Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012 - so, do we all know what we're doing yet?

(994 Posts)
MaMaPo Sun 20-Jan-13 04:56:17

smile

EggsMichelle Thu 31-Jan-13 22:31:25

Good luck Pidg with the job, I have been keeping my eye out for a new job too (less shift work or part time). DH got a job today, so proud of him, and it's perfect location for us to move back to Leicester and for him to commute to.

Hope the tag team drugs kicks in quickly for you isthattrue, that's really shitty to add to sleep deprivation and bf!!!

My boobs appear to have finally kicked into action, pumped off 6.5oz today, thinking all that comfort sucking he was doing when the reflux was getting to him has left me with over supply! Oh well, at least I can finally build up my freezer supply.

Had a brief grotty period after F's jabs this morning, gave him one dose of calpol, he slept for hours and woke up happy as anything! He has been in bed now for over and hour, I've eaten cheese cake and now off to bed. Fx for another good night (sorry spotty, I don't think I can join your gang!)

EggsMichelle Thu 31-Jan-13 22:33:58

Brooke glad it's all back to normal for you, we also dtd at 4wks, but Velcro baby/screaming hostile baby has made it impossible to repeat. However now he is going to bed before us, fx we can get a little us time.

Stacks Thu 31-Jan-13 22:57:01

No sign of dtd here, DH is put off by having LO in the room, and given we're still co sleeping its just not going to happen. We've talked about introducing T to the crib at 6 weeks, just for the first sleep of the night so we can get a cuddle together. DH listened to the nct teacher about how much happier babies are if kept close for the first 6 weeks, so won't even consider putting him on his crib before.

How do people avoid backache while feeding? I sit up in bed with my pillow behind my back while feeding at night, but getting a sore back and shoulder from holding his weight so long.

Also, anyone else finding their skin is really dry since giving birth? I thought it was just the extra hand washing while we were in the hospital, but I've still got horribly dry hands, and tummy.

stacks hideously dry skin here. Nothing seems to help confused

We first dtd about 2 and a half weeks after birth and have been a couple of times a week except during the 2 horrendous periods since then. Still feel akifhy uncomfortable at one particular point just inside- I think where I had the local anesthetic injection. Anyone else had this?

utopian99 Fri 01-Feb-13 00:31:15

pidj can't go into it but have followed the necessary legal avenues, helped in no small part by a kind friend of clarella's, so things are okay despite me not going back.

honey good luck with the zipline you crazy woman! Have donated i think (it told me it failed first time)

Good luck clarella! After a week of falling asleep naturally around 11.30, O is wide awake and perky still tonight. Was hoping swimming excitement might have knocked him out.. hmm

Congrats to your dp eggs, sounds like good news!

Brooke glad your issues resolved. We dtd at just over 3 weeks; was wanting to before but prevented by bleeding/being terrified of pain as had episiotomy. Tbh it's still slightly uncomfortable to really go for it, so a degree of restraint required (boo) but I'm assuming repetition makes it easier.. grin honey i don't have a problem with one point so much as feeling 'tightened' (paradoxically) where i was cut, which in some ways made the first time we dtd after feel a bit cautious. If it's not way tmi, just at the moment I'm not able to relax enough for orgasm through internal means only, although dh is very accommodating - hoping that's not permanent! as someone said earlier the most effective contraception is O deciding to not sleep when we'd like, v frustrating but he is getting better..

utopian99 Fri 01-Feb-13 00:32:11

Sorry for mammoth post - waiting for ds to finish draining me so we can all sleep!

WLmum Fri 01-Feb-13 02:10:17

Ooh some boudiour action going on! T went in her cot 10.45 til 2. If we can make the cot a regular feature then perhaps we'll get a go too!

All sounding good brooke

stacks I have a feeding cushion which I wouldn't be without day or night. (I do feed without it when necessary of course but I fund it so much easier with, and sure T gets a better feed). It's the 'my breast friend'.

PurplePidjin Fri 01-Feb-13 02:30:24

Sorry to piss everyone off but my 9lb 1st centile baby normally sleeps 5-6 hours...

IsThatTrue Fri 01-Feb-13 03:25:11

Temp spiked again, tag teaming not working, feel like I'm boiling poor ds while feeding. So thirsty but it's so cold out of bed! It's worse as DH is leaving for work at 5 so no chance of him taking dd and ds1 to school sad

pidj envy At 5-6 hrs!!

