Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FEB 2010 Three is a magic number, yes it is......

(999 Posts)

Come and take shelter from the DC here, folks!

<offers tiffin, millionaire shortbread and other forbidden goodies>

BabyGiraffes Sat 04-May-13 12:35:38

Found my glasses! Went to get the charger for my phone and the glasses were tangled up in the cord. I think it's time for an eye test if I managed to roll up the cord and stuff it into my laptop bag without realising my glasses were part of the mix! blush

Hoorah for the found glasses!

Well, turns out DS has Slapped Cheek - he had an okay night, although rather fidgety towards dawn (but temperature a bit down this morning and seeming generally okay). DD is also perkier - not sure if she's also going to manifest Slapped Cheek, we shall see. Anyway, she's pretty cheery today, so that's okay...

ScienceRocks Sat 04-May-13 15:27:23

I know exactly what you mean about wanting time off but then not knowing what to do with it, bearcrumble. And then I am frustrated that I haven't made the most of it.

I am hopeless without my glasses. If I knock them off the bedside table, I can't see them on the floor. Glad they turned up BG.

How are the poorlies, CP and IC?

Thinking of survival, and also mous with the move.

BabyGiraffes Tue 07-May-13 17:36:44

Unexpectedly feeling broody. Please tell me to get a grip...

ScienceRocks Tue 07-May-13 17:56:15

SB, cover your eyes!

Now BG, do you really want to go through nine months of feeling rubbish, followed by excruciating pain, then months and months of sleepless nights and feeling like all you can do is produce milk while crying and hoping that your other children are doing ok? Not to mention the incontinence, prolapse and tears you are putting yourself at risk of?

Has that helped? gringringrin

BabyGiraffes Tue 07-May-13 18:07:39

Thanks for the reality check SR grin. I think what puts me off most is the bone aching tiredness of the first trimester (and the fact that dh has previously threatened to walk out if we had another because he finds two quite a challenge as it is!).

ScienceRocks Tue 07-May-13 18:32:38

Pleasure BG smile The thought of SPD puts me off, and the fact that childbirth really really hurts.

Just thought I'd mention that the woolly hugs gang are planning a blanket for TeamSurvival and are after knitters, crocheters, people to donate or contribute towards wool. It's on the Chat area of MN.

Oh, what a lovely idea! I am none of the above, but can certainly offer some dosh towards wool....

Poorlies are okay, thanks. DS' rash is fading fast and he seems to be okay (if you discount the night from hell last night - hourly wake-ups, masses of fidgeting, eventually resorted to co-sleeping...whereupon DD woke up yelling because of a dream.....) DD's cold is coming and going, but isn't too bad.
Thank goodness for nursery - it meant I could cuddle up with DS this afternoon and get a bit of much-needed kip (same for him - he was almost as knackered as me!)....

I'm hoping all the nocturnal activity was down to DS feeling too hot...although we're also cruising into 8-10 mo sleep regression territory....

StoneBaby Tue 07-May-13 20:43:55

SR i will have a cs, can't bf and I'm already knackered so sleepless nights won't be a problem ( and as bottle feed I should get longer sleep). I'm more worried about the logistic of #2 but I'm on a conception thread do won't bore with my ttc issues.

Lovely idea about the blanket but can only cross stiched.

ClimbingPenguin Tue 07-May-13 20:45:45

bg you might one like DS! (lovely as he is there is no denying he was a hard baby).

DS is alright here too, we'll see on thursday whether the 48hour rule holds true for him contracting nursery bugs

ClimbingPenguin Tue 07-May-13 20:46:05

might HAVE one

StoneBaby Tue 07-May-13 21:12:57

CP how was the children-free weekend? And sad to hear your DS is still poorly

BG any reason for the broodyness? And you should try once more to see if you'll get a DS run away and duck grin

rainbowweaver Thu 09-May-13 04:43:49

But think about how lovely it will be to have a baby, all the snuggles, and that lovely new baby smell.... smile. Can you tell the ones who are trying to ttc!

