Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - Smiles all round!

(996 Posts)

And the one where Spotty's gang gets some sleep wink

PurplePidjin Mon 04-Feb-13 08:00:42

It bothers R, but i don't realise that's why he won't settle. Grr.

pmgkt Mon 04-Feb-13 08:25:21

Well Edward slept in his own room last night and his first night in a sleeping bag. He did well and settled quicker than in our room. Still woke at his normal time but that's fine.

EggsMichelle Mon 04-Feb-13 08:31:16

I discovered the wet nappy/not settling thing a couple of weeks ago... Didn't stop it from getting so full this morning he leaked, oops!

Someone mentioned bruised boobs, mine do when ever F is having a growth spurt, the bloody ache this morning.

Slept 9.30-12.30 DH fed and put him to bed, wake 3.45, slept 4.30-6.30 then 7-8. DH tried to do two feeds, but the bottle was playing up and wouldn't release the milk, so I had to boob him!

Off to bf group for the first time today, good timing since F has started to fuss on my boob.

Hope that's a big armchair Spotty as I'm going to need to perch on the arm. We went to bed last night at 11 and J slept until 1. Then he went down until 5 (smile). I put him back and went for a wee and when I got back he was whining. DP sat up and said think he needs feeding. Erm nope just done it. About 6:45 he started really whining and DP shook me awake to ask if J was awake or if he was making noises in his sleep?! Get up and look? The Moses basket is on his side of the bed! Turned out he had a wet nappy too. DP had had almost 8 hours uninterrupted sleep (after a weekend away) and couldn't get up and check a bloody nappy 15 mins before his alarm went off. I am angry

FriendofDorothy Mon 04-Feb-13 09:12:29

I didn't do a nappy change overnight and this morning it was a giant yellow poosplosion necessitating a bath!

Secondsop Mon 04-Feb-13 09:23:00

Re nappies, when Z was brand new he'd cry and not settle as soon as there was the slightest bit of wee in his nappy. Now, though, he'd go for hours without being bothered by wee, and we have to keep remembering to change him, at which point we normally have a massively heavy nappy and we try to work out if it's made his top 10 heavy nappies.

I'm scared to go to baby group on my own! Someone slap some sense into me!

7weeks isn't too little for multi sensory is it? Will I look like a PFB dick? confused

Do it WillYou it's all about meeting new people at this stage smile I don't like going to things on my own either blush

MyDaydream Mon 04-Feb-13 10:40:50

I do a nappy change with every feed after discovering the bottle warmer takes the same amount of time as a nappy change. E doesn't seem bothered by being wet though.
Had a better night but think I was just so tired I slept through a lot of the noise. Finally got him settled at 1.30, up again about 4 for an hour and then he came into bed with me at 6.30 because he woke himself up and can't resettle himself in his crib. But then DP kept me awake slamming about getting ready for work. If he doesn't change his attitude I'll be pulling up my angry armchair. At the minute I'm just quietly seething at him but he's pushing his luck. His grandma passed away last week so I'm giving him space to grieve how he wants but he's taken the piss this weekend and I'm starting to think he's goading me to pick an argument with him the way he's acting. Barely spoke to me all Saturday and walked round with a face on, sighed like Kevin the teenager whenever I asked him to so something for his son and stayed in bed until 2pm on Sunday. When he went to work last night his parting shot was "you don't love me because you think I don't pull my weight" and he left without saying goodbye this morning even though I was awake. I don't know how long I let him get away with being a twat before I tell him to get a grip.

Okay coat is on. Baby is in pram. Off I go [sob] hope the bigger girls aren't mean to me!

MyDaydream Mon 04-Feb-13 10:42:37

Willyou do it, it'll be worth it! I hate going to things on my own I'm so shy and I'm off to try make friends at bfing group today.

grin WillYou you will really enjoy it I'm sure!

MyDaydream that sounds hard you definitely have more patience than me I hope he comes home in a happier mood later

EggsMichelle Mon 04-Feb-13 10:52:23

Daydream, death in the family does not warrant behaving like a dick, it sounds like he is taking the piss. Offer him the chance to talk about his feelings, and if he refuses then put him in his place.

willyou, enjoy yourself, I'm off to my first group alone today, I'm quite excited!

A cafe in our nearest town has a morning a week where mums get a free cake when they buy a drink but I'm too scared. Could go to the bf group every other Monday but all these are 20 minute drive away which is annoying!

Stacks Mon 04-Feb-13 11:05:42

Willyou I hate going to groups on my own, but it's the only option! The first week at my bf group I didn't talk to anyone, I came home after and made the decision to talk to one different person each week. On week 3 now and I exchanged mobile numbers with one of the mums to go out together. Stick with it, make an effort and reap the rewards.

We had a bad afternoon yesterday, T refused to sleep from midday till 10pm. He kept dropping off but waking up within a few minutes. However, after finally falling asleep at 10 he slept till 4. Fed then went down til 7. Not sure it was worth the fuss of no sleep yesterday, but it was lovely.

I came I saw I conquered Jamie threw up grin 'twas okay and Jamie loved having a bit of voile to chew on instead of his usual teddy dog! And baby massage starts Friday. Think I'll give new mum boot camp a miss tomorrow. I may pop to my work to show off the baby. I say pop, it's an 80 mile round trip.

