Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - sleeping through yet?

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 09-Jan-13 23:03:10
Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 03:53:54

Ah ok stunt, I will look into that. The babies are 13 weeks old now so will be due to start taking some form or other very soon.

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 03:55:30

It is very quiet in here tonight.... Is everyone having decent sleeps except me I wonder?!

pikz Wed 16-Jan-13 04:12:09

It was all going so well. 9.30 til 1.30. 2 to 4am not so great.

Poor cold/flu baby.

Dixiebell Wed 16-Jan-13 04:40:12

As predicted, but 1.5hrs and no leaking. It's funny catbag, actually with ds1 I never felt the letdown sensation, and rarely leaked except in early days when he started sleeping longer. This time round, I feel letdown and am using all the breast pads I bought but didn't use the first time. Strange.

Clarella Wed 16-Jan-13 06:10:17

kirrin someone from my nct group said try holding arms still as they nod off in arms then also when transferred in basket till properly asleep - the moro reflex (startle) often wakes them up. it can be tricky but I'm seeing improvements, if his hands are crossed on his tummy I'll wait till I think they're floppy ( so asleep) then gently move above his head where they're more likely ti stay still. it's a bit of watching and waiting but has worked extremely well tonight. doesn't work when more fractious but worth a shot. being in gro bag helps too. think that's why swaddling works too.

MissMummy1 Wed 16-Jan-13 06:16:11

1am till 5.30. I am in schock! grin

Clarella Wed 16-Jan-13 06:37:52

grin mm!

we've been clockwork 3 hourly feeds but going down well - bring on the 5 hourly ones!!!

GTbaby Wed 16-Jan-13 06:38:38

I can't sleep. Surrounded by two snoring men. hmm
Aww. LO just made the cute hmmmm noise in his sleep that I need.

Agree cat. Very quite night ladies... It's like a spooky airy feeling

Catbag Wed 16-Jan-13 07:26:26

It has been very eerie gt. I've been padding round Mumsnet in the dark. Could have gone and found a more awake gang to have spent the night talking to, but that is starting to feel disloyal so I just sat here, occasionally whispering 'hello'?.....

horseylady Wed 16-Jan-13 08:03:30

Just to say I found that ds going to bed unswaddled after about3 weeks worked for us. He likes his grow bag. So if you're not having success with swaddling maybe try growbags! He can't kick them off so stays nice and warm. It's bloody freezing. I put another vest on ds last night. Sooooo cold with more snow due!!

pikz Wed 16-Jan-13 08:03:30

Is it meeeee your looking fooooorrr...

katkit1 Wed 16-Jan-13 08:08:07

I was disloyal and read a long thread on aibu about a cleaner either doing her job well enough or not - not sure it reached any conclusion but I stuck with it to the end.

katkit1 Wed 16-Jan-13 08:09:15

Alex has reached a 3 hr gap between feeds - thrilled. I think the sleeping bag has helped.

Passmethecrisps Wed 16-Jan-13 08:09:27

<throws open door and flicks on all the lights holding steaming flask of coffee>

Good morning, ladies.

MissMummy1 Wed 16-Jan-13 08:11:36

Funnily enough I put M in a grobag last night. Wonder if that helped with her sleep? Or if it was just a pure fluke...

Passmethecrisps Wed 16-Jan-13 08:17:24

Too scared not to swaddle.

Tried allowing P to sleep with arms out for her 7-10:30 sleep the other day. 9:40 and she was still awake. Not tried sleeping bags though

Passmethecrisps Wed 16-Jan-13 08:18:07

<wonders if catbag would like a straw for her coffee>

StuntNun Wed 16-Jan-13 08:18:16

I was too tired to pick up my phone in the night but J had FOUR feeds at 1, 2:30, 4 and 5 which I thought was a bit extreme. He has his immunisations today <sob>.

StuntNun Wed 16-Jan-13 08:19:55

So who's up for finishing the thread then? The new one is much funnier: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1660171-November-2012-the-best-post-natal-quiche-on-MN

I dare not tell you how long LO slept last night as you will hate me but it was so long I really panicked when I woke up and rushed over to listen out for signs of life.

Ooh can I sneak in and finish this one off?

No-one seems to be arounnd

It was 10 hours by the way

I can say it as no-one's listening

Bye bye old thread. Shhhhhh.

This thread is not accepting new messages.