Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - come on stragglers, we're waiting for you

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 05-Dec-12 19:42:06
Passmethecrisps Thu 06-Dec-12 14:49:00

Also, I meant to say, DH is concerned that I am in the house so much. Personally, I am not at all fussed about going out. The weather is awful and p and I are still settling into a routine - one which keeps being interrupted by stuff like poo and thrush.

I said to him that I would start worrying about leaving the house next week when P is a month old. Is anyone else quite happily cuddled in the house? I think I must be weird for not needing to leave the house.

Chunkychicken Thu 06-Dec-12 15:00:12

pass I haven't had A weighed for nearly 2 wks (bad Mummy!) but he was 8lb 1oz then & I think has put on weight since so 8lb+ now. He is wearing some newborn sizes (from DD) but others he has definitely grown out of. He is mainly in Asda first size, Sainsbury up to 1mth & M&S up to 1mth. If the Sainsbury stuff fits her, get a few basics in the 1mth & 0-3 sizes. That way you have things as she grows & they're not that pricey of she doesn't wear them much (plus you can save them for #2 grin).

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 15:00:28

Pass I'm very similar - mindst the weather here is so shit it's not unusual!

StuntNun Thu 06-Dec-12 15:06:26

You need to put yourself first GT can you put baby in a bouncer while you make yourself something? Or have something you can get one-handed?

Chunkychicken Thu 06-Dec-12 15:06:51

GT 2nd VQs advice. Could you go to a local supermarket, with clothes & a cafe? Have a wander around, grab a coffee, read a magazine, maybe buy yourself something nice and just get out for a bit. Your little man with enjoy it & you'll get a break.

pass I didn't go many places with DD, maybe just to my Mum's or sister's (when they're not at work etc) but at 8 or 9wks old, I started going to groups etc & met other mums with babies of a similar age. Do what you want to do when you're ready, doesn't matter if anybody else thinks you should/shouldn't.

ValiumQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 15:22:43

pass as I am in the same crap weather as you, I think anyone who wants to go out in this must be mad! Also when LO is not 100% it is better to stay warm and snuggly. Just tell DH you are bonding.

My advice is throw the paper liners away. They are useless and not designed to be used with pocket nappies. The fleece liner is a liner. If you use another liner, it will leak as pee would rather go out along the liner than fight through two liners. Also only bamboo nappies need washing three times. Remember no nappy creams. Are you confident with washing them?

Once J is well, perhaps we should meet up for a coffee and I could show you my stash.

Passmethecrisps Thu 06-Dec-12 15:25:53

Thank you ladies! I told DH I wasn't answering the phone today either. It has been snowing and sleeting here. The sky is gray and the pavements are slippy. I don't feel the need to bundle P and I up just to wander around in the cold.

Having said that I might need to get some clothes for P which actually fit. At least 4 of her suits don't let her stretch her legs properely.

She has slept a lot today. I have decided just to let her sleep as she is so upset when she is awake. I might regret this tonight but I think I need to let her tummy digest what is in there and when she is awake she wants I eat.

Having a bit of a guilty moment as she was fine before I stopped expressing. She obviously has a sensitive tummy. Ah well, time for a wee burl on the guilt hamster wheel before sorting myself out.

ValiumQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 15:26:00

Indeed there is a nappuchino in Stirling I believe. Perhaps MM or others near-ish could come?

ValiumQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 15:27:15

I could wear a carnation, but the Zimmer frame would give me away.

Passmethecrisps Thu 06-Dec-12 15:29:42

A nappuchino? This is a whole new world of excitement! Is this the same as the baby cafe? I was going to go along to that but it's for breastfeeding support I think.

There are a few of us in the central belt - I think a meet when everyone's LOs are better would be awesome.

I would love to check out your stash! I was going to take some pics earlier of the nappy made then on P to check I was doing it right. I might do this later.

Passmethecrisps Thu 06-Dec-12 15:30:39

Yes VQ! That and your stash of steradent wink

ValiumQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 15:37:14

I was gonna suggest the baby cafe, but with your bf challenges thought it might be insensitive of me. I think the nappy thing is Thursdays, Cafe Nero. Not every week. I will find out and PM you.

Passmethecrisps Thu 06-Dec-12 15:45:45

Ach, I am made of sterner stuff than that. I just wasn't sure if it was exclusively for BF. might look a numpty rocking up with bottles of Hipp!

ValiumQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 15:51:15

I am not sure TBH. Not sure if Nappuccino is still running, but I will look into it. It will likely be the new year being realistic. I need to be sure little spud is virus free as you would not thank me. We will sort something out. See, you can tell DH you have a plan! Be warned, washables are highly addictive. Lentils optional.

Passmethecrisps Thu 06-Dec-12 15:58:36

He will be delighted! New Year sounds grand to me. Hardly any time really.

I am looking forward to her waking up so I can check out the state of her bottom!

ValiumQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 16:05:22

Just found out the little boy who was having problems being nice to my daughter is now going to a different school. For the best I am sure, but his mum will be gutted.

Having fun writing thousands of Christmas cards with DD1. Little miss popular that she is.

YellowWellies Thu 06-Dec-12 16:21:34

I'd be up for a central belt meet up in the New Year - we're back in Fife from 11th Jan (whoop!) grin

ValiumQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 16:30:07

Do you have somewhere to live yet YW ?

DonnaDoon Thu 06-Dec-12 16:34:39

I would love to meet up with you guys but am in midlands so miles away...im not even on facebook so cant even see pics etc sad

horseylady Thu 06-Dec-12 16:47:55

Vq - Zimmer frame giving away smile my flat nipples will give me away smile

Right someone told me off for not having a hat on ds. He hates them. He'd got loads of clothes on just no hat. Seeing as I don't believe you lose the majority of heat through your head ( if you think about it it would be stupid given how we've dressed ourselves for centuries and no perished). However I just smiled. He's plenty warm enough. And he was only in the car!! He had his snow suit ( with hood) on earlier in the minus 5 at the farm. He was warm enough then too!

Pass - it wound send me mental staying in. I appreciate the majority of the population do not think like me. If you're happy why worry?! Unless you're not in which case hugs!!

horseylady Thu 06-Dec-12 16:49:49

I'm in the middle too Donna!! Scotland a bit far for me sad would be lovely to meet you!!

ShellyBobbs Thu 06-Dec-12 16:54:10

An old woman came up to me in Asda this morning and told me off for bringing a small baby out in this cold weather grin She maybe thought I should go home and scrub my doorstep!

MissMummy1 Thu 06-Dec-12 16:54:17

i'm well up for a meet up in the new year! yw i am happy to drive if need be (although not braved that one yet...).

I'd fed her about half an hour beforehand so sure it must be hindmilk. Fab! What temp do we feed her it at? Room temp or do we heat it up? Must look at kellymom website!

I'm just chuffed I can actually feed her! grin

Thechick Thu 06-Dec-12 17:01:24

Hey all, just checking in, hope everyone is okay. H had his jabs today and we both had our post natal checks. I thought the dr was going to check my stiches but she didn't which was fine. It all feels okay 'down there' so I didn't mind at all. H has been very sleepy since he had his jabs, waking for food only. He is now 8lb and is 8 and a half weeks, which is great. So all in all we are both good.

ValiumQueen Thu 06-Dec-12 17:12:09

A hat is not advised in a warm car, or house.

horsey you have proved many times that you are super woman. Seriously though, you are a walking advert for healthy living. I used to be like you once, then I fell in love with a lazy fat Git.

This thread is not accepting new messages.