Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

FEB 2010 Three is a magic number, yes it is......

(999 Posts)

Come and take shelter from the DC here, folks!

<offers tiffin, millionaire shortbread and other forbidden goodies>

StoneBaby Wed 10-Apr-13 14:26:57

How quickly does one get implantation pain? I'm cramping and start been slightly excited. hmm

SconesForTea Wed 10-Apr-13 14:33:55

Ooh FX SB. I got implantation bleeding at about 10 days post conception with my two. If you're feeling unwell though, cramping could be your guts rather than your womb sad I don't think you would feel nausea from pg at this stage. It doesn't start until 6 weeks or so.

StoneBaby Wed 10-Apr-13 14:57:05

With DS I had nausea at 2 weeks. No counting my chickens but it's another ache and it doesn't fit with the other ones

Bearcrumble Wed 10-Apr-13 21:59:50

Fingers crossed sb. I got implantation pain/weirdness about a week after the sex with DD.

SurvivalOfTheUnfittest Thu 11-Apr-13 00:02:02

Midnight wave from Warwickshire!

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 11-Apr-13 06:17:27

FX SB I did had nausea the 1st week after conception with DD2 hmm

NK2b1f2 Thu 11-Apr-13 10:38:03

dd2 is having a difficult time at the moment and keeps asking if she could please be a baby again. She doesn't like it that turning on the tears will no longer get her the desired effect ie she gets her way because she's a baby. She also finds it hard to accept 'no' and doesn't think it applies to her. Up to now I have never really had to tell her off for anything, but now she is getting very independent, adventurous and cheeky she gets a fair bit of telling off especially if she ignores several 'no's. Then she is furious that her full blown stroppy tantrum doesn't get the desired result either! It's a hard life being 3.... wink. dd1 also finds it hard to accept that her sister is now almost as articulate as she is and will no longer 'obey' her. Plus she gets teased mercilessly and takes it personally to be ribbed by a three year old!
Sigh. Can't wait for the girls to go back to school on Monday because they drive me insane with their constant bickering. Everything seems to be a competition at the moment.

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 11-Apr-13 13:50:27

DD2 is ill. All she wants is "mama's belly" hmm nobody is ever going back in there

She has been content to sleep on me though. She is very hot and sleepy. Hope it is just a virus.

rainbowweaver Thu 11-Apr-13 15:24:10

I feel like your DD2. Suddenly have a fever of over 39 C today and all I want to do is sleep....

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 11-Apr-13 18:17:05

<hugs rainbow too>
I have seen dd2's throat, my bet is on strep throat, funny how the school all ask us 3 days ago to have a swab and a all clear before it starts again on monday hmm could they just have said they had an epidemic instead and to look out

rainbowweaver Fri 12-Apr-13 17:37:25

Thanks mous smile. Fever now down to just over normal temp, and my brain has started functioning again. Goodness at 40 C your eyes just close down on you and your brain goes very woolly, so I now know what our LOs went through. Hope your DD2 feeling better too today.

rainbowweaver Fri 12-Apr-13 17:39:35

NK funny enough DH and I had a chat about whether we allow DD to be a baby too much. Normally she's very independent, but when tired she likes to regress to babyhood.

Get well soon everyone!

I'm enjoying a plague-free house - for the moment - goodness knows, those times when we're ALL healthy are rare!

DD is a total convert to nursery now, which is great. Even on Day Two of Needing To Go and only a short power nap, she enjoyed herself thoroughly this afternoon and is already looking forward to the next session. Wind phobia continues, but hopefully the warmer weather will help her get over it.
She's on pretty good form generally though - apart from the usual phobias, but they aren't interfering with things too badly at the moment.

Yesterday DD took a tumble of the arm of the sofa and hit her head. She yelled for a few moments, then shouted "I haven't got a bruise!" when I looked and said "oh dear, a little colourful bruise on your forehead", then immediately stopped crying and asked "Can I see it in the mirror? What colour is it?" When told it was red and green she was thoroughly satisfied. "My favourite colours!"

NK2b1f2 Fri 12-Apr-13 22:02:44

IC Sounds like you have a future doctor on your hands there... grin Clumsy dd2 will now just come to me and say quite matter of factly 'I actually hurt myself' ('Actually' being her new favourite word, as well as 'tiny weeny' instead of teeny weeny)

NK2b1f2 Sun 14-Apr-13 22:39:21

Help, I am falling apart. Any one else finding their body giving up? I had bad SPD when expecting dd2 and it seems to have come back. Lay down with dd1 earlier to read bedtime stories and found myself struggling to get up again. My back had totally seized. Also suddenly have problems again with an old knee injury, so have to be really careful walking up and down stairs. My shoulders and neck are permanently tense from carrying small children around (who now fail to understand they are not quite so small any longer bit still want to be carried occasionally). As for my brain... Oh well.

rainbowweaver Sun 14-Apr-13 23:12:55

My back's been giving me gip. Several twinges in the last 3 years.then a coughing fit put it out. confused

On a completely different topic, someone sent me a free book on the kindle on the 5 love languages www.5lovelanguages.com/ gist is marriage troubles etc due to empty "love tank". "Love tank" fills if emotional needs met. However if wrong love language used for the individuals, then couples not in sync. If however couples use the right language for their partner then both parties have full tanks. Full tanks mean happy people who are more inclined to meet each others' needs, therefore virtuous cycle.

