Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011 - nearly 2, it's still all about you <disclaimer, I might be having a bad day>

(997 Posts)
UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 01-Feb-13 18:33:04

grin

Thanks to Frak, thread title queen!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 20-Apr-13 08:22:06

Fab news MrsW, boys are great but I may be a tiny bit biased grin

Happy birthday to your dd JKS, the sun is shining for your picnic smile

My IL's move in mysterious ways too, you are not alone. I've just realised your dd and my MIL share a birthday, MIL is 60 today.

How was Meatloaf fizz?

Hope you feel even better this morning firefly, I've had stomach bugs when pregnant. They are grim, but the baby will be fine. Just make sure you're hydrated smile

We're off to the coast today. If anyone is familiar with Grandpa in my Pocket, we are going where the outside scenes for the programme are shot. M gets very excited about seeing Mr Mentor the Inventers lighthouse grin

Kittycatcat Sat 20-Apr-13 08:41:58

Green glad you are feeling better

Mrsw hooray grin boys are fab. Eek re holiday!!

Fizz how was mr loaf?

Jks that's a real shame. As you say the deliverance definitely didn't help. And happy birthday dd

Ilike s loves grandpa in my pocket. Have a lovely day.

We had our new neighbours in for a drink last night and I am currently delaying getting out of bed. They didn't leave til gone 1 by which time I was drunk and seeing two dh's. I'm shattered. Thankfully dh got up with the boys at 6am.

Taking the sides off s' cot today. Eek.

Morning! Meatloaf was fab! Although a little sad to see such a legend really struggling to sing. His band, singers and crowd carried him, but it was still a great gig. I did worry that we might be watching his last moments at one point. Still at 65 he was rocking out!

Got home yesterday at 3 ish, played with B for a bit, then went for a "quick nap" because I was knackered. Um... I only woke up an hour ago! 14 hours sleep shock I did not think I was that tired!

I'm going to throw a theory in here, that is probably all in my mind, but I need to write it down.

Remember ri said we were ttc and I thgh this month was good timing etc? 1) Well AF came early, a week early. To start with it was fairly heavy, about normal, but it only lasted 2-3 days, I'm usually a week.
2) could drink my coffee yesterday morning because of the smell turning my stomach, had to have tea instead
3) dog tiredness. I cold barely keep my eyes open in the car on the way home(whilst a passenger, I wasn't driving with my eyes closed), and the 14 hours marathon sleep session mentioned above.
4) I have an odd pain to my lower abdomen, in sort of ovary position that comes and goes.

Now this could all be in my head, as I have already said, but I couldn't drink coffee with B, only tea, I was knackered for the first few weeks, before I even knew I as pg, so much so my boss was asking what was wrong with me. I had lower abdomen pain, albeit on the other side, with B for the first couple of months. Feels like being poked from the inside.

So, could the light shorter AF be implantation? Is what I'm asking, I still had the usual cramps with it, and if it weren't for the coffe and tiredness I would just chalk it up to my odd cycles.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 21-Apr-13 08:25:11

Fizz it is the tiredness that is the biggest hint - POAS! grin

JKS - hope you had a good day yesterday for M's birthday smile

Even with the dodgy AF Ali?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 21-Apr-13 09:27:26

POAS POAS POAS POAS POAS POAS

DO IT!

Extreme tiredness has always been my tell tale sign - plus feeling wobbly in supermarkets (I have no idea what that was about!)

We had a glorious day at Southwold yesterday, absolutely great. We had jeans and jackets on, but you could still feel the warmth of the sun on your skin <bliss>

Off to a birthday party with ds2 in a while, then back home for some time in the garden and a BBQ. It looks like another cloudless day here today. I may even crack open the sandals grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 21-Apr-13 10:15:56

Even with the dodgy AF. A week early is a long time, and about the right time after ovulation to implant.
If it all comes to nothing then at least you know!

ILike the weather is lovely here too - the boys were outside for hours yesterday, we had all the doors open and it was lovely.

DH has been dispatched to buy a stick. Will report back.

Ave a stick. But don't need a wee yet. Should I do a thread? Every one loves a poas thread! confused <shitting ones self>

JKSLtd Sun 21-Apr-13 12:53:12

Obv we want you to poas Right Now but... If you can wait til tomorrow morning, better chance of a clear result.
Or just do it now & buy more! grin

I have 2 sticks! And I've started a thread in chat. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Drinking juice, and waiting for the weeing urge

Negative, feel a bit of an idiot now.

