Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2013?

(292 Posts)
KeepTryin Wed 13-Feb-13 00:09:26

Is there a born in February 2013 group yet? I didn't manage to keep up with the antenatal threads so thought I'd get a head start on the postnatal threads before I've even had baby! wink

NAR4 Tue 25-Jun-13 12:24:16

Appointment went well and op booked for 1st July. Just having problems persuading hospital to let dh bring baby in to me for his feeds. He won't take any milk from a bottle or cup and just screams. Also not looking forward to 6 weeks of not lifting anything, no housework or exercise classes. Think I will suffer serious cabin fever. It will all seem worth it in the end though and I'm glad the op was booked so quickly.

audweb Tue 25-Jun-13 14:15:49

Hi all new here - my daughter was born on the 12th Feb this year - can't believe we're coming up to five months soon! Where does the time fly?

CackleALot Wed 26-Jun-13 22:51:22

Good luck Nar glad its finally getting dealt with! wishing you a speedy recovery too. hope they let you continue feeds, the less stress the better eh?

NAR4 Thu 27-Jun-13 08:45:20

Hospital have finally agreed to allow baby to be bought in by dh for feeds.

CackleALot Sun 30-Jun-13 20:54:11

That's great! Good luck tomorrow thanks

NAR4 Tue 02-Jul-13 07:39:40

Had op and in lots of pain. Def worse than after childbirth. No probs with feeding baby in hospital. Staff were lovely.

House is a state already. 6 weeks of no housework is going to drive me bonkers.

It will all be worth it, it will all be worth it, it will all be worth it.

irismom Fri 05-Jul-13 09:56:51

NAR4 I am sure it will be worth it. Hope everything goes well there. And house cleaning can wait.

CackleALot Fri 05-Jul-13 18:33:53

nar sorry to hear you are so sore, hope you have lots of help at hand. Agree with iris housework can wait smile Wishing you a speedy recovery, hopefully the next few weeks have lovely sunshine so you can sit outside, relax & ignore the housework! grin

NAR4 Fri 05-Jul-13 21:38:53

Can't pick up my dcs for 6wks either. Have been desperately trying to find someone to work as a mothers help, but no luck so far and dh back to work on Monday. Don't know how I will manage if I don't find anyone. Have tried local school, nursery, toddler groups, youth clubs and children's centre to find someone. Any ideas would be very welcome.

CalamityJ Sat 06-Jul-13 22:21:15

Is anyone else's LO going backwards in the sleep department? DD was sleeping 11-7 after dream feed but now wakes 2 hours after being put down (retiming the dream feed so no huge issue) but then wakes any time between 2 & 5. She's also pooing in her sleep which she's not done since probably 3 weeks. Can't leave her to self soothe with a dirty nappy! 4/5 dirty nappies a day so red old bottom. Teething?

NAR4 Sun 07-Jul-13 08:56:57

They do go backwards with their sleep quite often, at various ages. The dirty nappies could be due to teething. Sun light on a bare bum can help clear nappy rash. Timodine or Metanion are pretty good bum creams.

irismom Mon 08-Jul-13 10:13:42

NAR4 Hope you have got some temp help. and you are getting better. Do you have an FB local page buyin/selling/freeeagle or anything. if yes, try updating a status there, to find help. We have several local pages and people ask/advertise everything there, diy help/cleaning/gardening. and could see brilliant response.

irismom Mon 08-Jul-13 10:25:00

calamity what is dreamfeed? sorry ignorant me, read about this many times, always wonder what it is..
yes, my LO doing that these days, he was always up at 3 and then around 5 for feeds. now a days it seems like 10 times between 3 and 6.30. half the time i cant open my eyes to check the time. I thought he was trying to regain his weight, he had lost so much after a 1 week of high temp, a urinary infection( still dnot know the reason) and hospitalisation.
He had only 1 dirty nappy from 2-3 weeks, now seems like 4-5 , most of the time immediately after/during the feed. it is going on for three weeks now.. I first i thought it is coz of the mucus with fever and cold. but it is continuing even now, when he is better. It went from yellow then turned to pale green and then dark green, thought it was some alien things lol Teething hopefully. He is trying to bite everything his hands can reach and his hands too..

irismom Mon 08-Jul-13 10:28:07

* NAR4* forgot to tell you to enjoy the rest period to the last bit, instead of worrying about the things.. U will never get free time like that ever in your life again. You will miss cuddles and carrying LO around though smile Get Well Soon wineflowers

NAR4 Mon 08-Jul-13 22:26:54

Still not got any free time to relax iris. The help really isn't that good but was all I could get, so better than nothing. My 2yr old managed to unload the washing machine today and then reload it, with instructions. That way I only had to put the wash liquid in, which didn't involve any bending down. Clever little girl.

