Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2010, Here We Go Again

(223 Posts)
LentilAsAnything Tue 01-Jan-13 22:39:13

Hello, October Mamas!
Make yourself comfortable!

WaitingForPancakeDay Mon 08-Apr-13 10:57:46

sheesh! So many spelling mistakes!
Calls not called
Copies not cope

TiredFeet Mon 08-Apr-13 11:07:20

pancakes yeah he never stops talking now! Am missing my little chatterbox, after complaining about lack of morning sickness it is now so bad I have been in hospital overnight. Hopefully going home in a few hours...

Bit spooky about 'catherine' - my friends daughter kept going on about a person in a similar fashion and when my frend looked up the history of the house someone wirh that name had lived there...

WaitingForPancakeDay Mon 08-Apr-13 16:02:41

Ooh dear TF how horrid for you. Must be terrible to feel continually like that. I've found it bad enough just being sick once sad.

LentilAsAnything Tue 09-Apr-13 11:40:17

I just rightmoved Roseisle, only five properties and they are all rather ugly. Sounds good though, I shall keep a watch on it, thank you, Panc!

Oh no, TF, hope you are ok soon.

DS used to point and smile at 'nothing' when he was tiny, I used to think maybe it was ghosts or fairies! Well, why not!

We're moving from Germany in two months, DH's job isn't fulfilling him, so we are packing it in here, and going to his hometown (Fife) for a while.

TiredFeet Tue 09-Apr-13 14:20:14

oh lentils gosh, a big change then! you are moving to a lovely part of the world though smile. and does that mean you will be near DH's family?

LentilAsAnything Tue 09-Apr-13 16:04:48

Yeah, we will actually be staying with PIL to start with. DH is going to be self-employed, and initially I doubt we'll have any money coming in, so we will be living off savings. They don't want any money for rent, we will just buy food, and fund toddler classes etc. And PIL have an allotment with an abundance of veg, so I am hoping our food bill will be quite low! MIL is beyond excited at the prospect of having DS around 24/7, and wants us over ASAP! smile And much as it will be hard for me, utterly lovely as they are, you know, living under someone else's roof, the benefits to DS will be huge, as he's only been able to see his grandparents for long weekends once every couple of months, and he cries when they leave, and misses them lots. Aw.
I am hoping we will be off again somewhere new in good time, depending on work and finances, but for now, it seems like a good move. And DH has been away for 10 years or something, so he is looking forward to seeing his family and friends more.

Oodsigma Tue 09-Apr-13 17:19:23

Another adventure then lentils

LentilAsAnything Tue 09-Apr-13 19:49:35

Always an adventure. smile

WaitingForPancakeDay Wed 10-Apr-13 13:28:37

Wow Lentil. It's a shame the job isn't fulfilling, but no doubt you've all really benefitted from the time in Germany. How do you feel about moving away? It certainly seems that you have made the most of your time there. I don't know Fife that well, but I am sure you'll have a marvellous time and finding your own place to live will be fun. I forgot that the houses on the Moray coast are universally ugly blush. There seems to be some sort of rule that they must be squat unprinted pebble dash affairs. Almost as if the scenery is so stunning, that you have to have something tremendously ugly to off set it.

How you doing with your 6 person family Ood? smile. Would be lovely to see some pics of your last 2 at some point. Perhaps if you wouldn't mind, a pm photo on FB? <smiles winningly>

Oodsigma Wed 10-Apr-13 13:50:33

Hoping I've pm-ed the right person!

LentilAsAnything Wed 10-Apr-13 16:58:59

Ooh, Ood, photo for me too please! Initials AT!

Panc, we are looking forward to leaving. It's been an adventure, and we still plan on moving around every 12-24 months for a good few years yet. Not looking to find a place to live of our own in Fife. PIL have a home in the Outer Hebrides that is empty, so if/when it feels a but claustrophobic living together, we or they can escape there for however long. We will have no money coming in until DH can start making some money with his projects, and that's not guaranteed, so lots of frugal living off of our savings until then! I think he'll make a success of it.

Haha re the homes in Moray! smile

WaitingForPancakeDay Wed 10-Apr-13 21:45:26

Ood, your littlies are gorgeous smile.

Lentil, sounds like a plan. I've moved every 12-18 mths since 2000. Am ready to settle come 2016!

LentilAsAnything Thu 11-Apr-13 00:00:24

Yes! Lovely too see photos!

Panc, remind me where you will settle. Am sure you've told us.

Oodsigma Thu 11-Apr-13 07:29:06

I'm not one for moving. I moved 1/2 mile when I left home and then 10 miles to move in with dh. Not likely to move again ( unless we have enough money for a bigger house).

WaitingForPancakeDay Thu 11-Apr-13 13:43:54

I hope to settle on the south coast, ideally Lilliput in Poole, but would be equally happy with the New Forest. I love Winchester atm but its phenomenally expensive.

TiredFeet Thu 11-Apr-13 17:28:29

Winchester is a bit polluted as well I found pancakes, I felt like I never breathed in fresh air when we lived there. I liked being able to hop on a train and get to London in an hour though, I miss that. We're not that much further away now but somehow an extra half an hour makes a big difference.

ood I envy you in many ways, it must feel nice and settled to have lived there all your life. I just have itchy feet still, not sure where we will end up settling in the end. I love Devon/ Cornwall but its too far from family. In my head we will wander back north again at some point to be nearer family, but then I am conscious that DS is likely to think of the south as 'home' ...

Oodsigma Thu 11-Apr-13 19:26:32

I need to be near the coast. Not even v good at holidaying inland! Love Cornwall & Welsh coast but I guess that's similar landscapes to here ( Lake District)

WaitingForPancakeDay Sat 13-Apr-13 12:05:53

Had a little person come into bed with us at 0600 this morning. Thank goodness, she cuddled up and went to sleep. DH said it was the best cuddle he's had for ages smile. So sweet to her her running down to the bedroom.

WaitingForPancakeDay Sat 13-Apr-13 12:06:10

Hear her....

TiredFeet Sat 13-Apr-13 12:32:02

Awww that is a lovely start to your day pancakes. Ds likes to come in our bed in the morning but normally uses it for trampoling practice rather than cuddles! Not fun at the minute when I wake up feeling so green!

LentilAsAnything Sat 13-Apr-13 14:32:41

DS is still in with us. I really love it, it is sleepy snuggly bliss.

WaitingForPancakeDay Sat 13-Apr-13 15:22:07

Snuggly is absolutely the word smile

Oodsigma Sat 13-Apr-13 15:27:18

Dd3 went in her own room in January, she chose her own paper etc and she was keen on having it. I hated it but have adjusted. She comes in our room most mornings for a cuddle though.

WaitingForPancakeDay Sun 14-Apr-13 10:45:19

DD is 2.5 today smile

WaitingForPancakeDay Sun 14-Apr-13 10:50:16

Oh and she also got her first nursery report on Friday too. Apparently she sometimes pretends her ears aren't working when told not to do something grin. I think I know where she gets that from.

She is, apparently, the first to go and comfort and cuddle an upset child. I wonder if they mind....?! <imagine's DD smothering a baby with love>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now