Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

April 2011 - nearly 2, it's still all about you <disclaimer, I might be having a bad day>

(997 Posts)
UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 01-Feb-13 18:33:04

grin

Thanks to Frak, thread title queen!

TwentiethCenturyGirl Sun 07-Apr-13 19:30:30

That's good Firefly. DD is always running into things (doors, table legs, toys...) and I always fear the worse but luckily the marks seem to fade quite quickly. Not what you need before a visit to the HV though!

Everything ok kitty? Hope it was better than expected.

Kittycatcat Sun 07-Apr-13 19:39:31

True to their word it was like nothing had happened. I feel better about everything but still don't want it for more than a year.
A is ill. Three up milk yest. Terrible night resulting in co sleeping from 230. Sick with milk this am. Bought up his dinner tonight. Think its caused by a slight runny nose and cough.

JKSLtd Sun 07-Apr-13 21:09:52

Hey Kitty - sympathies. Glad today is over at least.

Spent a lot of time at the beach today, cold but gorgeous sunshine, lovely.

And DD was so much better on the beach than last year, really hoping we get to spend lots of time there this summer - without her eating half of it! grin

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 07-Apr-13 21:13:45

Us Brits are the masters of ignoring the elephant in the room aren't we confused

Like Fizz said, MW's wouldn't know very much about reflux. They wouldn't need to. The vast majority of babies are signed off at 10 days old.

We had a lovely day today. We went to the NT estate in the village and they had Napoleonic re- enactors there. They were really good. A whole camp with different types of soldiers in (cavalry, French soldiers, Scots Guards etc), marching, artillery display. The sun was shining and the boys could run around to their hearts content.

Oh, and ds3's new phrase? 'in your face'. i Don't know whether to be blush shock or proud!

JKSLtd Sun 07-Apr-13 21:19:10

LOL ILike! DD says 'shh, norty, baby sleeping' whenever I'm saying anything she doesn't want to hear grin hmm

Kittycatcat Sun 07-Apr-13 22:36:46

Haha love the phrases. S is a chatterbox now and remembers so much stuff.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 08-Apr-13 08:26:44

I also get shh'd when I am saying something he doesn't want to hear - or when I sing blush

I'm trying to decide what to do today. Judging by their current behaviour, the boys need a run - they really are like dogs at times! Maybe we'll go and visit the new sheep in a paddock near us. I think they've been put there to clear the overgrown grass so the horses can go back there when it gets warmer.

Ds2 is off to his Granny's this arvo. So I think I'll take ds3 into town and get some birthday cards and presents. Ds2 seems to have a party to go to nearly every weekend at the moment. I think tea and cake may have to happen too - it would be rude not to!

Ello! I'm football widow tonight, Man U v city! Very tense. B is asleep in the spare room, he appears to be terrified/really angry at his cot just now. Maybe time to take the sides off?

Kitty, how were things today?

Kittycatcat Mon 08-Apr-13 21:20:43

It was all fine fizz. They seemed to being trying to ease off a bit so maybe something sunk in a bit. Just little things like asking if I wanted s's coat on (I don't In the car). Dh told mil to wind a alot today (without me prompting) as he's been poorly and he was fine. Looked into childcare vouchers at work. Can't afford it but it'll help when a starts in a year.

Still not called the doc.

We are taking the sides of S's cot in a week cos he has to sleep in abed in Spain. You go first and report back wink

I'm getting some telephone counselling through the NHS it say only Scotland on my link, but I would think that there would be something similar where you are. Speaking to your GP doesn't have to mean pills.

Kittycatcat Mon 08-Apr-13 22:42:41

Thanks fizz. I will look tomorrow.

Kittycatcat Tue 09-Apr-13 22:30:45

Dh is ill. Upset tum and wiped out. S is ill v and d. A has been sick. Poss poo too judging by the smell in their room but I'm not waking him. Fil has v and d. Sil has upset time so does dnc. Dnp been sick. Dbil sick. So that leaves me... Starting to feel a bit off. And dmil. Dfil said they best not have the boys tomorrow in case dmil gets it so waiting to see what the morning brings for me and dh. Dh never gets ill. He's doing a marathon Sunday. I hope he's ok.

Daisy17 Wed 10-Apr-13 08:17:04

Oh no, Kitty, how grim. brew flowers Not what you need just as you were getting into the swing of things.

Kittycatcat Wed 10-Apr-13 08:21:30

S not himself today. Prob exhausted. I've just put him to bed with dh. I've stayed home as there's nobody to have the boys but I don't feel 100% myself. Hopefully just tiredness.a ok so far.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 10-Apr-13 08:44:07

Oh kitty, how rubbish for you all. Hopefully it will be on its way out soon, luckily d&v doesn't tend to hang around. Be scrupulous about hand washing and hopefully you'll be ok, fingers crossed.

We have had to cancel our plans today. Ds2 has had a coldsore come up and we were due to meet some friends. One of the children is immuno compromised, and being around coldsores is a real no no.

I think a day of baking may be on the cards. Ds2 is manageable in the kitchen, but ds3 is like a bloody whirlwind. I could need wine with my lunch ......

