns out it was actual proper flu.

Cheesymonster Sun 10-Mar-13 08:42:47

Feel better soon londonmrss

Cavatina Sun 10-Mar-13 10:24:27

happy mummys day everyone! is an excuse to have Ferrero Rocher for breakfast!

Smorgs Sun 10-Mar-13 11:03:25

Rubbish londonmrss that sucks, my tonsillitis has turned into a heavy cold and I feel rough, can't imagine functioning with flu. Hope you're being looked after. And you too beccus

So Happy Mother's Day (or is it Mothers' Day, or just Mothers Day, or am I overthinking this??) So far I have had nothing, nada, rien. Despite DH watching me buy flowers for his and my mum on the internet the other day 'beacaue IT'S MOTHERS DAY ON SUNDAY' hint hint. My facebook this morning is full of people's pictures of their hand made cards, breakfast trays, expensive gifts (including my cousin who got a Kitchen Aid and a Mulberry iPad cover, which I think is a little excessive but then again she does work full time with a big commute, have two sons under 3 and two step children from two different mothers so I think she deserves to be spoilt, but still). DH has gone to the market with Smorglet (sitting up in his buggy for the first time today! It was getting cruel cramming him into the carrycot still) and I have the feeling he is going to come back with some slightly ropey bunch of flowers as an afterthought. I don't want anything expensive, I say this every Valentine's Day, birthday etc. I just really want some thought and a bit of creativity. Just a card with some nice words would be lovely. Maybe I am expecting too much from an engineer?

Anyway, he drove us back from Switzerland yesterday which was a 9 hour journey so I suppose I should let him off. zara your air travel advice has inspired me, I think I might post something on MN about taking babies to altitude/ski resorts what do you think? It didn't affect him at first, but the dry air finally got him and his little nose was so stuffy. Next time I am buying a humidifier to put in the room. And he definitely needed more feeds as he was getting thirsty. It was a good holiday and we were with my parents and some really nice family friends so I had lots of help, but being ill, combined with not being able to express a lot, meant I didnt actually get up the mountain a great deal. Still I am feeling so much better than a couple of weeks ago when I had my epic meltdown. Smorglet has entered his sunny phase according to the WW and it is clear to see the difference. He is sudenly such a happy, chatty little thing who loves being tickled and giggles loads. Was even giggling in his sleep yesterday - CUTE!

cherry how was your journey back? Hope being home is nice, you sounded a bit stressed a few days back. It always takes me a few days to get used to being home again.

yomping Hope you're feeling a bit better x

zara livvy horsey Not sure what mineral water French parents use. The only thing I would say is there is a trend for mineral water with lots of magnesium in it here at the moment. It tastes...slimey?! So not sure that would be great for baby. I was given some microwave steriliser bags by a friend who swears by them, but didn't really need them. I used a 'disposable' steriliser bag - 5 litre plastic bag with drawstring top that comes with two steriliser tabs already in it. You're meant to throw it away afterwards but I just kept reusing it with Milton and it worked brilliantly.

Londonmrss Sun 10-Mar-13 11:48:21

Hi all, just to clarify, when I said does anyone want to join the FB group, I specifically meant long-term posters on this thread. As our identities are revealed on Facebook, we are very careful about security so would all prefer to get to know you on here for a while. So if you've never posted on here, I won't be adding you to our Facebook group. Please don't take it personally!

FirstTimeForEverything Sun 10-Mar-13 12:23:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Zara1984 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:13:38

Y Y to that Londonmrs

Smorgs maybe we should write a piece together to submit to MNHQ eds? grin

In concerning news my period is late confused ... please god no....

DH working today... argh it's a long week with him working 6 days right now.

On a grim but practical note, do any of you have life insurance? We got wills done in January, but we don't have life insurance. Perhaps naievely we are assuming that for the time being if anything happened to us DPILs have enough cash to look after DS? Obv you don't have to go into details about your estate planning, just wondering if you all have got things like wills and life insurance.

smileyhappymummy Sun 10-Mar-13 17:48:15

Yes, we both have life insurance - Its a grim and horrible thought but should anything happen to one of us we want the other to have enough money to pay off the mortgage and have financial security - hate the thought of having to deal with something so awful as bereavement of partner / parent and simultaneously have to worry abut money or put dc in childcare more to work more just at the time when they'd need us to do the exact opposite. Wills done when we had dd1 so it's clear who we want to look after them should the worst happen to both of us. Absolutely horrendous thinking about it but makes me feel better to have done it. I am a natural born pessimist though.

This thread is not accepting new messages.