That's shit daydream sounds like you've got the measure if him. He's in a grump (understandable but not acceptable) and sp

Oops

Spoiling for a fight. If he pushes you til you start it, he'll make out he doesn't know what you're talking about and say its your fault. I think you need to pull him up in it before you blow your stack!

Oh yes Stack the fighting sleep, got that here too. Great fun. Jealous of your night though. Jamie slept for hours but has taken to moaning loudly in His sleep. he's so noisy we can't sleep at the same time as him.

MyDaydream Mon 04-Feb-13 13:46:41

I was all on track to make bfing group, got out of the shower and he fed for two hours. Okay so I'd be a bit late no problem. Changed him and he pissed everywhere, cleaned up and he sicked everywhere, had a bath and now were back to feeding. Totally not making the group now and am just waiting for the poo that usually follows baths. I want to cry. At least he smells lovely.
Willyou, glad you had fun at your group, ill be learning the lessons of today and hopefully will make bumps and babies on Thursday.

Barbeasty Mon 04-Feb-13 14:05:27

I think I might take a seat on the angry armchair and put my feet up on the sobbing sofa.

Our carbon monoxide alarm was going off this morning. So I had to turn the gas off while we waited for someone to come out. They turned the gas back on but turned the boiler off and we're waiting for British Gas to come out. The alarm started going off again half an hour ago but has stopped now I've turned the gas off again and opened windows.

While all that was going on the bank.had randomly changed my address to the house we moved from 5 years ago. This meant that my 2 attempts to pay,my credit card bill online didn't work, except they've released the funds so I'm almost at my overdraft limit.

I had to go into town to the branch to get the address changed back and extend the overdraft. Had to do all that with baby & todler, and get back within the hour for the gas man to look at the boiler. Who still isn't here. And now we're missing play group, so DD is playing up a bit.

Like drawing a selection of pictures on the wall in purple felt tip. She had to climb on a table to cover the full 5 and a bit feet of her work.

Grrr!

On no Barbeasty! What a horrible day, have some carrot cake and brew

Well done WillYou smile

Sorry you day isn't going so well MyDaydream sad

Ds has been asleep all day hmm hopefully not in fit a bad night!

Chloe55 Mon 04-Feb-13 14:20:33

Oh no, sounds like some very stressful days going on today-hope they start to improve! Dreading the school run as it looks so bloody miserable out there and dd just dropped off after a very sporadic sleeping day so she'll be proper grumpy when I wake her up to go. Also can't be bothered to take ds to beavers later and the house needs a good tidy so I really shouldn't be on here, I should be cleaning.

Dd's poo is going slightly more yellow instead of the green we have had all week so I'm hoping her bowels/my milk are returning to some sort of normality.

Did anyone have SPD OK n their pregnancy. Mine was particularly bad resulting in crutches and a wheelchair for long distance-just wondered if your pelvis still creaks and cracks during the night? I'm having physio for my split abs and back and she said it will improve when my muscles do but worried its still clicking hmm

interwebmum Mon 04-Feb-13 14:21:14

Hello All,

I'm quite envious of all the clubs and coffee mornings you are going to. There's nothing at all here. In the UK women seem to be really keen to meet other mums, but in France it just doesn't happen because most women are straight back to full time work after maternity leave. I'm also living in a very boring town because of my DP's job so very little to do at all. Also made worse by being snow bound. So I'm biding my time until he gets tranfered. (rant over)

barbeasty LOL to dunk monster!

spotty had a go at milk on the nappy rash today and seymore, I've started leaving the nappy off for 10mins after each day time change. So lets see. I'm determined to beat the bugger!

It seems I'm not the only one being driven mad by the DP. At least he's a bloody good cook that's not why I married him, honest. He made scallops in leek and cream sauce in crepes for lunch. Yum! (sorry for gratuitous showing off) grin

Barbeasty Mon 04-Feb-13 14:22:45

I've had pear cake and tea!

Somehow I've agreed to do some sponge painting with DD instead of playgroup...

Secondsop Mon 04-Feb-13 14:30:16

Oh god, I feel so awful - I screamed at little Z because he wouldn't stop throwing up or crying, and I was so frustrated and hungry as I hadn't eaten yet today, and the poor little thing just got more and more upset at me screaming at him. Finally he took a dummy and stopped crying and is now asleep in my arms (but just in nappy and vest - didn't manage to put a sleepsuit on) and I feel so dreadful as he was looking up at me with those big brown eyes, so upset and confused because the person he needed comfort from was also the person making him even more upset. Could he be unwell? He seems fine now. Or is he at the stage where he is more aware of how a post-feed vomit is unpleasant and is just more upset by it?

Chloe55 Mon 04-Feb-13 14:51:07

second I'd just keep an eye on him and if he seems particularly unsettled the rest of the day i'd prob get him checked over what's his temp like? Try not to feel guilty about the shouting, its hard when you are tired and hungry and they won't stop crying. Just remember its his only form of communication and if it gets too much put him down and go make a cuppa, the times I've done that and gone back to the room dd has fallen asleep smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now