Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - More group hugs and moral support please

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 08-Feb-13 23:19:17
zcos Sat 09-Feb-13 21:56:23

not feeling good at the mo had a fab few days perhaps too much away from dd... and now tonight I feel sad and useless and alone ...my sister is staying in the next room but dh is an hour away out on the town ... with my blessing but dd def seems to have a cold green poop and see through vomit... wish dh would at least text. dd seems uncomfortable feeding ...wind I think!

zcos Sat 09-Feb-13 21:59:14

sorry posted that without reading as dd crying v bad looks like I'm feeling v sorry for myself.

DS loves any tv but he is completely mesmerised by the Zingzillas I think it's called? Baby tv is often on in our house too.

ValiumQueen Sat 09-Feb-13 22:10:49

Yes I am getting my evils and horseys mixed up. Must be my age.

zcos do not apologise for feeling sorry for yourself. I feel very sorry for myself at the moment. Proper pity! Talking it through on here helps so let rip. Share how you are feeling x it is ok to acknowledge it is not all roses.

DS appears to be asleep. Hoping for 3 hours. Dreaming of 8 hours. No doubt see you guys later x

ChunkyChicken Sat 09-Feb-13 22:13:09

I have baby Einstein dvds that I bought for DD but A mainly watches cBeebies as that is DD's preferred viewing...

Have lost my right contact lense from my eye. Not sure if I rubbed it out or pushed it round shock

DD wasn't fussed about whether it was bm/formula/moo milk, as long as it was warm. DS has happily taken 2 bottles of defrosted ebm today so fingers crossed he keeps that up have enough to feed a family of 4 in the freezer!! and managed to express enough to replace what I got from the freezer.

Both dc in bed and we're going to fall asleep watch a dvd which is definitely not a dodgy version of skyfall obviously

BigPigLittlePig Sat 09-Feb-13 22:24:01

Little pig last fed at 7. Still sound asleep - to wake or not to wake, that is the question.

Zcos join the self-pitying club, we've all had a good emotional outpouring lately on here, and vq is right, it does help.

zcos Sat 09-Feb-13 22:32:25

thanks vq and pig

PetiteRaleuse Sat 09-Feb-13 22:36:21

cacacaz me neither, my milk phobia started well before I was 2. I left a cup of milk on a radiator. That ended badly. Haven't drunk it since. And hate dealing even with formula. And that impacted breastfeeding too. Ugh. I hate milk. Ugh. Ok with cheese and yohgurt though, as long as it doesn't taste like rancid milk. Which is ironic, because cheese is rancid milk. Ok. Not going to eat cheese for a good few days til I get tat image out of my mind.

I cringe even when I have to wipe up spilt milk. That is why bf was hard. Showering andnwatching that stuff drip, from me, was too much.

BigPigLittlePig Sat 09-Feb-13 22:40:05

I'm another milk-hater. Distinctly remember "world war 2 day" at primary school, complete with a polystyrene cup of milk which we were pretty much forced to drink. Nothing before or since has been harder to eat/drink. Warm milk. Polystyrene cup. Gross but not as gross as having orange squash from the SAME CUP later in the day

TheDetective Sat 09-Feb-13 22:41:15

Just doing the bedtime feed. Wonder what is in store for us tonight?!

I feel ill. Dp made dinner and I didn't like it shock. Very greasy and it's turned my stomach!

I'm still hungry and I want pancakes. We have no eggs. Gah!

Think I'll just have an early night. Well. Early for me.

TheDetective Sat 09-Feb-13 22:44:19

I'm another who doesn't drink milk. It tastes weird to me. I'll cook happily with it. But not have it as a drink. Nope.

Don't like cereal because I don't like milk and what it does to the cereal!

Also don't like butter/marge on sandwiches.

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Sat 09-Feb-13 22:48:57

I have the wake or not wake debate every evening bplp, I've started leaving her and she's been going through until 4-5am, so doing 9-10 hours.

I'm full of cold, LO doesn't seem to have caught it thank goodness.

katkit1 Sat 09-Feb-13 22:50:09

Ouch horsey, I burned myself too, on wed night. Passed my pinkie over the spout of the kettle. - why?! Steamed my skin off. It's developed it's own little protection now in the form of a giant blister - ouch!

