Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - More group hugs and moral support please

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 08-Feb-13 23:19:17
TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 08:35:19

KAFUCKINGBOOM!!

Byeeeeeeeeee!!!!

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 08:34:32

Bollocks to you lot I'll have it then!!

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 08:34:05

I heart milky way rolls and am thankful for their comeback!

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 08:32:55

I am thankful that Oscar has short barely any hair. With 3 of us with long hair, the hairdryer has a queue every morning. And the straighteners.

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 08:31:27

Who's having the last one then?!

TheDetective Thu 14-Feb-13 08:30:34

sad poor MM. At least it gets you off the shag duties tonight eh?! Small mercies to someone puking their guts up like... Hope Tilly stays germ free for you x

Tired. Baby wiiiiiide awake. Bugger! He normally sleeps past 9 but he's awake at 8 today and is currently attempting to wrestle the phone out my hands! Think he is trying to tell me something! Best go play, eh?!

ThankfulBagofPeacefulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 08:29:17

'carnage'? I like that as a verb... may use it... grin

ThankfulBagofPeacefulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 08:28:31

Ha ha, I like the vasectomy surgeon tnanks. Really must encourage DH to stop procrastinating on that front...

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 14-Feb-13 08:26:41

Pretty cheese cat

Can we carnage it to Cheese Thursday.

Still musing..............

PetiteRaleuse Thu 14-Feb-13 08:25:25

I am thankful for LO sleeping through again and allowing me to concentrate on DD1 all night.

I am thankful that DD1 has the flu and not pneumonia or anything even scarier.

I am thankful for my DH.

I am thankful for the surgeon who is going to perform his vasectomy.

I amthankfulfor daytimeTV.

ThankfulBagofPeacefulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 08:20:09

Ha ha, I win the cheese worthy post award grin

ThankfulBagofPeacefulCats Thu 14-Feb-13 08:18:53

I am thankful for:

The opportunity to have a better day than yesterday

Five awesome kids

A DH who can be hard work, but ultimately is well suited to me even if he does snigger at the Tim Minchin song 'If I didn't have you

Chocolate (sorry again dairy abstainers)

The most fabulous quiche on MN

Smiles from babies while they are also trying to feed

Not throwing up sad Bad luck mm. Hope you are well looked-after today x

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 14-Feb-13 08:10:16

Oh mm big mumsnetty cuddles. You poor thing. I hope you recover quickly.

pikzenjoy your breaky, you are quite near me aren't you? Wasn't it you who went to Frimley as well. Do you want a coffee meet up sometime in the next few weeks? Is there anyone else east Berkshire/Surrey/ north Hampshire?

I was going to have a day at home today but instead it has turned out to be a busy day. Then I felt thankful that in summary for today I want to do a bit of cooking and see if I can fit a walk in. Sounds perfect really.

Until you add in that there may be a little bit of ironing to fit in there too.

And I need to get the baby weighed.

And I need to pop to the shops for some bread

And I really can't have a 2nd Batiste day.

Can I?

I am currently musing on the most cheese worthy thankful post and will come back to you later.

MissMummy1 Thu 14-Feb-13 07:57:02

I am thankful for portable sick bowls and caring sisters/partners this morning.

MissMummy1 Thu 14-Feb-13 07:55:56

Not looked at anything overnight but need some unmumsnetty hugs.

Worst night ever. M slept like a dream until i woke her up by choking at 3am. I woke at midnight and have been throwing up every half an hour since sad . I HATE being sick sad sad sad . Feel dreadful. Passed out on way back from bathroom at one point. confused DP stayed up all night with me and then M but had to go back offshore this morning. My sis is coming to look after tilly. I feel too shakey to even lift her. sad

Happy valentines DP, here hold my hair out my face envy

Pikz Thu 14-Feb-13 07:48:19

I am thankful for my perfect little man who is squawking next to me and my lovely DP who is taking us to breakfast.

Jims Thu 14-Feb-13 07:41:31

I am thankful F is now 14 weeks today and
I've managed to bf this far;
F's (so far) quite good at night sleeping;
He hasn't been in hospital again; and
I haven't had a reoccurrence of pnd or the insomnia i had for months last time.
Mind you, i think these things every day - and that's what therapy does for you!!

I'm trying not to wish F's life away as he is a little duck really but i find this stage such hard work. I am a routine sort of person but don't think it's really possible until he's older.

I will be thankful for nystatin later if the dr agrees to give F enough to last til his hospital apt in march...

Thechick Thu 14-Feb-13 07:26:30

Still trying to catch up, as always. This day last year I got my first period after a mc in Jan. I was so happy that we could start trying again. Was very lucky that it happened straight away.
I joined weight watchers yesterday. Could someone let me know the weight loss thread please.

PurplePidjin Thu 14-Feb-13 07:20:44

I am thankful for 5+2+2 hours, and that night feeds are down to 45 mins from 1h15. I'm grateful that R fell asleep on dp when he settled him an hour after he first went down even though he never actually woke up was just snottering which is why i didn't go to him i am also thankful for the porridge and coffee (decaf) that dp is about to bring me thanks

kirrinIsland Thu 14-Feb-13 06:58:53

I'm thankful for only 2 wake ups - 4 and then now. Pretty good for a little person who has been averaging 6-7 wake ups for the past week or so.

I am also grateful that DP will get up with DD1 so I might even get some more kip before I have to get up and face the day!

Sounds like it's a bit wet 'n' wild outside today.

ChunkyChicken Thu 14-Feb-13 06:53:56

I am thankful for dummies as DS had a truly terrible night by his standards. He went down ok but woke at 1.10ish then 3ish then 4ish I think, then I fed him at 5ish and now he's making all sorts of noise sad He's not hungry. Perhaps he has a sore throat like me?

zcos Thu 14-Feb-13 06:41:26

mine too -apart from Saturday which is the day I'm supposed to be popping out with dh-

Dixiebell Thu 14-Feb-13 06:40:02

I am thankful that my weather app shows a sun every day for the next 5 days.

zcos Thu 14-Feb-13 06:25:24

I am thankful that dd is my first so I will pop her back down after this feed and stay in bed until she next wakes up -apart from the postman or delivery guy as I have been spending far too much on eBay-
I feel guilty however as when dd woke for this feed I ran down stairs first too afraid I was gonna wee myself came back up dh was changing dd ... which was nice ... but he then proceeded to walk off she was crying her eyes out as she didn't know where she was and he was just ignoring her! he left me with this screaming baby went off for his own wee he could have waited to check I was alright I needed to adjust pillows before I fed her.
had a go at him when he got back...perhaps next time I shouldn't run off to the loo ? he sleeps in this bed too grin
forgot it was v day :/
but then I didn't want to celebrate it anyway would rather just do St dwynwens day only! grin... did see a card yesterday when he came home with shopping...wonder what it will say now? sad

StuntNun Thu 14-Feb-13 05:29:03

This thread is not accepting new messages.