Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - the best post-natal quiche on MN

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 15-Jan-13 16:56:24

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1655656-November-2012-sleeping-through-yet

The answer to the sleeping though question was a chorus of "no"s but there were a few resounding yesses and a lot more keeping quiet because the rest of us would be well jel.

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Wed 16-Jan-13 09:56:03

Hi purple. <waves back>, hope your DP is ok, how scary. Feel free to join in, we're a friendly bunch. My dd, Bronwen was due 28/11 but actually appeared 4/12, I stayed with the November gang because they are so lovely!

PurplePidjin Wed 16-Jan-13 09:56:50

Excellent, Catbag, sounds like my kind of place <cackle>

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Wed 16-Jan-13 09:57:47

You've done all that already BPLP! God I'm slack blush

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 09:59:33

Oh, you'll fit RIGHT in pidgin <cackles back>

BigPigLittlePig Wed 16-Jan-13 09:59:59

Note the comments re: hideousness of our night. I was up early. Very early. Some might say I didn't really go to bed confused

Clarella Wed 16-Jan-13 10:00:51

we did antenatal trapeze petite. and I did crave worms.

<waves at pidj!> how's dp doing? hope he's ok and you're holding up.

too many our babies are spookily in cahoots!

BigPigLittlePig Wed 16-Jan-13 10:00:52

Oh and if dh tells me today he's tired I may actually slap him

KissysUnderTheMisteltoe Wed 16-Jan-13 10:00:54

Hi purple and welcome, hope your DP is ok.

BPLP I can sympathise with the chomping, my LO has decided that yanking and pulling my nipples is a good idea, don't think she realises they can only stretch a limited distance!

purple that must have been very scary. Has he recovered ok?

LO is going to be 3 months in 3 days. I can't believe she will be a quarter or a year old. I'm going to bake a cake to celebrate it. Yes, it is a little excessive but it's a good excuse for cake. It's not every day one's daughter turns three months is it?!

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 10:01:46

Feck, I am mis-spelling you, how rude! Sorry pidjin!

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Wed 16-Jan-13 10:02:47

But if i'd had a night like that I'd be crying into my tea eating my body weight in biscuits BPLP, certainly not shopping and cleaning. Hope you get some sleep today thanks

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 10:03:19

Clarella grin

BigPigLittlePig Wed 16-Jan-13 10:05:56

PR that's more than enough reason to have cake in my book.
Kissys I presumed the chomping etc was normal - had read somewhere it can help stimulate milk production (not that any help is needed as the poor mite has been known to nearly drown in it) - but I'm told now that it's all due to the tongue tie and the fact she can't latch on properly any more. It's strange though that it hasn't caused problems before now, maybe now she's getting bigger it's restricting her more?

I feel a bit rambly and vague today so sorry if none of that makes much sense.

TooManyDicksOnTheDancefloor Wed 16-Jan-13 10:07:07

Can't decide whether to go to booby baby cafe. It's -3 outside.

BigPigLittlePig Wed 16-Jan-13 10:07:09

toomanydicks there were no biscuits in the house sad there are now though

Clarella Wed 16-Jan-13 10:09:09

I never knew which thread to go with so intermittently straddled both. it's nice to see what I'm in for / can hope for over here! (and
you're all lovely too tho Dec lot are too smile )

more and more I'm wondering if stuff happens gestationally age wise? I know colic does and someone said smiles are at 46 weeks - George smiled bang on 46 weeks.

I'm back in bed with a cold but it is the first time ever since he was born <preens> (though more due post natal adrenaline!)

bigPig I don't think you need to apologise for being rambly and vague today smile

clarella grin that'll explain it. Antenatal trapeze. Didn't even think of it. I have failed my babies sad

BigPigLittlePig Wed 16-Jan-13 10:14:39

Am going to try to go back to sleep on the sofa with LO (bad mummy award no.1) despite the fact her nappy smells disgusting (not long changed but upset tummy - bad mummy award no.2).

Just hope the cat doesn't decide to join us on the sofa because if he does it will be to try to shag my leg, revolting beast

Clarella Wed 16-Jan-13 10:17:04

grin

debating whether to sit in bed with gallons of hot ribena listening to woman's hour or downstairs with gallons of hot ribena and desperate hws of oc ..... either way I'll have baby bird perched on shoulder it seems.

Am going to have to add Ribena to the list of thigns I am craving from home along with northern chip shop chips and pickled onion flavoured monster munch. And salt and vinegar squares. And Lilt. And Vimto. And takeaway curry and naan. My nearest Indian restaurant is 20km away and it's not brilliant.

Yep, definitely time for a summer trip back to the UK.

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 10:26:20

Speaking of Woman's Hour, I just coughed into my tea as the older lady that is on narriwly avoided saying 'fuckbuddy' grin

Ooh catbag in French they have a word for 'fuckbuddy'

It's 'un/une fucking friend'

Seriously. They use the English words, wrong. Makes me laugh every time I hear it. Which isn't often but anyway..

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 10:38:00

Lol, I think I like that better than fuckbuddy grin

Clarella Wed 16-Jan-13 10:39:18

dam missed it doing a change.

KissysUnderTheMisteltoe Wed 16-Jan-13 10:41:57

Lol at the French version of Fuckbuddy! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.