Secondsop Fri 01-Feb-13 03:41:08

Well Z is sleeping well after his 2am feed but mummy not so much, on account of the following pattern: sudden loud dolphin noise, mummy wakes, Z instantly silent and calm again, AND REPEAT.

IsThatTrue Fri 01-Feb-13 03:47:55

seconds that's rubbish it's bad enough being awake when they are but being awake when they're sparko must be frustrating!

Secondsop Fri 01-Feb-13 03:52:22

isthattrue y, I keep being startled awake! But at least he is sleeping better at night now (well better for him if not for me) - hoping for another 5 hours before feeds now ... Fingers crossed.

He gave me a big smile earlier, the first one my husband has seen. He (husband) cried!

That's rubbish Seconds. I'm trying to train myself to only respond to the big noises but its really hot working.

I'm never getting back to bed. J is currently up for playtime hmm. He was fast asleep after his feed but did such stinky wind that I thought he'd pooed and I woke him up checking his nappy. Back to parting his back again.

Secondsop Fri 01-Feb-13 04:12:08

Just realised something ridiculous is happening in the AUS - WI cricket so I may get up and watch that.

EggsMichelle Fri 01-Feb-13 04:42:10

WI cricket? As in older ladies with jam WI? Very odd!

Not as good as the last two nights, but he did have his jabs and crazy sleep yesterday so I guess they have something to do with it. 9-12.30 1.30-4.30. DH has gone a little bit manic, so he is up doing the changing and supplying fluids!

PurplePidjin Fri 01-Feb-13 05:02:37

7-1:30, 2:30-4:30 so far here. Hoping he'll go back down for another hour or two -haha, vain hope--

utopian99 Fri 01-Feb-13 05:29:19

After last week of vastly improved sleep (going down at 11.30, 4hours, then 2 hours then sometimes another 1hr if lucky, sorry spotty,) O didn't get to sleep till 12.45 and has been awake more or less on the hour ever since. Have now given up on hammock and he's in with us. Asleep again after latest feed but wriggling like a mad thing in his sleep, so I can't. Argh...! Assuming this is growth spurt/wonder weeks behavior? Please tell me he'll go back to better patterns again soon or I'll despair.

8:30, 11:30, 2:15, 4:30, 5:30 hmm

MaMaPo Fri 01-Feb-13 05:53:09

Stacks - I have the 'my brest friend' cushion too (using it right now' and it's a life saver. Takes the whole weight of baby so makes for super comfy feeds. I love it.

Gaps of 5 and 3 hours tonight - vast improvement on last few days and am hoping she's getting better and better...

WLmum Fri 01-Feb-13 06:04:42

Woo-hoo 10.45-2 and 2-5.30, all in her cot! First night of 2 in the bed for 6 weeks! Hoping she 'll go back down in a min after this feed and just debating whether to try fir another half hours sleep or get ahead and get in the shower before the big 2 get up.

Poor isthat I know how you feel, my DH does shifts too and doesn't have the option to just start late or finish early etc - sucks eh?!

itsMYNutella Fri 01-Feb-13 06:14:25

Well it's our first day alone confused DP has just left and won't be home before 10pm. We have had some good nights but the last three nights have been a bit all over the place. T has also been a PITA during the day, crying a lot and refusing to sleep. I would love a nap (starting to hear strange whistling sound in my left ear... Think it's because I'm tired). How do people with more than one do it??!!!

WLmum Fri 01-Feb-13 06:48:31

No chance for a little extra sleep as she took ages to settle but with my help she sucked her thumb beautifully for ages - would be so happy if she finds her thumb! Fx!

brooke89 Fri 01-Feb-13 06:48:33

How old is LO now spotty?

Hope today goes ok Nutella!

My last day in court today, been there all week as LOs god mums fiancé was brutally attacked to within an inch of his life, they been found guilty so just the sentencing this morning. Fingers crossed for 5-6 years!

WLmum Fri 01-Feb-13 06:52:23

nutella will he sleep in a sling or if you lay down with him? I was always a bit too scared to with my first and then didn't really have the opportunity with dd2+3 but co- sleeping has been a sanity saver this time. Put him in the middle of the bed and no duvet and you'll be fine, and you may just get that nap!

WLmum Fri 01-Feb-13 06:53:55

Brooke that sounds horrendous! Fx for a good long stretch at her majesty's pleasure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now