Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Still brooking no argument whatsoever that these babies are happy, healthy and awesome for 2013 too.

(1000 Posts)
jaggythistle Wed 26-Dec-12 20:46:08

eh. attempt at new thread. yo.

Stacks Thu 28-Mar-13 22:31:22

I spoke to my dad smile now it's time to sleep.

TheLittleFriend Fri 29-Mar-13 07:45:22

Stacks, great that your dads op is over and done with. Hope you slept well.

I was up 2-5 with poor ds trying to poo. He was really distressed sad. He was 6 weeks yesterday, surely he will grow out of it soon < yawn>

oh no little, straining and 'constipation' though he never missed a day pooing, poor sleeping and being miserable and crying a lot were my B's only real signs of cmpi. I'm sure you'll have tried most things by now though. I never tried the baby massage type stuff, as there was always two to juggle, and try to eat in the evening, and I couldn't do it through his screaming, but I do hear good things about it.

Horrendous night here. Again. S woke 8 timnes before 10:30, so took him to bed with me. Woke loads, B up 3 times, S up 5:25. I am a broken woman... Nearly a year of no sleep now, and no signs of any improvement.

dream - i'm going to stick my neck out here, i think whether babies sleeping is 'normal' or not I think you need some help. Whether that's sleep training type help or simply a night nanny for 2 nights I reckon you NEED some sleep now!

The trouble is pomme, it is so hard to do sleep training with no crying, eben if they're crying but you're there trying to soothe, S vomits. Fast. Everywhere. Even on the ranitidine. The ranitidine has stopped the vomiting at bedtime just as he's been laid down after tea and a feed, but this week has proven that he still vomits if he cries. As he cries if put in his cot awake and quickly escalates, as he stands up, so every time you lay him down he gets more pissed off, I really don't see the solution?? I think I'd go sleep consultant though. Maybe it's time to fork out and haemorrhage yet more money on child related things, seeing as I am still paying for help 2 days a week to help me!!

jaggythistle Fri 29-Mar-13 19:54:21

Hello (I should really be working here)

Brooking for ( in no particular order)

Stacks Dad

Dream to get some sleep!

T and J to have a big but well contained poos soon!

Scarlets DS with chickenpox

Jen's exciting BFP

Eh - any other stuff I forgot. blush (sleep deprivation affects your short term memory...I think)

We are ok here, R doing great with walking and can zombie stagger right across the room now. smile His sleep is a tiny bit better. He is still up 2- 3 times min though. I cannot imagine how you do it with the 2 dream! He did actually go to sleep and let DH put him in the cot last night and stay there for 2 hours <faint> Normally he is either awake or sleeping on DH's knee when I get in from evening shift.

Right someone better bring me a sample to analyse here. I still need to fit in expressing somewhere and I'm hanging about waiting and pottering.

I am also jealous of new squishy babies, it must be a hormoney thing. No more in the Jaggy house though! (maybe unless I have a lottery win soon and don't have to get up for work and also have a big house)

Loopyhasanotherbean Fri 29-Mar-13 20:31:23

Aaah.....sorry Jen, I think I was mixing you and jaggy up!

Dream, I have no solution, but can empathise completely re the crying/ vomiting, you have described EXACTLY how ds1 was. All I can say is that between 14-15 months of age, we started him on the combination of 3ml 4 times per day of domperidone (30 mins before breakfast, dinner, tea and bedtime milk) plus a tablet of omeprazole with his breakfast mixed into fruit purée. This rapidly reduced the frequency and it was unbelievable how it changed him. Within 6 months he had lost the ability to make himself sick voluntarily for attention (he used to do this all the time, even on the 5 min journey back from nursery because he was bored) and on average he was only being sick once a month. They keep trying to get us to take him off the medication but each time we reduce the amount of domperidone, he starts being sick more frequently again. In that process again now, and on 2 ml and he threw up all over the kitchen Wednesday afternoon. He also threw up all over the kitchen tonight. All over the floor, splashed up the cooker, the American fridge freezer, the cupboards, drawers, wine cooler, everywhere. Left Dp to clean it up seeing as he is so in favour of reducing the medication. The doctors said he'd stop when he weaned. They then said he'd grow out of it by 1, then by 2. I don't think they have a clue. Got another medication review in April, just hope they agree to keep prescribing....

BartletForTeamGB Sat 30-Mar-13 07:45:14

In bed at my PILs with DD beside me so have both hands free to write a proper message. Feel a bit guilty coming on to report how well she is doing when things are hard for others! Dh & I went out to Prezzo last night while DS stayed with the PILs & DD just slept or looked at us throughout dinner. She fed when we got back and then was only up once overnight.

dream, I agree that a night nanny might be a good idea for a couple of days just to let you both catch up on some sleep. It might be a really good investment.

jaggy, that's exciting that R can walk now. Doesn't seem long at all since you were first pregnant, time flies in such a strange way!

stacks, great that you could chat to your dad. Hope he recovers well.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sat 30-Mar-13 08:05:34

Loopy, in your shoes I would be reluctant to reduce the medication too! That's a lot of sick. sad Do they know why he is sick so much? Is it still reflux?

Jaggy, R's walking is amazing! Impressed. M won't walk further than about 5 steps - she decides you're too far away and gets down and crawls instead. Love the phrase 'zombie stagger'! So cute!

