Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Dec 08 Mums - Happy New Thread, You Beauties!

(992 Posts)
beans37 Tue 01-Jan-13 21:04:52

Come join me....

beans37 Thu 07-Mar-13 15:38:01

I'm here, but a busy bee. Very social at the moment, which is lovely.

Got scan tomorrow. Am about 12 weeks, I think now, although will know for sure tomorrow. Arti, when's your due date?

Taking DDs for a pre-holiday hair snip in a bit - it's free - brilliant! And buying suntan lotion and mozzie-spray too. So very exciting! Cannot wait for Tuesday - bring it on.

Keen to get scan over with as well as am full of terror that it's going to be bad news. Don't know why. Maybe am expecting the worst because then it won't be sad news and good if nothing wrong. DH taking morning off work, which is good.

Must go to the loo! See you later xx

sybilfaulty Thu 07-Mar-13 23:06:05

Lovely Beans, good luck for tomorrow. Am thinking of you and your gorgeous family. Huge hugs to you all.

Vag and other sick notes, get well soon XXXX

Artichook Fri 08-Mar-13 06:53:54

I hope the scan goes well today Beans. Enjoy seeing your little one!

McKayz Fri 08-Mar-13 07:31:34

Beans I hope today goes well. x

beans37 Fri 08-Mar-13 09:04:51

Thanks all! Am ridiculously nervous and keep needing a poo! No surprises there then! DH doing school run, then we're off! Last wee then full bladder for scan! Eek!

See you on the other side xx

Nolda Fri 08-Mar-13 10:45:42

Hope the scan goes well, Beans!

beans37 Fri 08-Mar-13 12:47:20

Turns out am only 11 weeks and 5 days, so no longer due on Sybs's birthday. However, am due on 22nd Sept and all looks to be well. And will probably be early as was with first two, so may yet be 17th!!

But hurray, can breathe again. Was faintly horrid as had to have an internal as well yick. But good outcome!

Everyone else ok! X

Indith Fri 08-Mar-13 13:00:51

An excellent day to be born the 22nd of September is, that's my birthday smile Pleased everything looks good, relax and enjoy your holiday now!

McKayz Fri 08-Mar-13 13:16:07

That is brilliant Beans!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday

sybilfaulty Fri 08-Mar-13 13:36:02

Well done Beans, that's lovely news X

Vagolajahooli Fri 08-Mar-13 18:39:46

Hooray Beans! Wonderful news, why did you need an internal, do you mean they had to stick the ultrasound probe oop thar.

Most of us are better I think though ds2 had the day off school. He has the cutest gravely voice.

Artichook Fri 08-Mar-13 19:38:26

Great news Beans! You are exactly 4 months after me.

Urgent qu if anyone's reading: tonight we are going to a club night (!) remember my new DJ friend. DH flapping about the bedroom in dtate as has no idea what 40 year old men wear to a club. Frankly I am clueless. Is jeans, smart shoes and a shirt OK?

Vagolajahooli Fri 08-Mar-13 21:40:58

Yeah that will be fine I think. Whatever he feels comfortable in. DH tends to wear nice jeans & a nice T-shirt, usually one of his marvel ones & his air Jordan high tops (my god that sounds daggy). Really though most people at those things are either off their heads or absorbed with themselves. Anyway your there with the talent, you'll be fine, go with whatever feels comfortable.

Honsandrevels Fri 08-Mar-13 21:41:58

Fab news Beans! The 19th is the date to aim for, it is my birthday!

Hope you enjoyed the club night arti. You have more stamina than me. I'm heading to bed.

Vagolajahooli Fri 08-Mar-13 21:51:00

Bum 'you're there with the talent' not your. Sorry.

sybilfaulty Sat 09-Mar-13 00:12:26

I haven;t heard anyone say "daggy" since Neighbours c 1988. Fantastic!

JamInMyWellies Sat 09-Mar-13 04:52:49

Am in SA and I have got the bloody tummy bug. So gutted woke up in the middle of the night feeling awful. So have had to miss this mornings safari. Its the wedding today so am going to take immodium and hope for the best. sad

Beans bloody brilliant news. We may join you yet 2 drunken non protected shags in grin Also literally pooing myself at the thought of 3 children.

Artichook Sat 09-Mar-13 09:40:28

By gosh ladies I am TIRED. No 7 month preggers woman should be out 'til 2am in a club with few seats. DH was dragged off the dance floor when he started to try and moonwalk. Mortified (me, not him, he has no shame).

I hope you feel better soon Jam. What awful timing!

Vagolajahooli Sat 09-Mar-13 10:51:33

Streuth Arti (wink Sybs) that is amazing, you dirty stop out. Hilarious Mr Arti dancing at a cool club like an uncle at a wedding. What did he wear in the end?

Sorry about your tummy Jam. Your nurse recommend taking high doses of alcohol but with decent amounts of fluids, sugar, citrus & mint. If only there were a way to combine all those ingredients in one easily digestible beverage???

JamInMyWellies Sat 09-Mar-13 10:59:41

Mojito Vag, sorted. grin

ShadyLadyT Sat 09-Mar-13 15:38:11

Afternoon lovely ladies, sorry for prolonged absence! Staff issues at the pre-school so have been helping out again, as well as DP barely being here so like being a single parent, as well as trying to do writing etc... ANYWAY, Beans - glad the scan seemed ok - how wonderfully exciting! Am coming round to idea of three again...but still not 100% certain yet....

Arti, I just spat out my miso at the thought of your DH moonwalking grin In a pair of Church's brogues, perchance?

Oh Jam, sorry about the pooey ills. How vile for you all. Hope the mojito sets you straight grin Vag, you do make me laugh.

I haven't caught up properly yet so I need to do that and come back. DD1 went to ballet for the first time ever today. She utterly loved it. Which buggers up our Saturdays for the next decade, no doubt grin <selfish>

DP has had a meeting even today (he's back in five mins) so we are all going to watch the latest Muppets movie and I am making popcorn. It really is snatching family time when we can at the moment.

Vagolajahooli Sat 09-Mar-13 19:06:15

I love the muppets movie. We just made pizzas (from a super easy dough recipe which was delicious by the way) had popcorn & watched Madagascar 3. DH is now bathing the boys. The boys are so cheeky to their dad they were really stirring him up while he was trying to run the bath. Dh sounded like a substitute teacher trying to control an unruly class. Then just as he got them in the bath DS2 says in the cutest gravely voice (he still a bit fluey) "but I didn't want a bath daddy, I just fancy a warm shower" he is such a cute thing sometimes.

Early to bed tonight, I have a 10km race tomorrow, & there is snow forecast, awesome.

Vagolajahooli Sat 09-Mar-13 19:10:24

Oh & shady we have swimming & Chinese school on Saturdays & once a month an extra gymnastics class. We try to make sundays a family day. Plus I am trying to co-ordinate DS2's activities so they are the same time as DS1's. That way it maximises their playtime together & also less running around for me. I've managed to get ds2 on the waiting list for a swimming class the same time as ds1's swimming club.

McKayz Sun 10-Mar-13 15:38:37

Hope you are all having a nice Mothers Day.

Vag, my friend has just booked a holiday to Den Hague. Her sister lives there near the beach.

Vagolajahooli Sun 10-Mar-13 20:27:09

That's were we live Kayz near the beach though it's a very long beach so doesn't necessarily mean it's close by. I hope she's coming in summer. Is her sister married to a Dutchman or does she work here.

Did my race today felt I a bit crap but quite enjoyed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now