Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - More group hugs and moral support please

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 08-Feb-13 23:19:17
StuntNun Sat 09-Feb-13 10:51:05

This is the 14th post-natal thread Tits although they have been going since the 4th October after the first few babies had arrived. We're actually much chattier post-natally; there were 24 ante-natal threads running from 22nd February to 12 December when Clarella's baby arrived. That last ante-natal thread only had 49 messages though should we send Pass over to finish it?

wellieboots Sat 09-Feb-13 11:02:01

Marking place!

Oh I've just read the last thread .... Chinese new year? I'm a Rabbit smile

I'm still exclusively breast feeding, but also think I've had an easier time of it than a lot of the mums here. A hoping to keep going until babylaughalot is 12 months much to MIL's horror

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Sat 09-Feb-13 12:23:56

I did my final breastfeed last week, but had been mixed feeding from about week 4. Took DS some time to entertain the idea of a bottle, but last week he decided he preferred it, so we're now completely onto formula.

Hello new thread...

I have banged on about it enough but we ebf till exactly 11 wks when we started the top ups so he now has three post-bf formula bottles and one expressed one per day. Was hoping to return to ebf once L has gained more weight but will see how it goes. Aside from the weight gain issue, I have loved bf and have been lucky to have avoided mastitis/thrush/other issues.

BigPigLittlePig Sat 09-Feb-13 13:20:24

Oh for goodness sake, I'd only just got used to the last thread!

Awful evening yesterday, screams and wails until gone 11, fussy feeding, squelchy hiccups, the works. In the end I gave her some calpol as she felt v hot and within 20 mins she was sound, and slept through til 6.30! A record! Much happier today thank goodness.

I'm still ebf, but having read catbags comment about wrapping the towel around yourself after a shower, I'm fairly sure I've got thrush sad. Feeding was fine until a few days ago, although it has been sore on the right for a few weeks. It's now agonising on both sides, and there are splits on the right and impending on the left but trying to ignore that You can buy daktarin though can't you? Is it the oral gel? If I can get through this hurdle thereby ticking off yet another breastfeeding complication, thanks then I will carry on until...who knows! Can't imagine giving up yet, even though it nearly reduces me to tears at the mo martyr??

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Sat 09-Feb-13 13:24:51

tits let us know about the cinema, am interested.

bigpig ouch.

Thechick Sat 09-Feb-13 13:36:36

stunt I'm still ebfing. Going to feed until one year at least. Going to work when H is 11 months so planning on expressing for one month whilst at work, if need be, as he would be on solids and then seeing how we go. I love breastfeeding. I'd be really sad if he wanted to stop any time soon.

Kyzordz Sat 09-Feb-13 13:42:39

Marking place smile

I only managed to give expressed bm for eight days, I just couldn't keep up with him, he's been on formula since. I try not to think about weaning as he's only 3.5 months and I need to have a look at how to go about it! I think DM is keen for me to give him baby rice soon but I have reservations about it with him being so young. We were weaned from 6-8 weeks but I'm so far avoiding the weaning conversation. To be fair she isn't pushing it yet

BigPigLittlePig Sat 09-Feb-13 13:59:34

I know it's been talked about before, but if I put daktarin on my boobs, do I have to wash it off before feeding?

ValiumQueen Sat 09-Feb-13 14:15:43

Still EBF here - just had one bottle formula to see if he takes a bottle. Gonna give him another today and tomorrow to see if it helps and to keep his hand in with the bottles. Then I can tell the HV I have tried. He is napping better today, but still only 45 mins, but in the cot. I am doing well with cutting out caffeine. I am giving thought to cutting out dairy but will speak with HV about it.

stunt yes, the young lady who slept on the back doorstep went in the kennel for one night as it was raining, and her mum found out and she got a severe beating. She was about 8 at the time and still does not understand why. There are some dreadful parents out there.

ValiumQueen Sat 09-Feb-13 14:17:24

I would like to bf until he self weans, but part of me wishes he would self wean today. I fed DD1 for 8 months and DD2 18 months.

BigPigLittlePig Sat 09-Feb-13 14:24:25

VQ the no-caffeine rule is a killer. Pre-pregnancy, I was a total coffee addict. We have a lovely espresso/cappuccino maker. Within weeks of being up the duff, had gone right off coffee, to the point of it making me want to vom. Fast forward 8 months, I was v much looking forward to resuming coffee drinking but alas, no! A few cups to tempt my tastebuds, and bring on hideous reflux for LO.

