Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2013?

(292 Posts)
KeepTryin Wed 13-Feb-13 00:09:26

Is there a born in February 2013 group yet? I didn't manage to keep up with the antenatal threads so thought I'd get a head start on the postnatal threads before I've even had baby! wink

NAR4 Fri 01-Nov-13 16:24:10

When I search for that page it still comes back with 0 results. 100s of Deep a Thomas's though but haven't found one for Ascot UK. Tried the link but it didn't work either. Would join the Facebook page but can't find it, sorry.

NAR4 Fri 01-Nov-13 16:22:25

When I search for that page it still comes back with 0 results. 100s of Deep a Thomas's though but haven't found one for Ascot UK. Tried the link but it didn't work either. Would join the Facebook page but can't find it, sorry.

NAR4 Fri 01-Nov-13 16:20:47

irismom Wed 30-Oct-13 16:42:53

Sorry, I was not coming back to this page, dint see the questions about FB page. I have created an FB page called "Mumsnet Feb2013" . You can either search for that page and join or please send a friend request to Deepa Thomas. please include your username, so that I can recognize you. Would love to have you all there on Fb, so that we can share what our LOs are upto/rant/cry /share pics or what not!!

NAR4 Fri 18-Oct-13 20:18:31

All recovered from op now thanks.

Both my little ones are still dreadfully sleepers so I have now pursuaded dh to invest in a 7' wide bed so we can all co sleep in comfort. Unfortunately it takes up to 6 wks for delivery.

Who has the broken arm Cackle?

CackleALot Thu 03-Oct-13 22:21:09

Hey Nar no sleep is terrible isn't it! we ended up with the 4 of us plus a broken arm in the bed this morning! grin

On a plus note GP recognised how stressed out I am so signed me off work for 3 weeks which takes pressure off a bit.

How's your recovery nar ?

Countmyblessings Tue 01-Oct-13 08:34:42

Hi I'm also interested in the FB group!
Is it a separate group from your own personal FB?

NAR4 Mon 30-Sep-13 21:33:54

Would still be interested in the Facebook page if someone knows how to put a link on here so I can find it.

NAR4 Mon 30-Sep-13 21:31:28

cackle you sound like you are having a terrible time, I'm not surprised your head feels like its going to explode. Hope your dp makes a good recovery. What a terrible accident.

Its not just your dd who doesn't sleep well. I'm having a terrible time with my ds at the moment. He is feeding for half hour then sleeping Hale hour, all night. My 2yr old did sill gets up several times a night as well.

CackleALot Wed 25-Sep-13 21:26:27

Hi all, just popped in... irismom I've sent you a pm for fb group smile

Still having a nightmare with DD not sleeping through, she won't sleep in her cot & is up 6/7 times a night, its draining sad

I'm supposed to be back at work too but dp was involved in an off road buggy accident 4 weeks ago where he nearly lost his arm, he's been in Hosp for 3 weeks and home now, getting skin grafts & metal work to build his arm. thankfully they say he'll get most of his movement back in his hand but he has no elbow left.

its all a bit overwhelming worrying about him, looking after 2 kids, worrying about work, how to get kids to childcare & need to settle dd in to nursery still! we're having to stay with DPs family too as his hospital treatment isn't near home! feels like my head is going to explode smile

oops sorry for rant!!blush

Aldan Sun 22-Sep-13 21:38:13

No grin

NAR4 Fri 20-Sep-13 20:53:51

Its not just me then.

Aldan Wed 18-Sep-13 19:42:48

Hi
I can't access the fb group from that link???

