Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FEB 2010 Three is a magic number, yes it is......

(999 Posts)

Come and take shelter from the DC here, folks!

<offers tiffin, millionaire shortbread and other forbidden goodies>

ClimbingPenguin Fri 15-Feb-13 20:38:05

he has been on the hc for a month, had a two day break and is now back on it. This GP seems unconcerned about length of time but I would rather get it under control and have hc-free days. DH is tasked with sorting out the referral.

We find he is really itchy even when his skin is almost alright. That part doesn't seem to go away that often.

Ah CP, my sympathy - now I've had some experience of it myself! The atopic patch on DS' forehead clears after a few days of hc, is clear for a few days more then starts to make a come back, so off we go again. Dreary.

ClimbingPenguin Sun 17-Feb-13 15:38:50

I still can't get over how quickly we get through toilet paper now DD is potty trained.

SocietyClowns Sun 17-Feb-13 19:02:02

Try having two.. My parents think we eat the stuff whenever we visit grin.

StoneBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 08:35:56

So instead of going back to pre-school and me to work we're home as DS woke up with 39.5C fever. As it's his 4th day with tenperature, I've booked a GP appointment. The journey home was fun (not) with him been unwell - the journey lasted 12 hours between the car and ferries shock

Waves to all

ClimbingPenguin Mon 18-Feb-13 09:17:53

I'm waiting a call back from the GP for DS. He won't stay awake. He is easily woken but goes straight back off. He is drinking water and breastmilk and no fever, but also runny poo's. DH showered him at 5:30 this morning and he fell asleep three times in the process.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Mon 18-Feb-13 09:43:00

SB and CP hope it is nothing.

StoneBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 10:57:13

CP I hope it's nothing major and that the gp can see you asap

DS has got nothing it's just a virus. It's actually difficult to explain to the doc that he's unwell as he's bubbly, alert and eat. Also as I gave him some ibuprofen at 7am the temp was gone.

ClimbingPenguin Mon 18-Feb-13 12:01:40

he is hydrated despite the amount of water he has been having (which is double normal). He is on the Dioralyte sachets and she wants to see him this evening to check he is getting hydrated as he has done wees today.

ClimbingPenguin Mon 18-Feb-13 12:02:02

he is de-hyrated obviously

StoneBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 12:22:21

The poir little thing. Fx he'll improve.

StoneBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 12:22:44

Sorry poor

ClimbingPenguin Mon 18-Feb-13 12:47:26

thanks and meant to "has done no wees today"

how is your DS?

StoneBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 14:18:30

He's okay but yiu can see that he's tired. Plus when the ibuprofen or paracetamol wear off he becomes clingy unwell again.

How is your DS doing?

Bearcrumble Mon 18-Feb-13 18:07:07

Hope they both get well soon.

StoneBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 18:21:15

DS has gone to bed at 5.45pm after eating a slice of bread with philadelphia sad It's so unlike him... I just hope he gets over this bug quickly.

CP what did the GP said this afternoon?

Ah, sorry to hear about the poorly LOs CP and SB.... how are they doing now?

Big turnaround with DD. I think our amateur play therapy is having the desired effect. She wanted to go to nursery today (I gave her the choice) and once there, had a great time and was in no hurry to come home today and is looking forward to tomorrow. Huge relief!

Also...I think we've finally turned a corner with the withholding (which I've also been including in the play "therapy"). The last three days have seen her much more relaxed doing her Number Twos and the change in her general demeanour is incredible - it's like she's gained in confidence about her ability to deal with anything now she's stopped being so scared of doing a poo. Talk about a change from the snivelling wreck who wouldn't get off the sofa last week!! I can't tell you how relieved I feel. Okay, there's bound to be some backsliding, but this finally feels like a breakthrough. DD even took an interest in using the toilet again today, first time in a while. It's all good smile

StoneBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 20:38:52

IC yepee!!!

NK2b1f2 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:53:23

IC great news! smile

StoneBaby Mon 18-Feb-13 21:00:32

NK is that you SC?

NK2b1f2 Mon 18-Feb-13 21:21:43

Sorry,yes. grin
Dd2 went to bed very excited because tomorrow is a nursery day... wink I love her enthusiasm!

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Mon 18-Feb-13 22:21:38

Trying this on my phone.
Great news IC on both counts. Long may it all continue.
SB hope ds is well soon. I hate it when they are poorly.
CP what was the outcome this evening? Hope ds is okay. It sounds scary. Big hugs to you all.
Seeing the nurse tomorrow at 8.15 re my asthma.
DS1 and 2 enjoying their new trampoline in the sun today. Joint present for them both from several relatives.

ClimbingPenguin Mon 18-Feb-13 22:26:39

I posted on fb but he is much better.

still got runny poos so we need to be careful, but just so good to see him interacting again. Been a bit emotional afterwards and it wasn't that bad or for that long in the grand scheme of things. I think GP was close to sending us to the hospital this morning. Fever's are one thing, when they are just laying there not moving or crying is another.

ClimbingPenguin Mon 18-Feb-13 22:27:26

It has been so nice to have the sunny weather. This will be the first summer with a proper garden and I think I will love it. Might even get to make dinner in peace.

StoneBaby Tue 19-Feb-13 10:35:54

DS woke up fine this morning, he was starving tho. So back to pre-school for him and work for me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now