Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011 - nearly 2, it's still all about you <disclaimer, I might be having a bad day>

(997 Posts)
UnderwaterBasketWeaving Fri 01-Feb-13 18:33:04

grin

Thanks to Frak, thread title queen!

Hello

<<echoes ominously>>

Where is everyone this weekend?

JKSLtd Sun 17-Mar-13 15:09:27

I'm here!

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone shamrock smile

Been swimming, out for food shopping & to Factory Shop for bits & bobs & usual talk-mummy-into-buying toys <sigh>

Having a quick sit down before tackling homework and school bag packing...

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 15:24:50

Hello! Nothing of note to report here! More snow! That's about it!

B got new wellies.

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 17-Mar-13 15:37:51

Hello, I'm here.

F is better! But we seem to be BFing again.

I have a cold. And I'm a bit stressed. I just deleted the whole rant. Just the normal too much work to fit in a normal week.

Daisy17 Sun 17-Mar-13 15:47:28

I'm here too! We've got snow, very unexpected, splatty and wet but fun in wellies.....Friends coming with their three kids for play and Sunday roast. Nice weekend. smile

Daisy17 Sun 17-Mar-13 15:48:19

Sorry about work UBW, rant away..

TwentiethCenturyGirl Sun 17-Mar-13 16:30:22

I'm here too. I also have a work related rant - something I should have done weeks ago has been playing on my mind all weekend. I know that our head of department is going to ask for a progress update next week and I've done sweet fa. I mean absolutely nada. Oh, to be a do-er and not a procrastinator...

Just want to get into work and actually do something about it. Can't believe I'm wishing the weekend away!

Glaikit Sun 17-Mar-13 16:38:17

Pg aprilites kiddiecare have a flash sale on today not that I'm encouraging you to spend!

GreenFirefly Sun 17-Mar-13 19:27:57

Well, from being on a high on Friday morning about a great midwife appointment the weekend has gone a bit downhill. I'm currently a snot factory and feel grim. Also, I have to go for a blood test first thing tomorrow as my friends DD might have slapped cheek disease which can be serious for pregnancy. The blood test should establish if I'm immune - apparently most people are.

Kittycatcat Sun 17-Mar-13 19:58:11

Eek firefly. Hope ur ok.

And hugs to those with work issues.

I've had a child free, girly, alcohol induced afternoon. Bliss.

fraktion Sun 17-Mar-13 20:08:16

Hope you're ok firefly!

I'm here now. Left DS for 36 hours, first time overnight, to go to Paris. Feeding him now but boobs were like rocks on the train!

Glaikit Mon 18-Mar-13 09:44:55

I've just had a terrible phonecall from DH. His cousins little girl died in her sleep last night. They dont know why, she broke her arm a few months or so ago, but she wasnt ill as far as we know.

I can't stop crying. I can't even think how old she would be. 11 I think. I feel numb. I can't even being to think how she must feel.

B is asleep in our bed, I want to go hug him so tight right now.

fraktion Mon 18-Mar-13 10:43:04

Oh gosh hmmhmmhmm How awful! Thinking of you and the whole family. That's such a tragic thing to happen. I can't imagine how you all most be feeling.

Kittycatcat Mon 18-Mar-13 12:35:30

That's so terribly sad fizz. Thinking of you all and sending big hugs xxx

JKSLtd Mon 18-Mar-13 12:53:45

Oh Fizz sad

How unutterably awful for her family & all of you. Be gentle with yourself & DH, let yourselves cry.

(PS Frak on my phone your faces looked like sad faces but on laptop they look like hmm faces)

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 18-Mar-13 16:32:30

Oh Fizz what awful news. Just horrible.

I was going to waffle on on here about how atrocious ds3's behaviour has been, but it doesn't matter does it?

Thinking of you all xx

Oh no ILike please waffle. I didn't mean to hog the thread.

Thank you for all you kindness. Dh is still at work so we don't know anything more yet. SIL is very close with cousin, I am worried for her. But you guys know my relationship with my in laws isn't the best. She wouldn't appreciate me calling her I don't think.

B is coming down with something as he as been unusually sleepy, and weeping at the slightest thing. And not tantrumy weeping, like something really isn't right. And he is off his food.

Dh has his interview for his job on Wednesday. I can't remember if I have said, they are regrading his post, because of all the work he has taken on over and above what he should be doing and the positive changes he has made to his organisation. The regrading has been in the pipeline since July last year.it so good to finally be getting near the end of the fiasco. They had the interviews for the people who applied on level transfer last week because public sector have to be fair and open hmm in their recruitment process. Only it's not very fair on dh who is faced with the possibility of not getting his own job angry when absolutely nothing has changed, it is literally the job he is doing, nothing more nothing less. Add into the mix the pure incompetence of hr and well, my blood pressure has been sky high a few times recently. The farce is, it is 99.9% his already, but there is still that 0.1% niggle that he might not get it, so why go through a 2 month recruitment process. It's not very fair on the other applicants either, although I don't care much about them!

I am wishing this week over already.

TwentiethCenturyGirl Mon 18-Mar-13 20:05:07

Oh Fizz - that's just heartbreaking for your family. How sad. News like that puts everything into perspective doesn't it.

It sounds like you're having a really tough week. Take care and make sure that you and your DH are there to support each other through it.

Thinking of your family fizz, bad news always makes you want to hug your own children extra tightly.

The snow finally made it to Guernsey last week, not to do things by half we had a Red Weather Warning, the blizzard coincided with gale force winds. Loads of trees down but luckily no-one seriously hurt. DS got 3 snow days off school.

I am meeting up with a fellow MN on Wed. smile. Following on from a chat thread to check our local pages i did so. She'd posted in January as was moving here this month but no-one had responded. I posted & voila.
Turns out she also has a DD who has just turned 2 so we are meeting up at the soft play. (It feels like a blind date, should I buy a MN scarf to wear and carry around a fruit shoot and some PomBears so she recognises me grin.)

Daisy17 Tue 19-Mar-13 08:03:19

Argh. Really pissed off by a comment made by a friend's friend on FB about how a real family is one where one parent stays at home rather than "farming" the children out to "rush" back to their careers, and that such parents shouldn't have bothered to have children at all. I know, I know, it's FB and a contentious issue but......have just called him rude and arrogant. I don't even know him. sad

Daisy17 Tue 19-Mar-13 08:09:28

Sorry, Fizz, massive hugs to you and yours. Inconceivable. Xx.

JoEW Tue 19-Mar-13 09:22:32

Fizz, thinking of you and your family, that is utterly tragic. No parent should have to deal with the death of a child. It does make me realise how very lucky I am.

Good luck on your 'date', Gsy. I know what you mean about the blind dates, I've found a couple of playdates with New Friends have felt a bit like a first date! Will they judge me if I serve fish fingers to the children...

Daisy, people are idiots. Of course that's nonsense. Conor loves his nursery, I practically have to drag him home in the evening but if you're a working mother you will always have The Guilt.

Is Arch still on here or has she named changed? I saw on Facebook she's really worried as her DH has been made redundant.

No news from me really, Conor is very into colours at the moment. LELLO, mummy, LELLO!! Love it.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kittycatcat Tue 19-Mar-13 19:43:17

Thinking of you fizz. Hugs

I had a rant earlier, then realised I'd posted way too much info. I'm fine, we are fine. Just desperately sad.

DHs interview tomorrow so hopefully I will be posting good news tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now