Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011 - nearly 2, it's still all about you <disclaimer, I might be having a bad day>

(997 Posts)
UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 01-Feb-13 18:33:04

grin

Thanks to Frak, thread title queen!

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 15-Feb-13 18:50:14

Kitty, I can send you a couple of boxes of gaviscon if you need it. F rarely uses it anymore, but the default prescription was for 4 boxes.

Kittycatcat Fri 15-Feb-13 19:01:31

I might take you up on that ubw, thanks. A mate has 4 boxes for me. My prescription was only two but I asked for more today. Cheers

fraktion Fri 15-Feb-13 21:10:23

Much sympathy on the refluxy coldiness. DS is really suffering sad Lasy night was horrific and then tonight we went out and he screamed when we left and was screaming when I got back sad Feel like a terrible mother.

Kittycatcat Fri 15-Feb-13 21:19:03

You are a wonderful mother frak. Children don't do ill well. How are you feeling?

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sat 16-Feb-13 18:50:24

I'm sure he was fine in between, Frak.

We're attempting the Big Boy Bed tonight. (sides off cotbed) I've moved the chair to the foot of his bed. He's just hopped an elephant up to my shoulder and is attempting to climb over the footboard onto me. We started early, anticipating some hilarity.

Should I just go and leave him to it or keep doing the supernanny back-to-bed routine?

We're fully prepared to put the sides back in at 3am.

Kittycatcat Sat 16-Feb-13 18:57:27

Good luck ubw.

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sat 16-Feb-13 19:20:11

I stayed till 7, and have come downstairs. I can hear him pottering around through the ceiling, but the monitor is quiet.

Just heard a big noise, but I'm pretty sure it was next door letting his cats out...

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sat 16-Feb-13 19:25:10

Just found him sitting in the chair emptying a pack of wipes...

TwentiethCenturyGirl Sat 16-Feb-13 19:40:56

grin and that is why DD is staying in her cot until she goes to high school! Good luck!

There must be something in the water tonight. We are being treated to her full repertoire of songs through he monitor...

Kittycatcat Sat 16-Feb-13 20:02:02

Argh I hope not. I have Bombay sapphire and dairy milk. Dh is pissy with me cos I accepted ikea storage toy boxes from a friend without checking with him 'well you've made your mind up' 'the ones we bought were perfect'said sarcastically! I said they were perfect when we had one son on his own in the room. And I flipped out with s in front of my step nan. When I got in from taking her home dh asked if I'm ok and got a teary I don't know I response. This week was better so I really don't know.

fraktion Sat 16-Feb-13 20:07:55

Well M is downstairs having refused point blank to sleep but I want dinner. 2 weeks time I'm starting gradual withdrawal.

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sat 16-Feb-13 20:38:07

Well F is finally asleep. About normal time for him, he usually does some extensive cot-roaming anyway. I expected worse, he eventually just stayed in bed, cuddled his bears and went to sleep. I was half expecting to find him asleep in the middle of the floor in a pile of toys.

Hopefully he'll be happy to entertain himself for a bit in the morning. But I won't hold my breath. grin

We are on wake up number 3! I think this might be us for the day. Dbro is here, but we didn't go out as B wasn't settling (I wasn't fussed about going out anyway). His bum is red raw with nappy rash. He screams in anticipation of a change. We've gone back to warm water and cotton wool instead of wipes but he hates us touching it. I could cry for him it looks so sore sad

kitty you are gong to have good days and bad days through this. Small insignificant things are going to send you up the wall, and someone asking if you are ok is going to make you cry. It doesn't mean the the good days you did have didn't happen, but it does suggest you do need some RL support. Have you seen your HV yet? I really can't express how much of a relief it was to speak to my HV (and you guys of course) that first step is always the hardest, but it is she first step in getting the old you back smile ((((hugs))))

JKSLtd Sun 17-Feb-13 06:18:54

What Fizz said, Kitty (hugs)

UBW - you're brave!! We have the bed ready for DD but I keep finding excuses to delay the move grin

Up here with DS2, 5.50 yesterday & 6 today, which for him isn't bad at all.
I spent yesterday in bed/on the sofa/on the loo with a poorly stomach. It still aches today but hopefully I'll be able to do more.
Though staying in bed until 2pm dozing on and off was rather nice smile

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 17-Feb-13 07:02:02

Oh no,JKS, sounds rubbish.