NAR4 Fri 13-Sep-13 15:45:02

Thanks iris. I will need to do it from my computer when I have time. I normally chat on my tablet while breastfeeding, but can't cut and paste on that.

irismom Wed 11-Sep-13 19:40:43

NAR4 go to the link above and in the right hand corner, there will be a place to join. I just created that Group and there is only person joined. And haven't started talking there yet, waiting for others to join.

irismom Wed 11-Sep-13 19:30:57

https://www.facebook.com/groups/559251284122541/

NAR4 Tue 10-Sep-13 12:38:40

Sorry but I can't find the Facebook group. Can someone kindly give me dummy proof instructions. I'm useless at these things.

irismom Thu 05-Sep-13 12:51:10

mumsnet Feb2013

irismom Thu 05-Sep-13 12:50:12

* FB group - Mumsnet Feb2013-- Please join in and lets meet and chat there.. *
Thank you

irismom Tue 03-Sep-13 18:04:20

* Attention Ladies*

Anyone interested in making this a FB group. It is so quite in here, and i sometimes think, we are not getting in touch as we were doing i-n the early dayz. FB may help, as everyone has got that on phone now, and is easier.
Let me know your thoughts.. Otherwise please come everyday here, to make this more active ( just kidding ..)

Back to the FB, group, I think we need a few members as friends to start with(to create a group, need members), so please feel free to send request, to -DEEPA THOMAS, Ascot, UK- will take it from there. please mention Mumsnet, when you do so, just for me to know

Thank you all

irismom Tue 03-Sep-13 17:58:23

Nar4 that says it.
I tried with cooked carrots and the moment he grabs and half way to his mouth, it got squished and falling out of his hands. He was so frustrated and was angrily talking to carr0ts yest smile
he like to eat things like lentils and today i tried butternut squash, i put it in my hands and he tried to put in his mouth, i helped too. pureeing it is not that FUN for him. he eats. I think I will have to find more about finger foods. Off to google it smile

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 03-Sep-13 11:40:23

hello ladies - sorry to butt in but I am looking for MNers to take part in an online group next week about weaning.
I'm specifically looking for first time parents with a baby aged 4-10 mnths who are starting to think about or wean onto solid food.
There's a prize draw for taking part. I can send you full details if you PM me smile
thanks very much......

NAR4 Thu 29-Aug-13 22:11:14

iris I cut the carrots into fingers and give raw carrots that have been in the fridge, for teething and part cooked sticks to eat. Not sure if baby led weaning works as well for bottle fed babies and can't remember which you do (sorry). Breast fed babies don't suck so they only bite and chew bits of food off. If they do get a lump to the back of their throat they have a great gage reflex that brings it back out. Just don't panicked and start trying to hook the food out. The idea is you let the baby put food in their mouth themselves and don't feed them yourself, but can't remember exactly why. Something along the lines of, if they haven't got the dexterity to pick it up and get it in their mouth, then they aren't ready to eat it. Its not for everyone and my dh finds it quite worrying and stresses they will choke. He prefers me to supervise until they get a bit older and he isn't constantly worrying they might choke any minute.

NAR4 Thu 29-Aug-13 22:03:26

peanut I don't think your DC is an underachiever. Babies all develop at massively different rates. No one cares by the time they start pre-school. Think my little one just has incentive to hurry up and get off the floor, with 4 older siblings.

iris I am very tired as my youngest 2dc are both rubbish sleepers. I have never managed to get any of my DC to be good sleepers. Facebook sounds nice but someone else would need to set it up and tell us what the page is called. I have no idea how to do anything like that.

irismom Thu 29-Aug-13 14:34:10

Hello everyone.. lONG TIME..Sorry, I always want to check how you guys are doing, but caught up with many things.
Went for 4 days holiday to Scotland at the beginning of Aug, And Ever since, DS is so hungry. I started giving him solids 2 weeks before he turned 6 months. Still on pureed stage. I am reading everywhere about BLW, but cant get my head around that, esply to give him finger foods. But WOuld like to start sooner. How do you do the carrots? not very soft? dont they shove everything into the mouth together?? Loads of qns !!!
Tried some Breakfast and cereals and DS got rashes all over his cheeks, neck. HV asked me to try Lactose Free Milk(SMA) and dint help much. Turns out he is allergic/intolerant. Due for a GP appoinment.
He is getting up At 1am (after a 10.30pm feed) and then at 3 am then 4.30am and then 6 am!! gosh, Am tired everyday!! HOw do you guys managed those good sleeping habits?
BTW can we move to FaceBook please. I think We will check that more often. I accidently joined April2013 (dc1 is in April, n got confused) and I Cant blv how well they are sharing pictures and news!!!!.. it is more personal and I am jealous sad
Please, please can we have one??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now