Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - Don't forget the tummy time

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 25-Jan-13 09:47:12
georgee Fri 25-Jan-13 21:04:15

Ooh yes I'm sure it was you zcos - thank you. smile

Erm, why, thank you VQ! I hold you in high esteem too! grin

In terms of telly series, we also watch rather a lot of Midsomer Murders - do we win the prize for saddest telly habits? We often Wiki the actors to see what else they've been in too.

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 21:05:28

GT you can never have too many of those clips

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 21:07:45

Next line of the song! I am that old too. Older in fact.

Evilwater Fri 25-Jan-13 21:08:10

Great news!!!!
LO has self settled for his night sleep, with no screaming for blue murder! Hurray!! grin

Bad, I've gone and lost his red baby book! FFS. Well it's all balance, but FFS!

P is making an effort, a small effort but at least it's something.
The only book I've read is a dads book.
Oh no he's awake.
Evil

PetiteRaleuse Fri 25-Jan-13 21:13:39

DD1 pushed the pram back and forth while I ate to keep LO calm. Bless! She's not even 2 but she's already responsible for telling me when the cats have no more food, helping me unload the dishwasher(I rush to grab the knives first) and now for rocking the baby. She's at an age where she wants to help. Am making most of it, this too shall pass.

Parenting books. I have a first aid manual and one parenting book. I have read loads of free samples on kindle but seriously am considering writing my own. The no bullshit guide to parenting your own way. If I do you can all blame VQ grin

DD1 has been an angel today. Loving and helpful and just plain cute. AND she counted with me up to 7 when I was preparing bottles. I count out loud when she is around and she's been listening!

LO discovered her hands today. They are amazingly fascinating to her. If only she knew how useful those little hands wil become.

Vq will try the arm she munches fingers out and see how we go

I got the wonder weeks app - makes sense but so do all the others!!!

Hope to dog we have a goodnight tonight have been snappy with dd1 sad though snuggled in bed with monster in Paris and popcorn

PetiteRaleuse Fri 25-Jan-13 21:16:45

I bought the WW app too. I'm thinking the 1€79 was a waste of money.

I also signed up to Fly. How many emails a day?

BigPigLittlePig Fri 25-Jan-13 21:26:57

I must be missing out, haven't watched any of the above mentioned TV series. Unlikely to get chance to either, as LOs nocturnal screaming drowns out all sound from the tv hmm

Evilwater Fri 25-Jan-13 21:29:05

I can't wait to teach my son pontoon, its the way we learn maths in our family. grin so much fun. using sweets at first then moving to penny's and the five card trick.

Evil

Hahahahaha PR I thought that too bombarded so I've unsubscribed - I bet fly lady hasn't got a 10 week old clingy baby??? Bloody clean sink - that will not make me feel better - a clean pathway from kitchen to sofa and upto the bedroom would make me feel better!!! And why flylady and not fly blokey?? We know how and when to tidy its them buggers that need daily reminders!!

YellowWellies Fri 25-Jan-13 21:36:47

Georgee yip that's the killing we've been watching. I now have a jumper fetish, luff Sara Lund and all things Scandinavian - including choosing a Scandi name for my son blush ahem

GTbaby Fri 25-Jan-13 21:38:29

Evil, chick, do u remember the days when we twiddled our thumbs waiting for this lot to move to the post natal thread.

LO is wide awake. He was good between 7-9. But now won't sleep now. hmm

georgee Fri 25-Jan-13 21:38:57

Of course! I knew that VQ! (ahem) blush

I was bemusedly wondering what I'd said to deserve such a declaration ...

On the subject of discovering hands, J's thumbs are waveringly gravitating towards his mouth, I'm very hopeful that he's going to be a thumbsucker too. Self settling was so much easier with DD once she'd worked out how to suck her thumb. All they both need to do then is give it up before the age of 38 (unlike DH who's still going strong in the thumbsucking dept when drifting in and out of sleep).

Wishing you good nights, all. x

georgee Fri 25-Jan-13 21:42:50

Oh good YW, look forward to that then. Scandi-chic is v cool. DH's parents found a 'Killing' style jumper of his when clearing out their loft recently. I have considered wearing it in public myself. Not great for feeding though!

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 21:43:58

glenda well said!

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 21:49:08

georgee grin

DD1 still sucks her fingers and has got soreness all around her mouth now. She is 6.

I am resisting the urge to say something rude now.

PetiteRaleuse Fri 25-Jan-13 21:49:46

Glenda it took me less than 24 hours to unsubscribe. The bollocks tgat people can churn out about housework!!!

TheDetective Fri 25-Jan-13 21:51:18

It's official. I'm snowed in. Bugger!

And it seems DP has been upgraded to the new, shiny, beta model with integrated initiative. grin

I'm going to look like a slattern if he keeps this up. grin

ChunkyChicken Fri 25-Jan-13 21:56:50

Not caught up, won't tonight - too tired lazy but wanted to share my headlines...

DS much happier today, back to a ~4hrly feed-wake-sleep cycle.

Have cleaned my sink!!! Am F rather than FLY but its a start grin although my hands feel like a cross between sandpaper and pot noodle before adding water

The poonami I had expected was every bit as bad as I feared. DH was home from work earlier & was nominated to deal... mwah ha ha

I'm going out tomorrow w/out kids!!! SOOOOO excited. How sad is that??!! Just to Bluewater for some retail therapy with 2 good friends but still, I'll be free bar feeling like a limb has been amputated and worrying that DS won't have enough ebm defrosted for the 2 feeds I'm predicting.

Luff west wing & would love excuse to watch. DH into only fools... at mo but might be open to persuasion.

Gotta to log off cos eyes need propping open with matches. Night all.

Kyzordz Fri 25-Jan-13 21:57:44

Marking place, late as usual! Would post more of a post but I want an hours sleep before feeding the monster LO cos last night was not a good one on account of the large planet sized bogey stuck and bugging him and me for 3 sodding hours. That and I couldn't fall asleep for no reason at all

Passmethecrisps Fri 25-Jan-13 21:57:58

Arse to being snowed in.

zcos it is good - I flicked through the book once and it made a lot of sense. The app does have a rather foreboding countdown of P's next 'stormy' period. Should start tomorrow apparently.

I LOVE swaddling!! I put P in the large swaddle me tonight as the small/medium one was just too tight really. I have been trying P in her sleeping bag during the day and periodically at night. During te day she frequently wakes up before she is really ready because she has twatted herself in the face. The though of trying the sleeping bag for her long sleep makes me come out on a sweat!

blonderthanred Fri 25-Jan-13 22:02:55

Wow I missed the end of the last thread where apparently I'm a legend. I must save that for posterity. thanks VQ

I tried to be Fly today and sort out under the sink but I'm embarrassingly scared of spiders so I only did half and then chickened. Must train DS not to be scared of them. So feckin pathetic.

So instead I was a slummy mummy, scumming about in my milk-stained top and eating chocolate digestives. It seemed the logical alternative. In my defence I am ill again, I seem to be catching every cough and cold going.

YellowWellies Fri 25-Jan-13 22:04:37

pass I'm totally with you re swaddling. I know in a grobag my wee manny would just twat himself and roar in outrage....

zcos Fri 25-Jan-13 22:07:47

Glenda you got lamaze wrist rattles one of them is lady bug

PennieLane Fri 25-Jan-13 22:09:16

No it's not my real name, I've never been on television! what's toddlers and tiaras? Is it some kind of beauty pageant thing?

First weekend alone, DH on stag weekend. He does everything at weekends so going to be shock to system shock

This thread is not accepting new messages.