Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Vent, chat or brag

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 29-Jan-13 12:21:34
Passmethecrisps Mon 04-Feb-13 14:19:35

I'll fight yeh for it ZCOS

zcos Mon 04-Feb-13 14:19:27

by hook or by crook I'll be last on this feed!,grin

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Feb-13 14:19:09

Go pass, go!

Passmethecrisps Mon 04-Feb-13 14:19:07

Ewan is plinking away while P hugs her wee sheepy - she's hot a veritable flock in there

zcos Mon 04-Feb-13 14:19:06

by hook or by crook I'll be last on this feed!,grin

Passmethecrisps Mon 04-Feb-13 14:16:51

Watching Brian Cox on the telly. P is asleep AGAIN!

Passmethecrisps Mon 04-Feb-13 14:16:07

<swoops in>

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Feb-13 14:15:06

Where's pass ???

zcos Mon 04-Feb-13 14:10:38

gt god your mil is telling you to scrub tiles - that's awful mine tells me to nap and not to care,about housework!

zcos Mon 04-Feb-13 14:08:23

chunky there is hope for me then giving dd til 13 wks to see if she can sleep through ...or plan b formula feed at night c trying to wake her early - back fired last time...she seems to have a different pattern every day though every Saturday she is up all day as well as every night when dh is home ... coincidence?
not got anything done today and gone back to bed - only been up since 11! need to tidy house as friend is coming over with baby and her house is always super clean sad

StuntNun Mon 04-Feb-13 14:03:53
rowingdowntheriver Mon 04-Feb-13 13:54:51

Hi everyone, feels like I've not properly caught up in ages. Will have a read now as DS1 is napping in his room and DS2 is napping on me.

chunky, they won't give your LO his jabs early (not even one day early) so it would have to be a week late.

PurplePidjin Mon 04-Feb-13 13:42:00

Welcome Book brew

We're in BTP in the cheapies and Totsbots, small in Realeasies and wraps. Probably not a helpful answer wink

I'm a cheap nanny because I'd have to bring R to work!

ChunkyChicken Mon 04-Feb-13 13:37:05

I didn't notice the 4mth sleep regression as DD hadn't slept through until over 4mths, but once she did it once, she did it pretty much every night.

DS had his jabs this morning. Anyone know if its best to have the next lot of jabs a wk early or a wk late? We're away when he's 16wks.

Have only been 2 Dr, Sainsburys for a few bits & put 2 loads of washing on today. But both kids & I are washed & dressed at least...

DS has dramatically cut no of feeds & lengthened gaps. Thought he'd be stuffing his face after the long sleep last night. But no, went over 4hrs whilst we were out.

DS is in size 3s Pampers/Sainsburys Eco despite having LOADS of size 2s. He would have poo-splosions up & down before we switched up.

He is just out of 0-3 in some clothes, & not yet in 3-6 in others. Next 3-6 fit well, as do Sainsburys 0-3. He was 13lb 6oz on Tues before the growth spurt so just above 50th centile, & was 12wks yesterday. Lengthwise he seems to be staying on 50th too - clothes sold on length, like Sainsbury, seem to suggest as much.

Hi * book* welcome. Don't stress about sleep (easier said than done) as all babies will eventually sleep more, sooner or later.

Going to use my KIT days one a wk through term 1 next yr.

Just accidentally dropped DD on her head shock. She was sat on the stairs, I went to tug her boots off and she came with them... She cried a bit blush

GTbaby Mon 04-Feb-13 13:07:05

Why is it mil asks me to do things when I have other stuff to do! I've just emptied the suitcase of clothes on my bed
Mil- what you doing
Me- sorting out my clothes from loft
Mil- well if ur not doing anything the tiles in the shower need scrubbing.
Me(I wish I said) well no cos I AM doing something! I just told u I'm doing something! Do u not listen to me! Do u even hear words coming out of my mouth ???? argh!!!!!!!!
Me(actually said) - ok.