I 3rd Fizz, Kitty.

F slept well in the end, but woke up about 4:30. He stayed in bed and dozed, I ignored him till just after 5 (which is nearly normal wake-up time here) but couldn't convince him to go back to sleep.

DH is off mountain biking this morning. I think we'll go and have a sedate pootle on my bike too. Although I foresee mega tantrums from most parties by lunchtime.

Morning, how was everyone's weekend? Did the sleep fairies come last night?

I need to tell someone this and I'm not telling anyone IRL. I bought the Paul McKenna gastric band book and listened to the hypno bit last night. I feel fantastic today. I slept like the proverbial baby (we all know that baby doesn't exist) I feel like a weight <boom boom> has lifted. I've been in a bit of a fug recently, dark night dark mornings probably, but the snowdrops are out and that made me smile, spring is coming.

I am sceptical that listening to a voice can make me lose weight, but if listening to it can make me feel like this then I'm happy!

Daisy17 Mon 18-Feb-13 09:36:04

Whatever works, Fizz.....So glad it's given you such a lift - and the sun and the snowdrops are so gorgeous, aren't they? Unmumsnety hugs. smile

Kittycatcat Mon 18-Feb-13 11:08:43

That sounds great fizz. As do you grin

TwentiethCenturyGirl Mon 18-Feb-13 11:18:43

smile Fizz.

I've used his 'I can help you sleep' app when I've been having spells of insomnia. I only ever use the sleep trance bit but there's something really calming about it.

No chance of not eating here today. We're having a sponsored bake off in the office and I've been volunteered as our team's Mary Berry. I like cake as much as the next person but am sceptical about being able to eat eight pieces. I'm feeling sick in anticipation!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 18-Feb-13 12:59:35

The snowdrops are out here too. In our local park it was like there was a blanket of them on the ground.

We have had my niece and nephew to stay since Friday. It has been great but I am now knackered! They are off in a few hours, the ds's will be bereft.

Brendan Cole's show was fab. I'm not a particular fan of his, but he does put on a good show. A local girl was one of the dancers so the atmosphere in the theatre was great.

I now feel inspired to bake 20th, enjoy the cake testing grin

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Mon 18-Feb-13 13:20:28

Come on, Fizz, how many of us did hypnobirthing?! There's definitely something in it, and if it's making you feel good and it's not crack! then even better grin

It's half term, it's sunny, and we're having our laminate put in downstairs! Fortunately, a toddler group was on so we've been out this morning.

We're now having a picnic lunch up on the landing. Hoping F will have a sleep soon.

<arf> its definitely not crack! I know there must be something in it! I didn't do hypnobirthing, but I sort of wish I had! I'm getting more and more "new age" in my old age! I might just go and get patuli oil and braid my hair for full hippy effect!

Sun is out here again! It definitely part of my good humour too!

Kittycatcat Mon 18-Feb-13 18:01:52

Advance apologies for yet another me me me post. I've just had a massive meltdown. Alex has new restless today. Went lakeside with my dsil. He cried on and off. And now he hasn't slept since 230 and won't and its toolset now cos ill put him to bed at 7. I've never screamed like it in my life. He was in his cot. It wasn't at him. I just screamed and cried. Now he's falling asleep in my arms. Grrr. We are both snotty and huffy. Why didn't I believe anyone when they said i would have my work cut out? An old (ER) lady looked at me and pointed at him crying today and I had to ignore her or I would have screamed at her. Now my throat hurts from screaming. I don't think dh is getting me either. I will call the hv.

Oh kitty, are you on your own or is DH there? If dh is there, pass all responsibility for bedtime onto him tonight. Can you get out the house, a walk or a drive?

If dh isn't there, call him and get him home, you need him more than whatever or wherever he is.

I'm here so keep posting if you need to. Or message me on FB. Xxx

fraktion Mon 18-Feb-13 19:35:14

Also mostly here.

Sometimes you need to scream or cry just from sheer frustration. It's not you, it's not them, it's the alignment if the stars or something and it just all gets too much.

<big hugs>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now