Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Vent, chat or brag

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 29-Jan-13 12:21:34
TheDetective Wed 30-Jan-13 00:25:42

I know I'm a knob blush.

TheDetective Wed 30-Jan-13 00:29:12

It's okay, I've found a couple on eBay. I can continue my blanket fettish. blush

Just need a cardi now. Preferably red.

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 00:44:22

Brufen is bloody good you know. Different baby after having it. Calpol not touching, but you are not meant to give it for more than 24 hours without seeing a doctor according to label.

About the sheepskin. It was 6 years ago and I recall it was to do with fibres. May be a pile (Get it?) Of rubbish, just put me off. Cost me a lot too.

And he's vommed. Cue complete change. Was just a matter of time.

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 00:54:39

Back to grumpy baby. Oh well.

GTbaby Wed 30-Jan-13 01:01:28

VQ. We have pea green poo earlier too! Normally mustardy. So that's mucus?
So burfen is better? H is at work. Will ask him to buy some on way home in morning.

TheDetective Wed 30-Jan-13 01:07:11

VQ I think you should breastfeed the older kids and DH. To prevent further germs occurring! I think DH might like that idea. grin

I am not good with poorly people. I have zero patience. I dread anyone being ill. It is usually me though...

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 01:08:48

The pea green can indicate they are fighting an infection, and you said H was very snotty so that adds up. The texture of it was really slimy, so that is mucous that he swallowed. Usually he vomits it back like just now. Mucous can sit building up in their little tummies. I would prefer he shitted it all out.

Brufen can be given from three months but not for long periods. I always prefer to give calpol as it is easier on their tummies, but his temp was near 39 even after calpol so I wanted to whack it. It did the job. I only give meds if temp over 38 or in obvious pain. He clearly has a sore throat and seemed to be sore all over, like I have been.

Well, he appears to have settled. That took two hours. Great.

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 01:12:17

detective DH suggested that very same thing today and both girls seemed worryingly keen.

Bf provides some protection, but as DH said it is not a broad spectrum vaccine to all known ailments.

Now then detective and GT unless you are feeding, go the fuck to sleep!

TheDetective Wed 30-Jan-13 01:23:47

I am watching Taken 2 miss VQ! I will be going the actual fuck to sleep shortly grin.

Oscar is very restless tonight. Not woken, but has moaned and groaned over the monitor since 11. confused

I suspect a crap night ahead. But not as crap as yours lucky you VQ... I reckon he will wake when we go to bed.

GTbaby Wed 30-Jan-13 01:40:08

I just been watching dexter. "Who the fuck r u?" Lol.

Now watching 50/50 movie.

My little bubba is all sniffly n wiggly.

Calpol do a plug in? Ever try it?
Is there a baby Vicks?

GTbaby Wed 30-Jan-13 01:46:28

Baby Vicks exists. Can use from3months +

TheDetective Wed 30-Jan-13 02:07:59

Karvol capsules safe from 3 months. I like those when I'm snuffly.

Now in bed next to a farmyard... hmm.

Good(fingers crossed)night. smile

GTbaby Wed 30-Jan-13 02:14:49

Just googled those det n I remember them from when I was a kid lol.

Lists of meds to buy sent to H.

Pikz Wed 30-Jan-13 03:06:15

Why tonight all of a sudden are we back to 3 hour wake ups but still taking a 6oz bottle. God help me at 12 weeks.

KatieLily12 Wed 30-Jan-13 03:26:18

Oh all these self soothing babies! Hope LO starts that soon or she'll never nap or sleep by self in evenings. She currently seems to be quite attached to my little finger- she grabs it and starts suckling. Wondering if I should try a dummy? Trying to get her to use her own hands is apparently unacceptable as far as she's concerned.

How long did you all persevere with the beginning of naps? If she wakes she's awake instantly so I try shhhhhh-ing and rubbing her gently but she's not going for it. Just gets mega pissed off. I have a 3 tries rule to keep my sanity.

Hope all the poorly ones slept it off!

wellieboots Wed 30-Jan-13 03:35:18

I think I have missed the last 10 threads or something - in fact, have I ever posted in postnatal?! But I have been lurking. Just can't keep up with you ladies.