Arghhghhhhhhgbbhhhh

Ha ha so M is in similar nappies to everyone but smaller clothes. She either has a big bum or big pops grin

PetiteRaleuse Mon 04-Feb-13 13:02:45

LO is slightly grumpy, and has a slight temperature. I refuse to accept that she might be coming down with something so am going to pin the blame directly on last week's jabs. DD1 is having a nap. I am also refusing to accept she is coming down with something so am going to blame her woes on teething. DH just emailed to say how awful he feels. I'm going to blame that on giving up smoking. No, colds, bronchiolitis and pneumonia. The door is very very firmly closed to you.

<sticks fingers in ears, closes eyes and sings la la la very tunelessly>

BigPigLittlePig Mon 04-Feb-13 12:56:52

Little pig is tired and grumpy, but whenever she tries to fall asleep, she wakes herself up by trying to eat anything within arms length. And yet she's not actually hungry. Silly baby.

ValiumQueen Mon 04-Feb-13 12:53:01

caped they can ask you if you want it as a kit day, but feel free to tell them to fuck off. I do not plan to do any kid days, but my manager has asked me to attend a meeting to discuss changes. I will take baby, and if it is not relevant, I will just leave. It is just me and the manager and I need to discuss hours ant work location so it is in my best interest to attend.

Passmethecrisps Mon 04-Feb-13 12:48:18

Weirdly,
P does not always give sleep cues. For example, she is sleeping just now having had a wee meltdown. I didn't notice yawning or eye rubbing - just started to cry then got a bit hysterical when I didn't immediately respond because I thought it might be wind

Passmethecrisps Mon 04-Feb-13 12:45:56

Can't remember who was asking about sizes -

Lady Penelope here is in size 2 Aldi nappies
She is wearing 0-3 everything and still wears some newborn things. However, the newborn things are probably on their last wears

She is 11Ibs and 12 weeks today!

kirrinIsland Mon 04-Feb-13 12:45:07

madam I'm hoping to hear in the next couple of days if I've got a second interview. If so, they are not til next Friday.

VQ I maybe need to watch for sleep cues a bit more then - maybe that's the problem.

Welcome book wolf smile

Passmethecrisps Mon 04-Feb-13 12:39:55

Welcome bookwolf. There are lots of different sleep patterns on this group so you might not get magic solutions but you will get sympathy.

I am no expert caped but that doesn't sound right at all. You could take it as a KIT day but that is completely your choice. If you do choose to go make sure they pay you properely.

We are also living in fear of the 4 month sleep regression. It is a weird thing that I almost feel we would 'deserve' it.

As VQ said I think P's sleep during the day can impact on her nighttime sleep - as in if she has too little then she struggles to get to sleep. It makes no difference how much sleep she has had - she typically needs to sleep every hour and a half usually for about half an hour. She seems awfully tired today actually. Maybe she does have a wee bug

Interesting discussions about returning to work. At my work 'normal' is the full year then returning on a reduced week - maybe going job share. I am taking 8 months and going back full time. I also got the head tilt from some when I explained this.

GTbaby Mon 04-Feb-13 12:39:26

Fruit - I put my play matt in wash. There is a washing instructions lable on bottom. Try fun one. If not just stick it on 40 degree wash.

My chubbster is in size 3. Prob could wear size 4 , just finishing our last box before moving up

I have done nothing today. Washed his bottles. That's it. Off to drag suitcase of clothes from loft to sort out! Fun.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Mon 04-Feb-13 12:31:58

PR you might be ok - people taking cold holidays / going skiing? I thought that about selling summer clothes in October, but they sold! And no, not bad for selling gifts. I cannot be doing with clutter, it threatens my sanity. Also we got bought a number of very, very similar things for DS, and so a number of them are squirrelled away for gifts to friends when they have babies.

Didnt know that VQ about car seats, very helpful. We have been given one by someone I trust completely, but am not sure how old it is, will have to have a look.

Took DS swimming - he fell asleep just before we got there, and slept through being dressed in swim nappy, but woke up when we got into the pool, and was chilled and kicking, so think he liked it. He didnt even cry when DH dunked him under! Desperately hope that my kids will be water babies like I was.

This thread is not accepting new messages.