Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011 - nearly 2, it's still all about you <disclaimer, I might be having a bad day>

(997 Posts)
UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 01-Feb-13 18:33:04

grin

Thanks to Frak, thread title queen!

ecuse Thu 02-May-13 13:38:47

Feeling quite blush about the amount of TV she gets plonked in front of but, in my defense, because of current living arrangements (computer fixing business in front room) it's not safe to leave her alone in the living room playing with her toys. There are screwdrivers, bits of memory chip and other people's laptops all over the place so she has to be really closely supervised. And we have to get the housework done somehow so she gets strapped into her highchair whilst we're cleaning the bathroom or doing the washing up or cooking the dinner! Keep promising myself she will watch less TV when we've moved...

JKSLtd Thu 02-May-13 14:04:59

Ubw - more hugs today, I don't know how working mums do it so you have my respect. And work+sleep deprivation/child-free time deprivation must be torture.

Dd doesn't watch that much tv but does play on my phone a lot & loves YouTube for all sorts of random things though I have to keep an eye/ear out obv.
Did you know you can watch a guy opening kinder eggs on there?!?!
Makes for interesting viewing when you're 2 apparently...

I tend to let her play after breakfast then I can get dressed tidy up etc.
And if I actually want to get anything done properly when she has no brothers around to entertain her, then phone it is.

I may be about to be kicked off MN for life.

Today I won a voucher at work in a competition

IT'S FOR GREGGS!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 02-May-13 20:16:23

gringrin

Mmmmmm sausage rolls grin

JKSLtd Thu 02-May-13 20:20:23

Yummy!
<norty>

I was thinking steak bakes and toffee doughnuts!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 03-May-13 08:05:39

{{UBW}} - I should imagine a lot of wage earners feel like you do. Being the wage earner is just as important a role as being the SAHP. They have to compliment each other, but of course that doesn't mean that you are always happy with your role. Both dh and I have had moments of 'why are we bothering doing this?'. Luckily it's fleeting.

MrsW- I have had it before when pg, but it has corrected itself. Do you have a cough with your cold? I remember having it when I had a vomitting bug and then again when I had a cough. Remember to do your kegels!

How has the potty training been going? It sounds like she's doing really well.

Good to hear M is getting better nom. fingers crossed he's off the oxygen soon xx

Greggs sausage rolls are my guilty pleasure blush

B started play group yesterday. CM dropped him as I couldn't get off work, but today I have to take him. And his forms for preschool came yesterday shock. Where did my squidgy baby go?

What to do with my free 2 hours??? smile

ecuse Fri 03-May-13 09:53:43

2 free hours? Bliss! envy

Here are few thing finer than a cup of hot coffee and a chocolate digestive whilst watching greys anatomy! 20 minutes until pick up!

ecuse Fri 03-May-13 12:55:54

UBW you made the talk round-up and made me <boak> in one fell swoop.

Just saw that too! Our very own David Attenbourgh! All science questions we have should be directed to UBW! (iPad always wants to correct that to UB40!)

GreenFirefly Fri 03-May-13 13:43:32

contracts to UBW smile. I didn't realise all spiders shed but it makes sense if some do. I actually like spiders and other creepy crawlies- my colleges thought I was odd yesterday for trying to pick up the bumble bee that ws on my office floor.
I've just had my Friday test of how quickly I can eat a sandwich from the deli before M wants to steal all the bread. Maybe a quarter today by distracting her with cake grin
we're of to the park soon for ice cream, then I have my 24 week check at the docs. Where has the time gone?

JKSLtd Fri 03-May-13 15:16:14

Omg Ubw
Not sure my life needed that info

Shudder

grin

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 03-May-13 18:00:10

grin grin I've just seen the roundup! So honoured to have had a mention, AND be compared to my idol! grin

Thanks for all your help this week. We're so sleep deprived again. F is happier after an epic nap with cm today.

Sorry to hear about the incontinence! I never did have the post tear investigations, so it's something I've go to look forward to!

We're saving potty training till the summer hols. He's shown no interest since the pox.

Hope M is ok, Nom, and you're ok too. x

Hopefully we're off camping tomorrow!

Kittycatcat Fri 03-May-13 19:44:36

Quick hello from Spain!

Boys have been stars do far!

Hugs ubw!

