Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - so, do we all know what we're doing yet?

(994 Posts)
MaMaPo Sun 20-Jan-13 04:56:17

smile

EggsMichelle Mon 21-Jan-13 04:39:04

Spotty hot honey and lemon (as much as you want) with paracetamol.

Starting to go a little twitchy, he has been awake every two hours (the last feed was caused by me sleep walking and waking him up) and now he has thrown up all over me, I'm all wet sad his sleep is getting worse, he used to sleep for 4hr blocks without the need of ff, why has he gone back wards?

PurplePidjin Mon 21-Jan-13 04:52:51

<waves across Water to pmgkt>

Squeeze of lemon juice, 2tsp honey, top up with hot water and a slug of brandy Spotty

7 hours grin

WLmum Mon 21-Jan-13 05:14:34

spotty gargle with soluble paracetamol - tastes yuk but starts working straight away. In between doses gargle with salt water. And rest - hahaha!

WLmum Mon 21-Jan-13 05:16:00

You can also take neurofen between doses so you get some pain relief every 2 hours. Poor you, bad throats are horrid.

Ok will try that smile poor ds has a yucky cold again all snotty and dd cane in at four saying 'daddy I want my cubber (cover) on' as it had come off and she was cold!

Well I'm up for the day now hopefully I can get some sleep in the car. Also going to ikea and probably into west quay. Oh and ds has his jabs today shock

Oh can ds have his jabs if he has a cold?

Aw good luck with jabs Spotty hope you feel better soon. And good luck in Ikea confused

5.5 hours here shock fingers crossed he goes back down

Loads more snow overnight here

Well we had 12-3.45 asleep! shock he went back down at 4.45 and just up again now (but this is his morning feed/routine so I don't count it as a night feed). My boob was huge due to the amount he's been eating over the last few days and almost 6hrs since last feed on that one!

spotty I think the advice is not to if they have a cold but I don't know if it's just not recommended so they aren't made even more under the weather or if they actually won't do them.

WLmum yay for 5.5 hrs!

EggsMichelle Mon 21-Jan-13 06:28:31

Aargh! Only an hour between these feeds. Does this child not understand I need my sleep!!!

Hmm ill have to phone. Tbh I'd rather he had it today because dp is off work!

Dp and I just heard someone walk up the stairs but it's only us here shockshock dp thought we'd been broken in to shockshock

Secondsop Mon 21-Jan-13 06:40:13

Spotty that's creepy - what was making the noise?

utopian99 Mon 21-Jan-13 07:17:33

spotty are you okay? What was the noise? We live in what's considered a 'nice' part of Manchester and dh still keeps a pen knife shock by the bed 'just in case' of unwanted guests.. hmm

Having mammoth catch up reading as busy doing nothing yesterday and O has miraculously started sleeping in his hammock over night! Nothing like the blocks of sleep some are getting but a good night by our standards, even more appreciated as that before it was ghastly.

spotty & clarella your biscuit chat has made me crave jaffa cakes for breakfast.

Mummy has the lurgi (please don 't flame me for names), so not coming up tomorrow. sad She was super last week, taking O to let us sleep and otherwise doing a load of cleaning/ helping cook and run errands so we could focus on him. nutella second everyone else YANBU re inlaws, if they don't want to help, just being possessive/manipulative, they need to realise their grandchild isn't going anywhere and you need time more importantly than them.. thankfully while wildly overexcited by ds, my dh has spent years of training his parents so they aren't too pushy. Massive benefit now, although when I first met him I thought he was surprisingly strict with them! (I also speak from experience as almost married a man with parents who sound exactly like that - horrific, trying to tell me that after 9 years of training in my profession I should give it up as soon as we got hitched to knock out a sprog for them, as her other grandchildren live abroad shock Didn't go down well although nothing to do with me ending things.)

It sounded like someone walking up the stairs dp thought someone had broken in! He's now convinced we have a ghost hmm

WLmum Mon 21-Jan-13 08:27:15

5.5 hours I wish! I'm stiff from a whole night of co-sleeping. I swear she was suckling all night long - my poor nips! She's napping in her pram now, when I've finished making the big dds breakfast I need to express so I can make up her gaviscon - my poor nipples again!