Dream, you are Superwoman! I have no idea how you do it. I find one hard enough, much less three. confused You are amazing. Up 8 times before 10.30...ugh. Brooking really hard for a big improvement in sleep for you really soon, lovely. You've had such a hard time for the last year.

Little, hope DS improves soon, poor little mite!

Stacks, how is your dad doing now?

How is our newly updiffed Jen? (not at all envy, noooo)

Pet, hope you got some sleep!

<waves at Pomme, Musical and everyone else>

M has a new fascination with toilets. One minute she was playing in the hall, in my line of sight, 15 seconds later I hear the distinct noise the scales make when someone kicks them on the hard floor. I drop the laptop and find M standing by the toilet banging the seat up and down. hmm I must learn faster to keep the door shut!

jaggythistle Sat 30-Mar-13 14:14:48

haha too R also loves the bathroom/toilet. I sometimes forget to shut the door as well. He also accosts his big brother while he's trying to have a poo. grin

I think his walking is getting better fast as he's trying to keep up with M running about. He's always wanted to be on his feet though, eben when he was tiny he wanted to be proped up beside M's bed at bedtime when I was doign a story.

If I could upload videos I would show you them dancing together, it is most amusing. smile Might try to do a more recent photo if I get time. Would have to check all your current usernames for my 'mumsnet mates' though or it won't work. If work gets quiet later on....

Bartlet glad to hear DD is doing well smile I can't believe the size of R either sometimes, or that it's his birthday next month! He's still my wee baby though, no matter what DH or Mum say about his enormousness.

Did I tell you that I got him weighed when he was 10.5 months and he was 2lb heavier than M was at his 1 year check. shock

jaggythistle Sat 30-Mar-13 14:55:01

did a couple of pics smile

jaggythistle Sat 30-Mar-13 14:56:52

they seem to have gone a bit jumbly though confused

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sat 30-Mar-13 20:38:09

So cute! Love the matching stripy red tops.

I'm pissed off. The mooncup appears to be a failed experiment. Leaking everywhere. I've reverted to tampons, feeling like a failure and a bucket-vag. It is possible that I'm having a really heavy period, but I don't really think I am...it just isn't working. I worked out how to get it out, but maybe I'm doing something else wrong now. confused

jaggy they're gorgeous! Such smiley boys, a lovely little family.

I'm wondering if clocks going forward will solve my 5:30am mornings? Will it still be 6:30 tomorrow?? Helpfully, just to seal the deal this morning, S vomited profusely over me too at 5:30/6:30... He did his first steps yesterday though- he was walking holding one hand, then paused so I let go and he did two wobbly steps, then dh claimed it was just momentum so i got him balanced and let go again-4 steps. Exciting times. Poor b still stuck on his bottom, poor little frustrated so highly annoying pudding

Oh no about the moon cup too. It sounded so promising. Still no af here, I'm dreading it hugely...

PetWoman Sun 31-Mar-13 08:18:18

Happy Easter, everyone! smile

GreenOlives Sun 31-Mar-13 08:58:16

Happy Easter to you too pet and to everyone else! Hope your day is filled with family/friends and lots of chocolate!! grin

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sun 31-Mar-13 13:45:38

Oooh, hurray for S walking, Dream! Well done him! Brooking that the clocks going forward will mean 6.30 wakings instead...but we will have to put the Brooking babies to bed an hour earlier today, so not sure how that will work out! I suppose because M, DH and I have to get up on Tuesday at 6 for work/nursery then it will bounce M back to 6 am wake-ups very quickly, alas!

Happy Easter!

GreenOlives Sun 31-Mar-13 19:31:31

Can I ask what you ladies are doing about contraception? The midwife and the health visitor have already mentioned it and my 6 week check is next week so I can discuss it then. Everyone seems to be very keen on the Mirena iud but I have reservations about the potential side effects. Do any of you have one and if so what do you think? At the moment we're leaning more towards condoms which is what we used for the year between having DS1 and starting to TTC. Eventually DH is going to have the snip but at the mo we are only 99% sure that our family's complete so until that 1% disappears we can't do anything permanent! smile

JenFreggle Sun 31-Mar-13 19:42:45

I'm not the best one to answer contraception questions grin

GreenOlives Sun 31-Mar-13 20:11:29

Definitely not taking contraception advice from you Jen! wink grin

JenFreggle Sun 31-Mar-13 20:13:41

I have to say that the not having sex worked well for 9 months though

GreenOlives Sun 31-Mar-13 21:58:01

Thats the method Im currently using Jen as at 5 weeks post partum my bits are not healed completely yet and my piles are playing up again! grin

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sun 31-Mar-13 22:36:22

Also using the not-having-sex method of contraception. Green, at 5 weeks post-partum I would be shocked and actually a bit disapproving if you said you were wrestling DH to the floor every night! I did get the mini-pill at my 6 (well, 8) week check, but I turned out to be totally incapable of remembering to take it. On the rare occasions when DH and I DTD, we use the time-honoured rhythm method. So far it's working! last time we had sex was at least 6 weeks ago because it was before my last period

I'm supposed to be getting a coil but so far have failed miserably. Rhythm and withdrawal working so far over here.

dream - on the sleep thing I think paying a night nanny for a night and leaving her to take the pain might be a good option. Just one night would surely make you feel better? Yay to s for walking! A has proved two or three times she can do it but is such a lazy lump she prefers sitting on her arse mainly.

This thread is not accepting new messages.