<in the voice of derek jacobi> Where have the aprilites gone? Iggl piggl have you seen the aprilites?

I need to get a life! Did everyone have a good bank holiday weekend? Or are you all still recovering from heat stroke? <glares out window at sun wondering where it was yesterday>

Head shoulders knees and toes is a new favourite, although shoulders gets missed all the time! Poor shoulders!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 07-May-13 19:33:36

Hello Fizz grin

It has been a lovely day here. Tomorrow it is going to rain, and it is my birthday. Ho hum.
Boob appointment at the hospital on Thursday. Ho hum again.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 07-May-13 19:53:27

We had a jam packed weekend, so we are all knackered.

We went for a fab walk on Saturday. We walked about 6 miles, ds3 was in and out the buggy, but ds2 walked about 5 of those miles. He was absolutely shattered grin It was lovely to do such a long walk again, our distance has been limited as ds2 has refused to walk anything over a couple of miles.

I hope you're having a lovely time Kitty smile

I didn't realise the weathe was supposed to break tomorrow. I've been enjoying getting a bit of colour.

Are you doing anything for your birthday Ali? I hope you have a fab day smile

Everything crossed for the boob appointment {{squeeze}}

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 07-May-13 19:54:37

That squeeze was for the whole of your body, I wasn't groping your tits grin

Arf at ILike having a grope!

Happy birthday for tomorrow Ali!

B in bed, dh at football. Just me biscuit brew and my knitting plus Holby city! When did I become Middle Aged?

Apprentice is on later! Best quote from the clips so far "I have many fingers in many pies, and as many fingers as I have talents" gold, comedy gold!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 07-May-13 20:48:29

ILike that has made me laugh grin

Not up to much tomorrow, we had a lovely weekend with my parents and one of my brothers, and I got cake and singing. I might go out for lunch with T, although he is going through a dreadful phase with table manners so perhaps more stressful to go out!!

GreenFirefly Tue 07-May-13 21:39:09

Hope you have a loevly day tomorrow, Ali.

We've had a lovely weekend - very warm and sunny. We've played with the water table, visited friends, went to the pub on Sunday afternoon - it's usually quiet then so toddlers can run round and not be causing mayhem to other customers (who were all outside anyway). I had one of my first drinks this pregnancy - a lovely half of perry smile
Back to work this morning and then to the park again this afternoon for an ice-cream.
I've also used the good weather to put anything that stayed still long enough into the washing machine, then onto the line.

Who was asking for DVD recommendations? We haven't tried any films but M loves to watch the Mr Men alphabet hunt. The intro song is really annoying and gets in my head but she seems to enjoy it and has now started pointing out letters in books. I didn't think we'd be doing things like that for a good while yet!

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Wed 08-May-13 23:15:35

Hello,

Happy birthday, Ali. Thinking of you for tomorrow - hope it's all entirely reassuring.

We had a lush weekend. We went camping, F loved it! We had some great bonding time, best bit was having him snuggle in with us on Sunday morning. He woke up with us again after a bit and just stared at me grinning at being in the tent! (And the tent is just incredible, btw!)

The new sleep plan is going well. We've not been pushing a bedtime, but instead focussing on getting him to lie down and go to sleep without the mayhem. So over the weekend it was after 10pm each night (but with corresponding lie in!), and so far this week he's been asleep by 9pm, which is about normal for him. We're now going to try to bring that bedtime forward. We've banned TV, cars and noisy toys after tea (only books & jigsaws), and I'm still sitting in his room while he drifts off. But so far, it's a lot less stressful.

Major issue this week is that we ran out of paper liners for the cloth nappies. He's also decided to eat a bit more this week, and is doing a bit of teething, so we've got several acidy poos a day, onto nice grippy fleece liners. YUK!

Work is starting to ease up a bit too. And year 11 finish in a fortnight. So things are good (although examining starts in 3 weeks!)

Goodto hear things are less stressful UBW. Bedtime plan sounds workable.

Dh keeps mentioning we should get a tent hmm Last time I camped was at T in the park 2000! And that's not real camping, plus the endless supply for booze made things easier! I would compromise at a caravan! Maybe!

We are a sick house again! Althgh the amount of food he is putting away this morning is worrying. But at least he wants to eat eh? <prays for no more vom>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now