Happy to forward....!

rainbowweaver Sun 14-Apr-13 23:22:37

Incidentally have been experimenting the last 2 days to see if it works, o far o good but too soon to tell yet as whole family have come down with my fever....

Ah NK, that's rubbish....hope it gets better soon x

Likewise, get well soon Family rainbowweaver

NK2b1f2 Tue 16-Apr-13 21:01:06

IC Glad your dd has now settled into nursery. Is she still doing afternoons or have you taken up the offer of a morning session?
dd2 looked a little apprehensive on her first day back after three weeks off but was smiley when I picked her up. Her first comment was 'I had to do lots and lots of running!' It sounded like an accusation and her (new) teacher felt she had to explain they had had PE (which I knew) wink. dd2's second comment was 'I actually had a very lovely day in nursery today' (small sigh). She still likes it, phew grin

rainbowweaver Tue 16-Apr-13 23:39:43

Thanks ic DD's not kept very much food down the last few days, nor eaten very much. The coughing seems to trigger her gag reflex sad. Not drunk much liquids either. We're pretty worried.

ClimbingPenguin Wed 17-Apr-13 08:55:11

Ice lollies? sad

SconesForTea Wed 17-Apr-13 10:10:52

rainbow sad How is DD today?

That love languages book looks interesting but I am a Luddite and don't have a kindle blush One of the (parenting) books I am reading suggested saying 5 positive things to your children/spouse each day. I am managing with DD1 I think (no problems with DD2) but stuggling with DH. I find myself thanking him for going to work/providing for us/doing the weekly shop. He is starting to give me funny looks.

NK great that DD2 is still loving nursery, same for you IC.

DD1 went to nursery without tears yesterday (hurrah!) but I am expecting a struggle this afternoon. I am considering taking her out of nursery one session a week, to go to a CM with DD2. I wonder if it will suit her better; the CM works with another CM and they look after 6 children in total together. I need one afternoon a week to work (need more really but it's a start) and it would be simpler to drop them both at the same childcare instead of DD1 to nursery and DD2 to CM. It depends if the nursery will agree to splitting the EYEE entitlement.

NK I too have permanently stiff back, neck and shoulders. Neck/shoulder pain so bad I can't sleep on one side/look in certain directions. It is the hurly burly of childcare/buggy pushing, and also I'm sure a lot of stress atm. Ignoring in the hope it will magically get better.

Mous hope DD2 is better too.

DD1 likes to pretend to be a baby all the time, I assumed it was because she wants to be a baby like DD2. She crawls a lot, insists on a nappy for poos (I am not fighting that fight at the moment), won't use cutlery to eat any more etc. I don't care really. So long as she is behaving relatively well.

One of the parenting books I bought lately - 123 Magic - is really good. Highly recommended. I don't think I'm doing it properly, need to read it again, but we are already having results.

NK2b1f2 Wed 17-Apr-13 15:18:54

Scones Oh dear, I am not doing well with dh at the moment either. Does it count to NOT say something nasty or spiteful? blush

ClimbingPenguin Wed 17-Apr-13 16:39:20

Me and DH are having some minor issues, we're going on a marriage course in the fall though. I think now we're starting to get some time together we've realised we've been busy since dd was born. Now, just trying to get communicating and spend some time together again.

How's she doing rainbow?

NK we're on the list for a morning session, but still doing three afternoons at the mo. Ironically, that seems to be suiting DD just fine now!!

So, I seem to have helped DD cure her wind phobia with a combination of placebo effect and play therapy...thank goodness, it was getting to be a major drag...literally, at times when DD was screaming to be carried, but I couldn't comply because I was already carrying DS or pushing him in the pram...

So, with much solemnity, honey and glycerin cough medicine was purchased from Boots - very strong stuff, DD was only allowed a small amount and had to say "I like the wind...the wind is my friend...the wind is fun" before she took it (so I guess a bit of amateur CBT too!!). Then we looked at Shirley Hughes' "Thing I Like" which has a poem called "I Like The Wind" and lots of illustrations of a little girl playing happily on windy days. After that, we played a wind game, which basically involved us both blowing at each other's faces and hair and laughing manically.

Then I opened the windows wide so the wind blew in and DD decided it was hilarious when it made her hair move about. Then I said it was time to go outside and DD - who usually has her coat buttoned to the top and holds her hood over her face with both hands - insisted she leave off her coat entirely and giggled every time the wind blew. The first thing she wanted to do at nursery was go out into the garden "I don't want to wear my coat, Mummy!"
When we got home, she played outside for ages and didn't want to come in for supper.

She had a wibble this morning, but a bit more "medicine" and a bit more of the blowing game sorted her out and we've had loads of time outside and she's been fine. Phew. I was starting to get concerned about the lack of exercise and Vitamin D. Here's hoping it lasts.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now