ClimbingPenguin Thu 09-May-13 08:27:31

It appears that ds is also soy intolerant, DH gave them some dot ice cream without realising and he had the same nappy reaction that DD used to have

Survival just read your fb, how awful you more stuff to deal with.

ScienceRocks Thu 09-May-13 11:02:56

Sorry to hear that CP.

Struggling a little here. Someone give me a kick up the bottom please.

BabyGiraffes Thu 09-May-13 11:50:14

SR hugs

ScienceRocks Thu 09-May-13 14:26:31

BG, that's a very odd kick up the bottom grin

ScienceRocks Thu 09-May-13 14:26:43

But thank you...

Bearcrumble Thu 09-May-13 14:33:39

Aw, sr you are lovely, no one wants to kick you.

StoneBaby Thu 09-May-13 17:44:39

Aww SR big kick hug xx

ClimbingPenguin Thu 09-May-13 19:45:40

<quickly snatches moment>

bc I meant to say before that I think it is right you do nothing. I was the same, but we get the break to get a break, not knacker ourselves out. At this point we need to the space to not think about 100 things at once

sr what's wrong?

ScienceRocks Thu 09-May-13 23:04:31

I'm just being crap CP, nothing to worry about. But thank you for asking.

Survival, I think I can say with 100 per cent certainty that you are in all of our thoughts and we will be thinking of you and your DSs even more tomorrow thanks

Wishing much love to Survival. The days following the ceremony can be the hardest. We're all here for you xx

<quick no-nonsense hug for SR>

Bearcrumble Fri 10-May-13 20:30:22

Lots and lots of love to Survival and her boys xxx

SconesForTea Sat 11-May-13 08:52:38

Hi everyone. I haven't been on for ages, feel like I can't keep up with life at the moment confused I haven't even been lurking as the internet reception on my phone seems to have vanished.

Right now I'm on morning duty - booooooo - and have parked DD1 in front of Monsters Inc while I catch up on some laptop time. I can hear DD2 cooing away upstairs but am ignoring for now. Terrible mummy? Can't be helped.

Survival you are in my thoughts today more than ever. I imagine today will be very difficult. I do hope you have friends and family around you. flowers

Bizarrely I have been feeling broody too BG. The thing is I don't want another child - I really do find two a challenge most of the time - but I want a BAAAAAAAAAAABY!!!!!! I know it's mental and I am completely ignoring it. Thank goodness for the coil anyway.

Hope your TTC is enjoyable, rainbow SB and Abs! It is the fun part you know!

SR I am not going to kick you either. Here is a brew and flowers. You know you do such a fabulous job and it appears you're not appreciated. Crying shame.

CP I have been meaning to ask how is the new job going?

IC hope DS is better.

BC I had to comment on your post about child-free time and sense of emptiness. That is me EXACTLY. It's a bit of a relief to find that someone else feels the same. Other mothers I know are knackered, but none seem to have 'lost' themselves like I have. Most mothers I know work PT and I think perhaps that is really important in retaining a sense of self. I do feel 'just' a mum. I now have a piano,and I was so looking forward to learning again (last played properly about 20 years ago). Have I done anything about it? No. I haven't even played it apart from once because it woke the girls up, and the only time I can play it is when they are asleep. Honestly sometimes I want to scream about it all.

I don't trust myself to read a book because if I get into a good book, I will not put it down and read until early hours and make myself (even more) shattered. Also I have been known to totally ignore DH for days and refuse to cook or do anything apart from read once the girls are in bed. So I don't even read when I get 'time off'. WHat is wrong with me.

I am working most evenings doing accounting work for a local business. It is really full-on as there is an end of May deadline and tons of work to do. It's great as I am charging by the hour so I have had some money for a change and it felt blissful. But it is really hard fitting it in, in the evenings, and I kind of feel at the end of my tether most days. I have been shouting horribly at DD1. I feel so sad about it but I can't seem to stop mysef at the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now