Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - More group hugs and moral support please

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 08-Feb-13 23:19:17
ValiumQueen Wed 13-Feb-13 15:15:53

Apparently the incidences of bumbos being mistaken for potties is quite high.

BigPigLittlePig Wed 13-Feb-13 15:16:18

Literally, vq, literally.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 13-Feb-13 15:16:58

Yes I read that. Other than her rudeness about Parisians it's very interesting. There couldn't be a mumsnet in France. Aibu just wouldn't work.

J has a look of "fuck you and the horse you rode in on" look about him today, not crying or grizzling just no smiles, he's really sleepy again, I don't know what that's about, he has a few days of me having to wake him to feed him ever 3-4 hrs in the day then sleeping 7-10 hrs at night, then a few days of not sleeping ever! Wtaf is that?!
My diet has gone up shit creek, I stumbled upon malteasers bunnies in bulk at Makro and 48 creme eggs

I'm sitting outside the school praying DS1 is happier this arvo. I think he's sliding downwards to another hospital stay <sigh>

ValiumQueen Wed 13-Feb-13 15:28:35

Cookies are awesome!

BigPigLittlePig Wed 13-Feb-13 15:29:10

Maltesers bunnies = yumminess. Could quite happily eat one or two or twenty

ValiumQueen Wed 13-Feb-13 15:30:04

And nearly gone blush

ValiumQueen Wed 13-Feb-13 15:30:37

Never had a malteser bunny. Ever.

Pikz Wed 13-Feb-13 15:38:45

Smear done. DP had the easiest Luc looking after session ever as he slept through it! Fucker.

Am enjoying sitting down doing bugger all. It's been a while. Sitting down makes me tired though.

zcos Wed 13-Feb-13 15:44:55

blonde you will have to remind me of the attitude as I struggle with it! it is my MIL attitude though her house has more mess than I would like ...beautiful welsh dresser with all sorts on it. I would have to tidy it!
my parents are quite tidy my dad a bit ocd keeps saying don't leave dishes for dh to get home to! my dh keeps saying don't worry!!
Not sure how my MIL and mum coped as their fathers wouldn't have helped half as much as dh does they may not have felt they could or should. oh and my dad working in steel works may not have helped!
yeah good heating is advantage of new build but have seen lots of houses with problems. thick walls in stone and being in a terrace means its generally cosy. Small living room means gets warm and cold quickly!! shock
dd napping on me for 10 mins don't dare try to put her down ...think she needs some sleep she seems tired.

zcos Wed 13-Feb-13 15:49:57

Mmm really want malteezers bunny now may add to online shop grin
I keep thinking that I have things in the cupboard that I have not yet bought but added to online list.

Brockle Wed 13-Feb-13 16:31:15

in the middle of fucking 12 week growth spurt with mastitus and thrush. arsy cunting bollocks. I feel better after that.

Pikz Wed 13-Feb-13 16:32:10

LO shouting at me as he can't crawl!

glendathefedupwitch Wed 13-Feb-13 16:53:42

brockle big fat fuck off hugs xx

I heart sweaty weds!!!

Today has been a good day!!!

glendathefedupwitch Wed 13-Feb-13 16:54:28

Sweaty??? Fucking stupid iPhone - sweary!!! No sweat here - too cold!!!

zcos Wed 13-Feb-13 16:54:46

Aw brocle think dd is starting hers early (has done with others) and according to wonder weeks this one takes a week!! dd just wants to eat play and lie on me all day. my house looks like a bomb hit it today!

zcos Wed 13-Feb-13 16:56:32

meant to say I feel for you brocle as I don't have the thrush to contend with!

zcos Wed 13-Feb-13 16:59:22

oh and pissflaps! I forgot to swear!!
what's Thursday then? think it should be fake swear Thursday... what do people say instead of swears?
I have a terrible habit of saying oh god! a lot but mil is a vicar so must stop I try to say oh gosh instead but that sounds pretentious!!

kissyfur Wed 13-Feb-13 17:09:15

Forgot to say thanks for the offer of a coffee pidj but we are going to be pushed for time when we're up there for the wedding, will have to come straight home the next day as dd1 will be staying with grandma as kids aren't invited to the wedding hmm

I think LO is teething! Been screamy all day and not wanting to feed. Just tried a smidge of bonjela and she's now feeding happily, bit scared at the prospect of teeth already!

TheTiger Wed 13-Feb-13 17:12:27

Welcome gingerbread. I was a late arrival to the quiche, wish I had been around with the antenatal threads!

For fuck's sake, the stupid bastarding snow is pissing me off. It took me forever to get back from DS's swimming class, because the fucking council haven't fucking gritted the motorway or roads. And I won't expect DH home til really late. And the bloody bollocking football is on tonight.

Who came up with sweary Wednesday? Can it be every week? I am terrible for swearing, my mum would be devastated if she knew grin

pikz how did the smear test go? I need to book mine but I'm a bit nervous! I was going yearly before DS so I don't know why I'm suddenly nervous about it!

I have never had a maltesers bunny either. Am i missing out? I have, however, today eaten a kit kat, a a packet of monster munch, several biscuits and no fruit or veg. Excellent!

TheTiger Wed 13-Feb-13 17:16:43

kissy I think DS is teething too. He's 17 weeks tomorrow. He is constantly gnawing on his fists/ toys/ anything and is pouring with saliva.

Has anyone tried nelson's teething powder?

PurplePidjin Wed 13-Feb-13 17:48:48

We've had a duvet day, I'm not even dressed! Watched Kung Fu Panda and Avatar in bed, and we've left Hot Fuzz on pause to come down for dinner, CDWM, Hollyoaks etc. Feeling loads better for the rest although have achieved fuck all except feed R and eat maltesers (bollocking shop had no bunnies nor did they have hazelnut kit kat chunkies when dp went down) i did have porridge for breakfast, sardine sarnie for lunch and chicken casserole with mash for dinner though

Passmethecrisps Wed 13-Feb-13 17:50:58

I think sweary Wednesday came from me actually. I said 'fuck' a lot in one post.

It is a shame you later-comer ladies missed the ante-natal threads - they were a total lifeline for me.

pikz p yells at me then dissolves into crying because she can't sit.

Teething is scary! I suspect that p's teeth are moving but not coming through. She likes a good chomp.

Oh and you guys just reminded me that I bough fruit today so I am damned well going to eat some! Pre baby I was a full 5 a day girl. Not anymore! I also bypassed the sweety section despite really fancying a new flavour kit kat chunky.

ValiumQueen Wed 13-Feb-13 17:53:10

Sardine sarnie. Not had one of them for ages... Mmmmm!

I think it was detective who suggested sweary Wednesday. Evil suggested thankful Thursday, which was actually really nice I thought. I think every fucking day should be a fucking sweary day. At least until they are fucking sleeping through.

ValiumQueen Wed 13-Feb-13 17:54:48

Yes it was pass as clearly detective never swears.

We have had tacos for tea. Rather messy.

This thread is not accepting new messages.