PetiteRaleuse Sat 09-Feb-13 22:57:34

I'll cook with it if I'm making yorkshires, or pancakes, coz there's no choice. But sauces? Things like mac'n'cheese? Creme fraiche. Yum.

I don't think I've ever had a bowl of cereal coz of milk. BUT determined as I am to not pass on my phobias I am working on porridge for DD1. And have managed French toast as it's only a splash of the white stuff. We get through less than a pint a week. When I was a kid we had three pints delivered every day shock

zcos Sat 09-Feb-13 23:00:26

Mmm is everyone on here weird re milk on here? smile... I include myself in this! ... I have always loved milk but don't think it likes me! so after a few weeks of having milk in the morning with cereal as I suddenly started having cereal when pregnant... I switched to soy milk. Seems to aggravate my IBS less ... I do feel like some soy milk with b vits is good for me to have a couple of times a week being a veggie.
re tv glad others watch with their tinnies I always feel a bit guilty but its good to manage a bite to eat and I always watch tv when bf in the day. Think its one of the perks grin

PetiteRaleuse Sat 09-Feb-13 23:05:12

I think maternity leave and crap pay is one of the prices one has to pay for the opportunity to watch unlimited tv and purchase box sets guilt free zcos

that's it until retirement grin

zcos Sat 09-Feb-13 23:09:59

I'm watching cheers and taxi on HBO at the mo ... I think I will have watched every episode of every series by the time I go back to work... now that's something to be proud of!
Also watching the office American version In the evening through dds cluster feeds (well until I go up to bed and cluster feed some more!)

zcos Sat 09-Feb-13 23:11:18

I meant to say I can't concentrate on anything longer or with a more complicated plot at the moment I sometimes struggle with these!

Dondoon Sat 09-Feb-13 23:43:59

Evil Thanks for the info about our little Dragons Very interesting also DH is a 1976 dragon too. I don't think 4 bottles a day sounds enough TBH I think it should be more like 6 or7 bottles if they only 5-6 ozs but all babies are different

TheDetective Sat 09-Feb-13 23:46:54

French toast... Mmmmmmmmm. Or eggy bread as we posh fuckers like to call it. grin

Oscar decided we should have a late night. On account that he can't breathe properly. sad

Poor baby. He's being terribly stoic about the whole thing. No man flu here! wink

StuntNun Sat 09-Feb-13 23:53:53

I love milk and drink a pint a day at the moment, usually hot to replace a cup of tea. Sometimes I branch out and have Ovaltine. Pregnancy increases calcium turnover for months after giving birth so if you don't drink milk make sure you're getting calcium from somewhere.

Any tips on how I can get J to sleep before 11 pm? He is usually irritable and cries for 2-3 hours in the evening until he passes out around 11. It's getting a bit wearing as we're already tired by 8 so it's hard to cope with all the fussing.

Dondoon Sun 10-Feb-13 00:03:30

stunt that's interesting about the calcium..my teeth have really suffered this time for the first time ever I've had a filling , an extraction and they are soooo sensitive in the last 12 months I think I should have been taking more calcium.

ValiumQueen Sun 10-Feb-13 00:03:36

2 hours. Ho Hum

I love milk and anything milky. DD2 refused milk after she self weaned from the breast at 18months. Only now will she consider a splash. She will eat a lot of frais and other calcium rich food thankfully. DH thinks milk is the root of a lot of problems.

Dondoon Sun 10-Feb-13 00:05:34

Wish I had the energy to go downstairs and make myself some eggy bread sad detective have some for me please

TheDetective Sun 10-Feb-13 00:08:17

What time does he wake in the morning? I found waking Oscar earlier got an earlier bedtime. Of course that won't work if he already wakes at 7!

When the grizzles start in the evening then we do a bath, he is happy in the bath. Then cries when he gets out. I quickly dry and dress him, then feed him in the bedroom with out the light on. This knocks him out. If it doesn't I lie next to the basket so he can't see me (he just stares and stops trying to sleep if he can see me) and rock it while playing White noise for him. I heart White noise. I really do. It stops him fighting against sleep.

Don't know if any of that helps, but it's just what we do.

This thread is not accepting new messages.