Some mornings I would commit crimes for proper strong coffee sad

Evilwater Sat 09-Feb-13 14:31:22

Personality Traits Of The Water Dragon People

The Dragon is a sign of energy and power and has a special place in Asian mythology. In the East, the Dragon is a symbol of luck and authority. People under the influence of the Dragon are considered charismatic, independent and resourceful. In astrology, the Dragon corresponds to the sign of Aries. People born in this year tend to be fearless and confident in their pursuits and are often successful. They need to be careful not to make decisions too quickly and be aware of not being too arrogant. The element of water has the most calming effect on the Dragon and cools their fiery tempers. Water is said to bring out patience and sensitivity in a Dragon’s personality that is often overshadowed by their fiery need for attention. This influence tends to help them make wiser decisions and work better with others.

Evil

TheDetective Sat 09-Feb-13 15:12:40

Can't connect to any Internet.

I want to cry!

ValiumQueen Sat 09-Feb-13 15:30:02

Thank you evil

TheDetective Sat 09-Feb-13 15:43:54

Screw you Virgin and your crappy service. On hold to disconnections department. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Crying baby, that'll be fun for the poor person who has to convince this raging mad woman to stay with them. Jog on.

BigPigLittlePig Sat 09-Feb-13 16:24:23

Daktarin purchased. DH all too keen to point out I should have gone to the gp yesterday like he said instead of having to pay for it. Nothing less helpful than somebody saying I told you so angry

Dsd deposited at hideous indoor play centre for a birthday party so the nursery is finally being painted whilst I sit with a hot chocolate and feed LO stick shards of glass in my nipples

PetiteRaleuse Sat 09-Feb-13 16:28:13

I noticed a thread in active conversations today about how crap Virgin is. Didn't open it but I think a couple of you in this group have been complaining about them recently...

bigpig I was told you don't need to washer off.

I'm still EBF. She won't take a bottle of expressed so far. Hoping to BF until she weans and then maybe mix feed?

Catbag Sat 09-Feb-13 16:33:16

Still ebf here. Saul does a little excited wiggle and joy face when he sees the boob. River is far more business-like about the whole thing. They will also take ebm from a bottle, which is good otherwise I would never set foot in my uni again.

TheDetective Sat 09-Feb-13 16:34:05

Me and Oscar are now watching The Lion King.

DP and DS1 gone to cinema to watch Wreck It Ralph. Feeling left out, but don't want to take a poorly baby out unnecessarily, and not to the cinema where I can't effectively snot remove!

Oh, he's stopped crying at snot sucker now, as he has realised it makes him feel better. I hope anyway! Either way, no more tears and tantrums! Phew!

Talking of watching films, what are you doing about TV for your babies? I've been (?!)guilty of sticking cbeebies on for Oscar, more so he has some noise around him as I am out the room in the kitchen or whatever. But, he is obsessed by the shiny sparkly things that come out of it! D'oh! I can't keep him away from it, because DS1 monopolises it with Disney Channel/Comedy Central/Sky One or xbox games which I friggin' hate but his Dad bought them for him grrr.

I think i'll just go with the flow. I'm not a telly addict, I don't watch much, prefer a film. DP the same really. DS has a TV in his room, but no channels, just for DVD's. I might get him it in his room, so he can watch what I don't want Oscar watching? Not sure. What do others do with kids of multiple ages wanting to watch different stuff?

I'd not really given much thought to it til I saw Oscar staring at some violent xbox game that has appeared in my house...

In other news, he loved my rendition of 'I just can't wait to be kiiiiiiiiiiiiing'. grin

TheDetective Sat 09-Feb-13 16:36:27

Will go check it out PR and maybe add my rant! Hah!

I am now disconnected. I have 30 days to find a new package. Decisions decisions!

Cinema was great if you ignore other people's unruly kids and the child/vomit fountain at the front they didn't bat an eyelid about J sitting in and I just fed him until he dropped off then he watched in awe for the last half hour. smile
They don't have changing stations though so take a mat, luckily we had a travel one with us.
Film was excellent, I really recommend it, wreck it Ralph really good job from Disney.

This thread is not accepting new messages.