WLmum Mon 21-Jan-13 08:39:59

Or maybe she's not - come on Tabs, we all love the sling but I haven't yet mastered expressing or showering with you in it!

He went back down for 2 hours but I couldn't sleep! Think the 5.5 put my body in shock!

There's even more snow now, poor DP has to lie in the snow fixing frozen wagons this morning. So glad I don't have to a attempt the 40 mile commute!

Barbeasty Mon 21-Jan-13 10:29:58

Well we're in for a cold day or two. The boiler is being replaced so of course we've no heating.

And I'm stuck here all day with A and a very active 2.5yr old. It already feels like a long day!

MaMaPo Mon 21-Jan-13 11:18:32

Oh barbeasty, that sounds awful. No heating? I am shivering jut thinking about it.

Well, I bit the bullet and booked tickets back to Aus with little C for May - she'll be 5 months old. Excited to introduce her to her family, including aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents... But I will miss my husband while we're away. Luckily we have arranged it so he will be away on a stag do durin the time I'm away - in Las Vegas! I imagine we will have quite different experiences!

Of to start a baby massage course this afternoon. Hopefully will get a nice relaxed baby out of it!

Well, tentatively saying our routine implementation went better last night. probably a total fluke and a one off not a full bath as not confident doing that on my own when DH at work, but bottom wash in a bowl (pics on FB), massage, dressed for bed. Snuggle with daddy. Into our room with nightlight and Winnie the Pooh playing on the iPod, bottle of ebm massive poo, quick change finished bottle down in the basket, woke up, hand holding and head stroking for 20-30 mins, left him, woke up after ten mins, more head stroking and hand holding, dropped off, woke again, DH settled him with more of the same then we spent an hour of time together ears glued to the monitor think his internal feeding clock was confused as was waking at his usual feeding times to feed but also at the usual interval of time iyswim - fed at midnight instead of 11 but then woke at 3 (normal time for feed) and 4. But all in all quite pleased. Do I have to do all again?

PurplePidjin Mon 21-Jan-13 11:39:44

Jabs this morning sad but lovely sleepy sling snuggles now smile

EggsMichelle Mon 21-Jan-13 11:42:42

Well done Honey! Yes you will probably have to do it several nights before it works, but if you stop doing it, you will have to start all over again. Even after our epic vomit last night, he was in bed at 9 rather than 11 (shame my sleep walking woke him up!)

itsMYNutella Mon 21-Jan-13 14:08:06

T is being more of a weirdo than normal today... Anyone any ideas what the following behaviour means???!!: put T on the boob, he drinks merrily away then comes off, I'm thinking "hey little man there is plenty still in there are you sure you're done?" Then he arches his back throws back his head and screams. I, being a generous mummy, offer him the boob again, he pretends he wants it then at the last second changes his mind and pulls away...
He had managed about 2.5-3 hours since last feed so am expecting him to empty both boobies.
He did go back on the first boob (right one) and seems to have emptied it... He is now happily emptying the left one without any of the right side shenanigans.

I am sure it isn't tummy pain because he stretched his little legs out and with tummy pain his arms flail & legs come up to tummy .... What is the child upto?

pidg I especially liked your comment comparing ILs to teenagers... The IL are 72 & 69.... Can't imagine they were ever teenagers wink

utopian99 Mon 21-Jan-13 14:32:10

Am back in almost all my pre-pg clothes but still 12lb over pre-pg weight, how is that?? (do have a bit of tummy squidge but surely not 12lb worth...)

Had a 45min walk with sling and soup for lunch to be healthy then undid it all by eating my bodyweight in raisins while watching diy sos. confused

Equimum Mon 21-Jan-13 15:04:18

Hope all the vaccinations have gone okay. Can't say I'm looking forwards to that, but we still have another five weeks to wait!

Utopian, similar issue here. I tried my skinny jeans on this morning and they fit perfectly (very low cut, allowing for overhang!!!) but I'm still 5kg up on pre-pregnancy weight. If anything, I seem to have got wider across the hips rather than retained a belly?

EggsMichelle Mon 21-Jan-13 16:21:20

I cannot please this child! He is so angry all the time, all I can do is shove my boob in his mouth and hope it eventually calms him. How much longer does this go on for? He has been like this since 4wks and is just getting worse. Unless it is something obscure like hanging him from an oak tree, I have tried everything, he is just angry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now