CackleALot Mon 08-Jul-13 22:33:54

hey irismom a dream feed is feeding your LO without waking them. I do it just before I go to bed & should help them sleep a bit longer - in theory! grin

My DD has cut her 2 front bottom teeth, she was biting & droolling over anything she could get a hold of, explosive nappies & broken sleep, now they're through she's more settled again.

I have been using pick up/put down method to help with day time naps which has helped brilliantly with not needing boob to sleep!

Still not having much luck with her taking a bottle & starting to panic about having to go back to work in sept. I would ideally like to drop daytime bf for ff before sept so she's settled at nursery & I'm not leaking everywhere at work. any suggestions? I know will be starting to wean then too - all seems bit overwhelming right now. DS was 1 before he started nursery so didn't have this problem last time!

NAR4 Mon 08-Jul-13 22:51:41

cackle my sil was struggling to get her dd to take bottles ready for her return to work. Someone recommended Dr brown's bottles to her and she said her dd just took to them really quickly. Worth a try. Hope it all works out for you. I am already concerned for the same reason about my return to work, but have until December.

irismom Tue 09-Jul-13 09:30:38

grin haha dream-feed..
I am trying to bottle feed him for weeks now, not everyday though. He was taking bottle in 2and 3rd week, when i had sore nipples. And I stopped somehow, and now he is not taking it sad I was not constantly trying coz, it may trigger his colic, when he takes in much air. I started giving him Cow n gate this week, he forgot how to suck, just chew.. but I am letting him chew for sometime. Hoping he will get to know somehow. He is not spitting though. Saying that, nothing more than 10ml is going in. Hope he will learn soon. As nara said, ppl says to try diff bottles, teats all sorts of things. there is one in amazon n boots which is said to be similar to nipples ans some ppl swear by it..I have avent and TT going with that as of now, will let you know the progress

CackleALot Tue 09-Jul-13 10:27:53

Thanks ladies! Will try a different teat & see if that helps - these babies cost a fortune! grin

irismom Tue 09-Jul-13 16:28:23

cackle oh yes it is!!! thats why i thought of using the same bottle to see how far it goes, esply when it s diff for diff kids. you will end up buying everything sad
And personally, i think it s coz, babies get used to the bottle, by the time you change and try 10 diff ones, n they somehow start with one..
May be it s my escape mechanism not to try 100 diff ones grin

irismom Tue 09-Jul-13 16:30:07

nara4 ohhh god, bless her smile

CalamityJ Wed 10-Jul-13 18:08:39

For me a dream feed is the one before I go to bed so I get as big a chunk of sleep as possible. Often she's not asleep asleep but drowsy so feeds slowly but well. This hot weather has had her feeding every 2 hours zzzzzzz.......

Want2bSupermum Thu 11-Jul-13 04:54:43

Hello everyone. NAR Hope you are feeling better. It is incredibly hard finding good people to help out. We are very lucky to have a family on our street whose teenage children are sent out to help others. Are there any teenagers who look somewhat organized near you that could help out. Here in the US the high school in our town keep a list of kids that are looking for work during the holidays and at weekends.

cackle We use Dr Brown bottles and I highly recommend them. DS has terrible gas and I had to use an Avent one while on this trip to Denmark. It has been a nightmare and I drove an hour to buy a replacement Dr Brown bottle for $20 (more than the cost of three in the US). DD then decided to chew through all of the paci's we brought with us. That trip cost more than $60 for 6 paci's which would have cost us about $20 back home. I am just shocked at the cost and now understand why no one here bothers having babies.

NAR4 Thu 18-Jul-13 08:32:08

Hope everyone is coping with the heat.

Are there any little ones crawling yet? My ds is sooooo close. He pushes his bum in the air but as he pushes forward his arms collapse to his elbows, so he ends up kind of caterpillaring across the floor. It's all very slow though.

Aldan Sat 20-Jul-13 20:51:37

Not been in here for ages!

I'm loving the hot weather and DS seems OK with it too so I'm happy. I haven't put him in his own room yet as its too hot in there but he's fine in with me grin

DS is doing great, rolling over a lot and loving his jumperoo and is sleeping 8-8 every night which I'm so grateful for! He's feeding lots in the day though so I have started giving him a bit of baby rice and some breadsticks. Have him crumpets this morning and he loved them smile

Nar4 how are you?

Cackle 2 teeth, very cute grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now