Anyone else watching the Great British Sewing Bee? I feel inspired but have zero talent!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 10-Apr-13 09:54:34

kitty - erugh how rubbish. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

T is driving me up the wall. Yesterday he grabbed DS1's glasses off his face and broke them - this is the new pair we have had for about a fortnight, after being without glasses for two weeks while we ordered new ones - because T had broken the previous pair too!! I absolutely lot the plot and really yelled at him, and then felt awful. Fortunately the lovely people in Boots had identical spare frames and were able to swap them straight away and didn't charge me. No idea how that has worked, but there we are.
Then this morning he totally wrecked my room while I was in the shower. Cleaner comes on Wednesday so it needs to be tidy, and we are going to see my grandma for the day once we get out of the door.

What can I do with him? He says sorry but then does something else violent and destructive the next minute/hour/day. <counts to 1000>

ILike - I have no talent either, none whatsoever. Would love to be able to make my own stuff, how awesome!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 10-Apr-13 14:41:02

I'm not surprised you had the rage over the glasses. Ds3 is somewhat wild and feral at the moment.

Whilst some of it is his personality, I also think a great deal of his undesirable behaviour is learnt from ds2. Ds2's behaviour is mostly fab, but ds3 always picks up on small bits of the awful behaviour. We have had hitting and attempted biting from ds3 - mostly directed at ds2 when they are playing 'rough games', and Lordy they are rough with each other.

It's a difficult one because for so long we have told M to be careful and gentle with I. But I can really hold his own now, and is almost dominating M in rough games. Mostly because M doesn't retaliate, he just defends himself. I'm not saying I want M to beat the crap out of I, I just wish he would grab him and tell him 'no', instead of retreating.

I is good at saying sorry, but I really don't think he comprehends what it means, he's just learnt to say it after he's done something he shouldn't.

So, no I don't have any words of wisdom, but I do hear you Ali smile

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 10-Apr-13 21:32:27

Sounds like your two are similar to mine in lots of ways. They are really rough with each other, and T is now only a few pounds lighter than L although a lot shorter. L gets upset when T really goes for him, it feels the wrong way round to be telling the little one not to beat up his brother!!

Today has been tough, T a real handful. He fell and split his eyebrow open not long after we arrived at my grandmas, blood everywhere which really frightened me but he was fine. Just destructive as normal!

Once the weather improves a bit more then I will just send them outside to wrestle grin

I'm an older sister, I was always being beaten up by my younger sister growing up. I went bald because of her pulling my hair!! My mum rationalises it as I never had to fight for her attention until dsis came along when I was 4, where as dsis has always had to compete so learned to beat me up hmm I'm a lover not a fighter!

Unofficially, we are ttc! I thought we might be on this month timing wise but AF just arrived a week early confused <eats chocolate> if it happens it happens!

MrsWajs Thu 11-Apr-13 04:09:11

Woo for TTC Fizz How exciting!! smile

Ali & ILTMI R sounds a lot like your DS's which is a worry since she's a girl!! She is very destructive and aggressive just now, hitting, shouting, screwing her face up and pouting to name but a few. She also pushed DSS down the stairs last week! But I think that may have been in retaliation for him doing the same to her the week before!? When you find the magical cure you will let me know, right?

We have yet to draw blood from injury, which I'm grateful for but I just know it can't be far away!

Kitty You sound like you're going through the mill a bit with bugs!! Hope everyone feels better soon and that you don't come down with it too. And I agree wholeheartedly with Fizz and the others when they say speak to your GP. You sound a lot like I did with R, just coping and no more, thinking about going to the GP and then putting it off cus you feel a bit better again. Please go and see them, it will honestly help enormously. My one regret was that I didn't go sooner.x

MrsWajs Thu 11-Apr-13 04:09:45

Oooh I almost forgot, 20 week scan is in exactly 1 week!!! Finally!! grin

Kittycatcat Thu 11-Apr-13 08:30:13

I am dreading the fighting stage (Is it a stage?!)

Very exciting fizz. Sends choc.

Mrs w are you going to try to find out if its knickers or y fronts?

S has just bought up his breakfast. He wasn't ill yest just grumpy and sleepy. Had weetabix for breakfast. Ate half so I gave him some tea and bleugh up it all came. Will it ever end.

I must call the doc. I could do with not taking the boys tho. Might ask a mate to have them for me for half hour.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 11-Apr-13 08:52:57

Fizz - eek exciting! When you say AF is early, what kind of AF? Lighter than normal??

MrsW - good luck for the scan! The magical cure is the eldest going to school. Mine get on brilliantly during term time grin

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 11-Apr-13 09:00:00

Defo go without the boys if you can kitty, if you're anything like me you'll find it difficult to concentrate on talking to the GP when the kids are poking and proding everything that they shouldn't be!

Fab news Fizz, enjoy the swit wink

Good luck for next week mrsW smile

The fighting at the moment is mostly play fighting. It has defo got worse over the Easter holidays,i guess they're not used to being around each other so much. They're also better when they are outside burning off energy. Infact they play beautifully when running around outdoors. We have all the wet and cold weather gear so they can go outside all year round, but it's just not the same as when it's warm outside and they have minimum clothing restricting their movements.

We're off to a messy play session this morning. Old clothes are a must - for me and them!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 11-Apr-13 09:02:28

X-posts Ali. Has this holiday made you think about the SIX WEEK holiday in the summer too? I think I'm going to start booking in activities, trips and visits now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now