Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - so, do we all know what we're doing yet?

(994 Posts)
MaMaPo Sun 20-Jan-13 04:56:17

smile

PurplePidjin Sun 20-Jan-13 18:25:06

Honey, he's been very warm (not enough to be a concern on its own), grotty for no apparent reason but soothed briefly by gripe water thrown down him from a teaspoon, clingy, dribbly and today his nose started to run. We decided a dose of calpol would do no harm if he's got a cold. Wouldn't normally medicate to quieten!

I've made a pea hat and am about to start a bunny wink there's supposed to be an owl at the top of the queue but i need to buy wool for that. Then onto Yoda grin anyone want a cool hat for their dude/dudette?

MyDaydream Sun 20-Jan-13 18:34:42

Thanks willyule, how do you go hands free? Does it actually just strap on like a bra or was it a balance trick?

grin pidj didn't think you would medicate just to quieten! Was just wandering if I'd missed a trick!

Daydream you hold it for the fast sucky bit then when it switches to the deep slow sucks you need to position them just right and the suction will keep them in place. Someone recommended the aveda lactaline as a good double if you're looking for recommendations. I was using a hospital grade medela which can be hired. Where are you?

Well after all the talk of bedtimes I thought I'd bite the bullet and do ds a proper bedtime tonight. So he's bathed, fed and currently fast asleep in his Moses upstairs shock I will probably join him soon as I have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow double shock

Well it lasted 10 minutes before he got hungry again grin

EggsMichelle Sun 20-Jan-13 20:23:34

Crap, I buggered up the routine, fed him too early, so was hungry buy the time he got the bottle, drank it too fast and threw it up everywhere! Now wide awake sucking the boob. I was really looking forward to the early night sad

PurplePidjin Sun 20-Jan-13 20:26:12

Dp and R have been home over an hour. I've eaten dinner hot and with proper cutlery. I've finished the bunny hat and made it one ear. R is still asleep.

Apparently he calmed as soon as they put him in his snow suit to come hone. He might have just been cold blush vest and cardi tomorrow then blush

It's antihistamines for drowsiness

WLmum Sun 20-Jan-13 20:40:45

I'll see your biscuits and raise you - I'm currently enjoying a lovely glass of red and some posh crisps! Got about 30 mins before the vino hits the milk, hoping that dd will do another 4 hour stretch like last night starting at about 10 so will miss most of the wine tainted milk - Rose?

Ds is wide awake and dp has just rolled over and gone to sleep even though it's me who'll be up all night angry

I'm not even trying a bedtime just yet. Having said that me DH and Ethan are normally in bed by 9.30 together lol. I don't mind having him up in the evenings with us, real bedtimes can wait until he's bigger. precious last born syndrome me thinks

Well feeding today has been just as often as last night. Definately a growth spurt. Here's hoping for slightly more sleep tonight though.

pidj that sounds like a very productive evening. Ethan wears a vest and sleep suit and a knitted jumper in the living room if he comes to watch me cook my kitchen is an I've box so I put him in a sleeping bag too.

WLmum envy at your wine. My DH is t-total so I've not had any since I found out I was pregnant as there's no point buying any just for me as it would end up going to waste the little I can drink. Would love a cold glass of white though!

^ice box

Stacey I usually get into bed and watch tv/dose when I can from half seven during the week blush but thought ds should have a proper wind down first (bath, feed, snuggles). I don't know though the second one just has to slot in with the family routine! You need to but one of those mini bottles of wine wine

pmgkt Sun 20-Jan-13 21:42:55

Spotty roads are fine up this way, I'm nearer southampton than pidg.

Thanks for all the feedback re ff. He only weighs 6 and half pounds but puts away 120ml every 3 hours. Sometimes its just less, sometimes he finishes it no problems. Got hv tomorrow for weigh in so I'll see if she adds any wisdom. Fingers crossed we avoid being referred back to hospital due to poor weight gain.

Thanks pmgkt where are you? We're more worried about getting out the village at seven in the morning it's very hilly confused

spotty I'd forgotten they did mini bottles! Thanks for the tip!

pgmkt good luck at the weigh in tomo. I hope ds has put on lots and you don't need to go to hospital.

MyDaydream Sun 20-Jan-13 22:26:58

willyou I'm in West Yorkshire. The one I rented from the local Sure Start can be a double but I only got one attachment and I don't really like it, the hospital arranged it for me before discharge. It's not a brand I've heard of but it does for a freebie while I research.

My messages haven't been posting.. Grr angry
I'm about 20 miles out but all main roads are fine here grin went to the new forest today and all the roads I used were fine too

WLmum Mon 21-Jan-13 01:10:09

Yep half bottles rule - I had half a half bottle tonight!

I got into bed with dd earlier than usual tonight, about 9.30 I guess intending to try moving her to her basket when she'd fallen properly asleep but I guess I feel asleep first as she's just woken me up nuzzling for a boob!

WLmum Mon 21-Jan-13 01:24:10

Well mini bottle! Just waiting to see of she'll settle in her basket - unlikely me thinks given the squeaking and spluttering.

WLmum Mon 21-Jan-13 01:30:59

And out she comes! Will give boob and basket one more try, if it fails we'll be going upside down in the bed so we can co- sleep on my other side as my hip is hurting. DH will have to get cold feet!

WLmum Mon 21-Jan-13 01:46:12

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'll ask again - does more sleep follow a growth spurt? T seems to have slept more or less all day and night, apart from feeds of course, and generally fed less - had some awake non feeding evening time. She's coming up 5 weeks on tuesday.

pmgkt Mon 21-Jan-13 01:56:00

Spotty I'm in fareham.

MaMaPo Mon 21-Jan-13 02:03:55

WL, growth spurts around here involve more feeding and/or less sleeping. Wouldn't mind a baby who slept more!

Argh frustrating! This time last night little C went 5 hours between feeds - this time it was 2.5. She only took 100ml of the lovely 150 I expressed, so maybe my husband has to be more persistent.

I have a really bad sore throat I think I might cry! Any magic cures?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now