JKSLtd Sun 21-Apr-13 13:40:58

Definitely do the other one first thing tomorrow then, fingers crossed for a BFP smile

Yesterday was lovely, perfect weather, lots of friends came to the park, the kids played nicely, all food was eaten, etc. Think we were there for about 4 hours, then one friend & her DS came back for a cuppa, then we all collapsed exhausted smile

DD loves her dolls house, Peppa Pig stuff, new buggy, and a tin teaset. (& other stuff too but they are the top ones so far)

GreenFirefly Sun 21-Apr-13 14:46:35

Fizz, I agree do another first thing.

JKS sounds like a great day. We were at a party yesterday too all out in the garden, great weather for it smile

I fear M might be getting my bug from Friday - she fell asleep on me before midday for a good hour and a half, then we changed her nappy which had been on all morning and was completely dry. She refused snacks, lunch and isn't really drinking - just holding her cup. And whining for England. Also refused calpol. DH has taken her out in the pram for a change of scenery and to see if it'll cheer her up.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 21-Apr-13 15:58:00

Fizz don't feel an idiot, perfectly valid reasons to think that you might be! Do another in the morning and then if not, onto next month smile

JKS - sounds lovely smile

My parents are here today. Chaos reigns grin

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 21-Apr-13 18:04:20

Don't feel an idiot, Fizz. The games not up till tomorrow morning at the very least.

JKS, we're all here for whatever you need. And when it comes to it, some of us are in Devon, if you need local(ish) support.

Sorry to hear people are feeling grim. Hope you're all better soon.

Very excited about bump news! Time is FLYING!

I heard yesterday a friend is pg, bless her though she's so sick! And another old uni friend was due to have her baby last week... No news as yet.

I think DH is gradually coming round to the idea of a second. And I think that I'm consistently erring towards wanting a 2nd. We're provisionally talking about ttc summer 2014.

Still negative sad

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 22-Apr-13 08:41:35

{{{Fizz}}} it might still be too early. If the symptoms persist maybe test next week?

I hope M is better today firefly

Another sunny day here today, but looking at the forecast it will be cold, wet and rainy for I's birthday and party. Annoying.

Ah well, we'll enjoy the sun while we have it smile

JKSLtd Mon 22-Apr-13 13:06:01

Aww Fizz, def give it a few more days and if still tired, etc, test again.

UBW - that's v kind, i hadn't realised some of us were down that way - not really thought about where anyone is in RL, you all just live in my laptop grin

This will be a better week <determined> had a Pampered Chef thing this morning, got a birthday lunch out tomorrow, and so on. Bad news has no place here smile

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Mon 22-Apr-13 17:20:29

Sorry Fizz, hope it's just a bit early.

We've come home to a puking F (on the way back from the school run, apparently). Although since we got home he's been acting entirely normal and apparently ravenous. He's currently munching on a Goodies Fruit Bar, so we'll see how this pans out.

I hate puke.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 22-Apr-13 18:12:47

Fizz - I feel bad now for raising your hopes, sorry sad

UBW - I hate puke too. A child vomited all over the playground at school pick up a couple of weeks ago, god it was grim. envy <-- sick face

I seem to have a lump in my left boob. Got Mum to have a prod yesterday (retired GP) and she thinks it is just where I'm losing weight but also T is feeding less and so things might be getting a bit blocked up and the breast tissue is moving around. It is making me a bit twitchy though, really must try not to poke it because I've made myself sore.
I do seem to have awful health anxiety at the moment, so I'm considering a trip to the GP to discuss my mental health. Ho hum.

Don't be silly Ali, I posted for someone to say exactly what you said!

Get the lump checked out for your own peace of mind. I have naturally grissley boobs and the first lump I found was terrifying, but now I just get the GP to have a feel every so often for my own kicks grin

If its sore with prodding, ice and heat and try to not prod. If its feeding related the ice and heat will help too.

It is scary, but like you say, a chat with your GP is probably best smile ((((hugs))))

JKSLtd Mon 22-Apr-13 20:49:46

I think from now on if I find a lump I'll be getting it checked out at the gp after a friend here going through treatment after finding a lump.
I was a bit blase before but she is the same age as me, young kids, etc.
Somehow that has brought it home.
Equally, dropping bf is far more likely to be the cause smile

JKSLtd Mon 22-Apr-13 20:50:33

Oh I hate puke too - don't want to say it <whispers> but we've been puke-free for a while now <tempts fate>

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Tue 23-Apr-13 07:38:38

Glad your mum was reassuring, Ali. Like JKS, though, I think I'd get anything looked at properly these days.... my Aunt had proper breast cancer when she was only a couple of years older than I am now. She's all good now though!

Well, here I am, watching cbeebies with a toddler on a Tuesday in term time! I've just seen the presenters doing a version of 'big fish, little fish, cardboard box'! Brilliant! Along with Guy Garvey doing story time yesterday, I'm wondering who their target audience really is!

I'm not updating till the risk of jinx is passed...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now