Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Don't forget the tummy time

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 25-Jan-13 09:47:12

I've not read any books either.

Zcos - M is 9 weeks today and she still cluster feeds. Sometimes feel like we'll never get her to go to sleep before 10:30pm

It's snowing here again, just ordered a Chinese so it better get here.

M's got a cold sad she's all snuggly and keeps doing raspy coughs to try clear her bunged up-ness. V cute but she's getting all upset.
Wonder if that's why she didn't go to sleep until 1am last night/5this morning.
Managed to get her to fall asleep so I can have a quick bath

TheDetective Fri 25-Jan-13 19:34:11

Nope VQ not even the mumsnet ones!

I don't have any siblings/no experience of babies. Other than my own. And work, but that doesn't count!

GTbaby Fri 25-Jan-13 19:34:45

WTF. One afternoon in ikea n I come bk to new thread. shock Outrageous

KatieLily12 Fri 25-Jan-13 19:51:23

Go with it zcos with a packet of biscuits next to you xxxxx

MissMummy1 Fri 25-Jan-13 19:57:18

I second biscuits. I've gone through a whole fox's tin this week blush

DP gone out for haggis suppers (clearly my sweet potato curry left over from yesterday wasn't as good as he said...hmm ). This counts as a nod to old Rab, aye? grin

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 19:59:17

detective a midwife with no experience of babies grin you are right though as newborns are very different little creatures to what we have now.

garden that comment shows how little help you have had sad nice they helped you at clinic. We are not allowed prams in either. Stupid rule.

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 20:01:12

Three craws sat upon a wa'

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 20:01:58

GT what did you buy? And eat?

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 20:03:44

fatima there will be a time when you put them to bed at 7 and they sleep until 7 the next morning. Unless you are really unlucky that is. Most do, honest thanks

vq goodness seems I've got to

georgee Fri 25-Jan-13 20:14:28

I love to booby, Detective - snigger!

8 week jabs day here. Lots of screaming this pm but this has calmed down and he seems back to normal, despite having also developed a cold in the last 24 hours (on top of the last one, poor wee mite).

Starting to read The Wonder Weeks too, thanks to whoever suggested that.

And showing how seldom I post, responses to discussion topics - we do go to church (it's just opposite so we practically roll out of bed into it, but that's not the reason really - my dad was a vicar so was brought up with it, went away from it at uni and back to it in early 30s), and we don't have any anthems (apart from maybe 'When a child is born' by Johnny Mathis which I would have howled at if I hadn't actively avoided it this Christmas. It had me in pieces when preggers with DD.

I told my mum off for getting me the first 'Now that's what I call music' tape - I wanted one called 'Hits' instead. They did run parallel for a while and then 'Now' won out. I remember the first one on 'Hits' was 'I feel for you' by Chaka Khan. So that shows my age!

Ooh, welcome zcos, Katie and pastilles (I LOVE fruit pastilles ...).

Have signed up for Flylady but haven't done sink yet, will do this over the weekend!

Sorry if I've missed out any major topics of conversation!

In terms of how people's nights are going, I'm definitely putting myself at the 'unsettled' end of the spectrum. Never have less than 3 wakenings, usually more. I really hope this improves soon!

georgee Fri 25-Jan-13 20:18:30

... oh and we've just started 'Mad Men'. Have 'The Killing' in the wings. It's the one with the jumper and subtitles, not sure whether the same one as yours YW.

Passmethecrisps Fri 25-Jan-13 20:22:21

I also had a wee look at flylady earlier. My house is a tip but I struggle to care mostly. I did think that the system was good and if you were less slatternly than I then it would be good.

The sink thing put me off massively though. The reason being the words of my home economics teacher to her mixed gender class of 12 year olds "come on gerls! A woman's pride is in her sink!"

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 20:24:54

georgee 'I think I love you'

zcos Fri 25-Jan-13 20:36:39

Fatima what I wouldn't give for her to.sleep at 10.30... 11.30 is the earliest d will sleep.

zcos Fri 25-Jan-13 20:41:36

georgee was it me re wonder weeks was it me!? only spoken to one other person since Saturday a friend who is 17 so probably doesn't count as adult .. credit for that would help my very small self esteem?

NotSoNervous Fri 25-Jan-13 20:43:10

Sorry pass

Just noticed DD has got abit f a rash on one of her cheeks,should I worry?

Passmethecrisps Fri 25-Jan-13 20:43:48

zcos I bought the app after you mentioned it!

Passmethecrisps Fri 25-Jan-13 20:44:43

Have celebratory last post wine wink

What sort of rash? Bumpy?

GTbaby Fri 25-Jan-13 20:47:20

VQ. DH bought a chip butty. I ate before leaving.

We bought those packet clips. To seal open packets. A £3 blanket. I love those. Some glasses. Two rugs for kitchen as tiles r too cold. Bought two under the bed storage boxes for LO 3 blue boxs n cute little boxes.
Two draw units. One brown for my room n white for LO. N a star shaped lamp/ wall mounted light for LO room.

Done.

NotSoNervous Fri 25-Jan-13 20:49:13

No not bump but not 100% smooth if that makes sense confused

zcos Fri 25-Jan-13 20:50:19

its st dwynwens day today! ... no emoticon for that!? anyone else celebrating ??? dh came home with massive bunch of tulips (my favourites) ... (I have only been hinting for flowers since dd was born!).
I got DH a t-shirt of a pic of him and dd (v cheap from vista print) can't wait to present it to him.

Vq hmmmmmm don't think I could live without swaddling - we do try once a week in her sleeping bag but her arms are flailing all over for hours and she gets so very overtired.

Dots does seem more fussier than my other two - they were very chilled out and if I put them down they would get the hint and drift off, this madam doesn't seem to want to miss out on anything lol

Is it me or is there a shit load of ladybird motif stuff for girls recently?? We call dottie our lady bug and I can't stop buying everything with ladybird on!!! Got a cute ladybird dress fom asda and fleece from next - its her 12th ladybird item - must refrain!!!!!

zcos Fri 25-Jan-13 20:52:16

thank you.pass me anything in it!?

ValiumQueen Fri 25-Jan-13 21:03:29

glenda try just one arm out?

This thread is not accepting new messages.