DD is gorgeous, not much into sleeping in the day so I get nothing donewinkShe will be 12 weeks on Friday. She has reflux hmmand we are still trying to get the meds right, we reckon that is the prob with the daytime sleep. Nights are much better - she does either 11 hours with 45 mins or so awake for a feed somewhere between 3 and 5, or she does 9 hours in a block at starts the day at 6. I prefer the first option!

Any reflux mummies with tips on what makes a difference?! I can't sit on the sofa all day for the next 3 months!

Hello to everyone, including a fair number of newbies

ChunkyChicken Wed 30-Jan-13 04:49:31

Hi wellieboots. I remember your name from the earlier threads!! Didn't we have a similar due date? EDD 19/11 for my LO - but he was born 11/11.

I was feeling a bit envy of the all the sleeping-through babies, especially as DS is quite Chunky & slept through for 4 nights (7+hrly feeds) weekend before last. However, he is no in a similar pattern to your DD - goes to bed between 8 & 9 (after my 2.9yo DD is safely in bed) and generally doesn't stir for a feed until 4 or 5am and then back to sleep until about 7 or 8, on a good day. So 11hrs in bed, a quick dream feed before I go to bed & a 30mins feed doesn't seem too bad I suppose!!

Yellowwellies & Passmethecrisps have medicated reflux babies, as do a couple of others, so I'm sure they'll have lots of hints & tips.

Thechick Wed 30-Jan-13 04:56:19

Not having a good night. I've been soooo tired recently. Dh has had to help a huge amount with the night settling. H sleeps from 9.30 ish to 9 waking every three hours or so but tonight I just couldn't keep my eyes open until now. And he had a wakeful period at about 12.30 which is not like him. We've stopped the swaddling, it seems to have stopped working.
GT how did you find 50/50. I think it's one of the most depressing films I've ever seen.
Katie I don't really persevere with naps but we don't do a strict routine. When he wakes, he wakes no matter how long.

zcos Wed 30-Jan-13 05:02:34

vent today was a bad day dd crying a lot not.sure what started that off she refused my nipple lots earlier too I had to take my top off eventually was 11pm she normally cluster feeds for bout 4 -6 hours so thought I would be up with her feeding for that long but she managed to sleep from 12-4 phew! hope today isn't like tommorow sad esp as she has her jabs and I need to speak to some adults at mother and baby group ... if I get to go! heavy rain!

zcos Wed 30-Jan-13 05:09:33

pennie how did you bring forward the sleep - earliest dd will sleep is 11.30pm think at the mo I would be happy enough with an early sleep 9 would be fab even if she still only had one block of 4 hours.

Grrrrrrr after poonami this morning her swaddle is in the wash - settled her in sleeping bag with one arm out which was fine 12-3 then she broke free and after twatting herself in the face and the sides of the crib she's been a witch ever since - feeding to sleep but will not transfer. So tempted to fuck bf'ing off and switch to ff - my other 2 were such a dream compared to this madam!!

She's such a stroppy short tempered little moo!!

Hey wellies!!!

Pikz Wed 30-Jan-13 05:59:20

And now 25 mins awake so far for no reason that I can work out apart fr to drive me bananas. Terrorist at work this evening

kirrinIsland Wed 30-Jan-13 06:36:59

Seems like there have been a few bad nights. Hope some of you fared a little better. At 11 weeks we are yet to go more than 4 hours, and for the last week she's not even managed that - just short of 3 hours is as good as it gets, and she only does that once a night, then it's back to waking every hour and a half or so. I'm hoping that next week, when she turns 12 weeks, will be some sort of magical transformation (after the growth spurt of course!)

Right, got to get up and ready for my interview. Can you cross your fingers for me please?

ValiumQueen Wed 30-Jan-13 06:48:16

kirrin fingers and toes crossed. And a little prayer sent that you stay awake and can remember at least your name x

Last night was like an episode of keystone cops except with sick kids. I got a bit of sleep amazingly. I am phoning the gp today as DD2 has been ill since friday and still very hot indeed. Also concerned about the other two. DH feels awful and keeps telling me his symptoms. I fucking know. I fucking have the same thing! Except I am caring for four others plus myself. Grr.

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 30-Jan-13 07:04:53

detective look at tuppence and crumble where the star blankets are from. The yhave all colours and sizes and are really lovely.

This thread is not accepting new messages.